This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Seige part III Daedalus landing

Just watching Rising part III again, and was wondering if someone can provide stills from the episode showing the Daedalus landing.

I'm pretty sure the Daedalus lands on water but someone said it doesn't. I've watched the scene over and over and i'm sure the Daedalus lands on water next to the platform, not on it. I can see water gushing around underneath caused by the engines it as the base of the ship hovers above the surface and then lands and floats on it.

try www.stargatecaps.com
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

im pretty sure its on water. If the city gets damaged from darts flying into it. im pretty sure the daedulus landing on it would crush it.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
          im pretty sure its on water. If the city gets damaged from darts flying into it. im pretty sure the daedulus landing on it would crush it.
          yeah but the Daddulas isn't landing with break neck speed like if you punch an eeg it will break but if you set you had on it it would be fine
          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
            yeah but the Daddulas isn't landing with break neck speed like if you punch an eeg it will break but if you set you had on it it would be fine
            im just saying, the daedalus is pretty big. Seen the wraith darts to the cruisers, then compare the cruisers to the daedalus.

Comment

To tell ya the truth, it's hard to tell if it landed on water or not.
              sigpic

Comment

I didn't notice it the first time, but after watching it closely it sure looks like it's landing on water.
                My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                  To tell ya the truth, it's hard to tell if it landed on water or not.
                  whats spraying up?
                  i doubt its dust or sand or pollution

Comment

if you go to the official website and check out the overhead shots of the city, you can see both the enormity of it, and "spokes" of the city that are large enough to easily function as tarmacs.

Comment

As the Daedalus is descending it's moving from the background, over water that sprays up, to the foreground and lands on the east pier. The above screenshot is taken a couple seconds to early to see the pier but the four polls with lights on the top of them are at it's back edge.

TECHNICIAN (over comms): Doctor Weir -- the Daedalus is requesting permission to land on the east pier.

Comment

The 'spray" you see is probably engine exhaust from the landing thrusters.
                        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                          The 'spray" you see is probably engine exhaust from the landing thrusters.
                          u do have a point

Originally posted by bcharley
                          TECHNICIAN (over comms): Doctor Weir -- the Daedalus is requesting permission to land on the east pier.
                          that doesn't mean the daedalus was landing on the actual city

Comment

that doesn't mean the daedalus was landing on the actual city
                            well, yeah, actually, i think it does. else, why "requesting permission to land on the east pier." they wouldn't need permission to land on the ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep
                              well, yeah, actually, i think it does. else, why "requesting permission to land on the east pier." they wouldn't need permission to land on the ocean.
                              the east pier could be partially under the ocean
                              or, look behind the daedalus at its front end whilst it is coming in to land, see a building thing, its a pier. in the foreground there is something that looks as though it is part of the "spoke" of the city

Comment

Working...
                              X