Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will like it. Ooops, I've read some chapters in Hungarian.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Khmm. You should read it in hungarian, the english version will be for foreigners. By the way, how many chapters have you read already?
      'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
      One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

SGA fanfiction I'm translating to english. It's a novel!

Comment

Four or five out of 105.

I can say only good thing about Nefadar's fan fiction. She has a very unique fantasy, so she re-created the whole SG universe and added new races, events etc. You should read it, when it will be available in English.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Oh, I see, you're waiting for my corrections, right? Really though, I'm not sure I can make a thread for it, but since the fanfic uploader doesn't work...

Comment

don't post it here please. It's nt that we dont' want to read it, but this forum was never meant to archive fic.

Darren is working on fixing the uploader, but for the time being, i'd suggest someplace like www.fanfiction.net for your fic. You can then post a link to it here and let people know when it's been updated
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I don't really understand what do you mean by archiving it, cos obviously I will have it on my computer too, not just in the net, of course. And I also don't know the american kind of rating, how it works( you know, I mean PG, and this kind of stuff...), and don't want to break any rules. It's not bloody, or have a lot of sex in it, just as much as would be in the tv show I think. How can I find an explanation for ratings?

Comment

i think www.tvratings.org works. I'll check the link in a minute. From the sound of things, your fic is likely PG-13, suitable for folks over 13.

as to archiving it, at fanfic.net, you upload the fic to thier servers and then people can access it from there.
                they also have an explanation of the rating system they use and what each one means.

when you archive fic, you still keep a copy on your computer, but you're just uploading a copy somewhere public, kinda like you'd be doing by posting it here, but it'd be posted in story format, not as a forum post.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  i think www.tvratings.org works. I'll check the link in a minute. From the sound of things, your fic is likely PG-13, suitable for folks over 13.
                  The site doesn't load for me. But I think I can upload it on fanfic according to your rating. By the way, I have to emphasise that it's not my fic, I'm just correcting and translating it.

when you archive fic, you still keep a copy on your computer, but you're just uploading a copy somewhere public, kinda like you'd be doing by posting it here, but it'd be posted in story format, not as a forum post.
                  Ok, I do it that way. Just you know, Nefadar(the writer) posted it on our forum, and it seemed the normal way.

Comment

this link should work
                    http://www.tvguidelines.org/ratings.asp

In any case, darren has never wanted fic posted in this part of the forum, he wants people to use the archive. But i've been allowing it since our downloader has been broken for quite a while

As soon as they can get it fixed and running - and no promise when this'll be - i'll start closing folks' fic threads and get them to post their stuff to the GW archive

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, this works finally.

Comment

Hey I was just wondering what do we know about Sheppard's childhood, his family, parents.

And how old was Ford?

Thanks
                        sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1142444/pranksta-4-lyf

R.I.P. Pike River Miners

Spoiler:
                        It was all fun and games until Kyle chased a weka.
                        I once ate two buns.
                        I'll stand in the water while you wash your carrots.
                        Let go of my arm, you stupid anemone!

Comment

Originally posted by Pranksta View Post
                          Hey I was just wondering what do we know about Sheppard's childhood, his family, parents.

And how old was Ford?

Thanks
                          He was twenty-five in Season One.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

OK thanks

Another question: Do we know who's in Major Lorne's team?

And does major Lorne read Ancient? Or recognise a writing as Ancient but not able to read it? And can mcKay read Ancient?
                            Last edited by Pranksta; 04 December 2007, 08:05 PM.
                            sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1142444/pranksta-4-lyf

R.I.P. Pike River Miners

Spoiler:
                            It was all fun and games until Kyle chased a weka.
                            I once ate two buns.
                            I'll stand in the water while you wash your carrots.
                            Let go of my arm, you stupid anemone!

Comment

When did Atlantis get in contact with earth again? (I want to write a fan fiction but have a few questions). Are they still in contact with Earth? (I only begun watching season 1 so I just watch underground so I am not quite caught up)

Comment

Originally posted by DanielleG View Post
                                When did Atlantis get in contact with earth again? (I want to write a fan fiction but have a few questions). Are they still in contact with Earth? (I only begun watching season 1 so I just watch underground so I am not quite caught up)
                                *bangs head on wall* dang! i had the answer right at the top of my mind and i just lost it again!!!! sorry, however, my friend has season 1, so i'll ask her and get back to you on that! welcome to the forums, btw!!
                                I am NOT slashing these two!!
                                sigpic
                                beautiful pic made by Luciana

Comment

Working...
                                X