This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weir/Torri Nomination

:sigh: Here goes my lurker status. I'm starting a thread (hopefully in the right area) to talk about the nomination Torri Higginson has earned for "Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series" for SGA, in the Saturn Awards. Now, if you're anything like me, your first two responses will be:

1.) Yay, go Torri!
    2.) And, 'Supporting' actress? WTH! I thought Torri was lead?

But it seems they placed her in the supporting catagory, along with Amanda Tapping from Stargate: SG-1. Personally, I see neither of those women as supporting characters, but at least people are recognizing 'em for their skills and abilities, so I'm not going to complain too much.

Here's a list of TH competition:

Amy Acker (Angel) (The WB Network)
    Erica Durance (Smallville) (The WB Network)
    Samantha Mathis (‘Salem’s Lot) (TNT)
    Amanda Tapping (Stargate: SG-1) (Sci Fi Channel/MGM)
    Sonya Walger (The Librarian: Quest For the Spear) (TNT)

And here's a link for those who want to see lists of all nominations and catagories:

http://www.saturnawards.org/nominations.html

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
    I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
    Spoiler:
    Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

I do think TH is a good actress and deserves to be nominated but I also think it was rightly so in the supporting actress category.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
    Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

First off Congradulations Torri - she deserves to be acknowledge for her great work (esp. Before I Sleep)

Secondly people are already discussing this in the Weir/Torri appreciation thread:
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ri#post4482173
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
        First off Congradulations Torri - she deserves to be acknowledge for her great work (esp. Before I Sleep)

Secondly people are already discussing this in the Weir/Torri appreciation thread:
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ri#post4482173
        I know. I just wanted to see what the general public thought of it, not just the select few who visit the Weir Appreciation thread (we all KNOW what people there are going to say! ). I just wanted to get the general concensus.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
        I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
        Spoiler:
        Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
          I know. I just wanted to see what the general public thought of it, not just the select few who visit the Weir Appreciation thread (we all KNOW what people there are going to say! ). I just wanted to get the general concensus.
          Agree Whistler. She deserves the kudos from all the sga fans. She did a terrific job in the role even especially taking it over from another actress and to get nominated for the award her first year out is very impressive especially for an ensemble show. And she's gotten even stronger in Season two imo. Good luck to her at the saturns. Maybe she'll bring the thing home to sga.

Comment

I'm very glad to see Torri nominated, but she is in some stiff competition. But it is a good showing for someone in their first season of a show. I don't think she will win (I think Amanda will), but with the character growth that Weir has shown in season 2, I think Torri stands a very good chance of taking all the marbles next year.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Alright! Go Torri!

I for one wants to see her win, yes, even over AT.

*Dodges flying chair*

Comment

I hope she'll win this award. I like AT too, sure, but she already won this price, so Torri really deserves it! She's a great actress and makes SGA perfect

Comment

Well done Torri!! Fabulous actress. No point in saying this since she IS going to win *glares at non-believers* but woot! Good luck! Love her work in Season 2, the range she has played so far is great.

(I just have to add in good luck for At as well, she is still an awesome actor too!!)

Lovebar made by natz099
                  My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

I predict Amanda will win........because she already has.

The link in the first post is to the Saturn Award Nominations announced in Feb, 2005 for the 31st Annual Saturn Awards. The winners of the 31st Annual Awards were given out in May, 2005. AT won over Torri. BB and CB also won for Farscape Peacekeeper Wars.

http://www.saturnawards.org/

Look for the nominations for the 32nd Annual Awards to be announced sometime in January-February, 2006. I'm sure Torri will be back in the running.

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

As much as I love Torri and her work on "Atlantis" (and am rooting for her to win!), I think that AT will win, just because she is the more established, experienced actress with the show.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Amanda has the bulk of more television exsperiance, and has established herself at the Saturn awards. Therefore, my prediction DOES go to her.

However, I DO think that Torri will be a serious contender for this and further years to come judging on her preformances we've seen so far. Just to add to what Steve_the_Wraith said about "Before I Sleep," have those even noticed the work that woman can do just with her eyes? She astounds me at times!
                        "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

I'm hoping for a Saturn win for Torri in 2006 .
                          As keshou already said,this year was Amanda's time....
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'm glad for TH and she's done some good work, but it's too bad she's pitted against AT. I would have to pick AT over TH. not that I get to vote or anything.

Comment

Yep. I'd pick AT in the Lead Actress position every time, if they EVER decide to put her there for good.

However, as many of us know,
                              Spoiler:
                              There's an upcoming ep where Weir/TH kick some major butt - both in RL and in the series

Comment

Working...
                              X