Favourite Trek Captain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Trek Captain

Who is your favourite Star Trek Captain?

1. Kirk
    2. Picard
    3. Sisko
    4. Janeway
    5. Archer? - Is that his name (Enterprise guy)

I say Sisko
    Kirk
    17.61%
    Picard
    42.96%
    Sisko
    13.38%
    Janeway
    16.90%
    Archer
    9.15%
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Kirk all the way. He's got abundant character, style and knows what's going on and how to deal with it (Even if it's not the right way).

Comment

Picard by a mile. He was the ultimate starship captain in my books and is still the benchmark that all leaders in sci-fi have to messure up to.

Comment

Picard / Janeway ... I find it hard to choose between the two.

Picard was just such a brilliant commander and had such great presence, especially when he's on the bridge of his ship.

Janeway however was a much more all-round women who was better at communicating and dealing with problems which required more than a good strong voice and a good mind. She also handled herself brilliantly in a much more unstable situation.
        //

O'Neill: Phasers?
        Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Definitely Picard for me......

Comment

1. Picard -- just plain cool

2. Sisko -- cool and a a baseball fan. I thought Rodenberry got rid of baseball in his vision of the future.

3. Janeway -- Really wasnt as bad as everyone says after you got past the first 2 seasons when the less advanced races kept capturing the ship... so I guess Vulcans make crpy security chiefs?

4. Kirk -- hes just kind of annoying chauvinist in an ugly uni, but he is the original so you got to give him props.

5. Archer -- Im sorry I still cant get past his favorite sport being Water Polo.... seriously its an issue for me I mean why not Football (american,UK or Aussie rules), Rugby, baseball, Hockey, Lacross heck even cricket and Curling is a cooler sport... plus I kept wondering when Sam would complete his job and leap.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Well...Kirk/Janeway...had to pick Kirk because i like William Shatner, and he did the pretensious, chauvinist, TV military doofus role to a T.

I would have gone for Janeway but she was a tad annoying - though in a loveable way. She's goofy - as is Kirk. Ok, basicaly, she's a female Kirk. Can't I vote for two???
              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Has to be Picard. He was so complex - strict, yet jolly, yet tense around children. He had so many good episodes - Best of Both Worlds, Darmok, All Good Things.... None of the others can compare!

Anyway, which other captain would assign an executive officer in charge of radishes?

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                  yet tense around children.
                  Remember when he got trapped in the turbolift
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

My favorite captain has to be Picard, hands down.

He is the quintessential Renaissance man, one with the heart of a lion and the soul of a poet. No one else compares.

And Patrick Stewart is the best actor Trek ever featured. He brought a sense of diginity to the show as well as to the genre.

Qasimjavid, if you start a Favorite Trek Character poll, perhaps Spock or Data could give Picard a run for his money.
                    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

First it would be Picard.. then Janeway and Archer. I reserve a special place for Kirk.. because, well, he's Kirk! It's Shatner! He's the original.. I was raised on TNG, so I guess that gives me a different viewpoint, but it's not an easy decision!

Atlantis Base offers greetings from the Pegasus Galaxy
                      "Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, it turns out you are."

http://babyseals.care2.com/
                      www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

Picard was/is my favorite.

But I did really like Janeway & Sisko

Kirk was okay

Never could get into Enterprise so Archer is way down at the bottom of the list for me.
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          Picard was/is my favorite.

But I did really like Janeway & Sisko

Kirk was okay

Never could get into Enterprise so Archer is way down at the bottom of the list for me.
                          1. Janeway
                          2. Picard
                          3. Kirk
                          4. Sisko
                          5. Archer (never got into Enterprise)

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Perhaps this opinion comes from being brought up on TNG, but it's Picard by a mile. His character and Patrick Stewart's portrayal of him lent a credibility to Star Trek that no sci-fi show had had before. It took two less than stellar shows 11 combined years run time to finally overshadow the presence he brought to the captain's chair.

Comment

1. James T. Kirk
                              2. Jean-Luc Picard
                              3. Sisko/Janeway (tie)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X