This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Wormhole Shot in "The Ties that Bind"

Did anyone notice that they used the Atlantis wormhole shot last night? Just like they do in the laughable opening credits. That got me wondering: Has the Atlantis wormhole shot replaced the old one? And if it did that doesnt make much sense. The Atlantis one I always thought looked different since they were dialing another galaxy.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I thought it was a little weird. Isn't the wornhole blue instead of a teal/green color? Hmm... seems a little odd that both shows would make bloopers like that unless it was on purpose for some reason I don't get.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
    Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Spoilers for Origin, Avenger 2.0....

When they connect to Atlantis, the dialing software connects to the Atlantis gate which has a different version of the software, thus creating the different effect. We know that gate and wormhole behaviour are affected by the Ancient software in the DHDs and Atlantis definitely has a different one.

Now, for the gates in The Ties That Bind, remember that the Ori priors have started to come to our galalxy? They probably have different or newer stargates. What's happening is that the incoming wormholes from the other galaxy are now updating all the Milky Way gates with new software (the automatic updates thing seen in Avenger 2.0). So from now on, they should be using the new gate effect. Really, it only takes one time for a out-of-galaxy gate to connect with a Milky Way DHD. Then the rest of the gates update automatically.

Comment

can you describe what was happening during the wormhole shot?
        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by 1138
          When they connect to Atlantis, the dialing software connects to the Atlantis gate which has a different version of the software, thus creating the different effect. We know that gate and wormhole behaviour are affected by the Ancient software in the DHDs and Atlantis definitely has a different one.

Now, for the gates in The Ties That Bind, remember that the Ori priors have started to come to our galalxy? They probably have different or newer stargates. What's happening is that the incoming wormholes from the other galaxy are now updating all the Milky Way gates with new software (the automatic updates thing seen in Avenger 2.0). So from now on, they should be using the new gate effect. Really, it only takes one time for a out-of-galaxy gate to connect with a Milky Way DHD. Then the rest of the gates update automatically.
          Hm. No.

It's a case of "hm, our wormhole special effects are so old they're laughable". They've switched to the updated Atlantis wormhole FX but they coloured it blue.

Comment

It's a case of "hm, our wormhole special effects are so old they're laughable". They've switched to the updated Atlantis wormhole FX but they coloured it blue.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That sounds very plausible.
            I wish they'd stayed with the old one...It was/is so cool!

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by 1138

thats a nice explanation to apply a new/better/better looking effect
              it's just an upgrade from the art department. imo the old one was kinda
              cheap looking, i really really like the new designs

Comment

I have to admit i didn't really like the grey and black swirling but I loved the bursting of the stars rushing towards u, then goin thru space on that grey path thing, so much better than the atlantis one and sund woz so much better.

Comment

Technically, the travler is broken down and converted to energy, so there's nothing to see anyway.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Catalase
                    Hm. No.

It's a case of "hm, our wormhole special effects are so old they're laughable". They've switched to the updated Atlantis wormhole FX but they coloured it blue.
                    Yes, I'm sure that's it but when Sam returns she'll have a long-winded explanation for why it's different now...1138's response sounds like something she might say.

Actually this will probably pass without an on-screen explanation since, as Hatcheter says, the team can't see the effect.

I liked the old hole but must admit the new one looks better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas
                      Did anyone notice that they used the Atlantis wormhole shot last night? Just like they do in the laughable opening credits. That got me wondering: Has the Atlantis wormhole shot replaced the old one? And if it did that doesnt make much sense. The Atlantis one I always thought looked different since they were dialing another galaxy.
                      I know, I was kinda annoyed. MW has its own gate tunnel because the MW Stargates was MkI, whilst in Pegasus, it has its own gate tunnel because it was using Mk2 Stargates.

Now, I guess it can be said that the connection with the Mk2 Stargate, updated the existing Mk1 Stargate protocols, but that can't be, because last connection (that we know of) between a Mk1 and a Mk2 was 10,000 years ago, and even then, the past 8 years, we would have seen the Mk2 Stargate gate tunnel and not of Mk1's.

So, stop promoting Atlantis on SG-1, SG-1 is going strong it doesn't need to be big brother to Atlantis, because Atlantis can take care of its own.
                      Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                      WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

They just changed it like they did new shoots of the SGC outside etc. Ain't no big deal.

In Sliders they changed like 3 times the design of the wormhole...

Comment

Yeah... but this isn't Sliders.

SG-1's gate tunnel is famous, like its theme tune. You can't just change it.
                          Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                          WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

yer I'm with you, it shuldn't be changed, it's a classic, classics shuld be left how they are.

Comment

I agree the SG-1 wormhole affect is classic, however it is fairly dated... So my suggestion would have been to simply update it. Create a CGI that would be a newer looking version.

Also, I don't really like the Atlantis wormhole effect.
                              sigpic
                              In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Working...
                              X