Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doctor/River Song Ship/Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all aired episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Water

Spoiler:

Yeah, I was on tenterhooks too, I think I would have cried if Missy had turned out to be River. I have to keep reminding myself that SM loves River, that she is entirely his creation and that he would never harm her. It's like he's a jealous lover or something.

I am intrigued by these little references to River that keep her memory alive. "River Belle" in the newspaper in Deep Breath, the argument that led the Doctor going to live with otters from The Caretaker, and now this. No other companion is being referenced this way (that I've noticed anyway). There are no tantalising hints this series about Amy or Rory or Rose or Sarah Jane Smith. Just these tiny glimpses of River. It makes her special and I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
      Dark Water

Spoiler:

Yeah, I was on tenterhooks too, I think I would have cried if Missy had turned out to be River. I have to keep reminding myself that SM loves River, that she is entirely his creation and that he would never harm her. It's like he's a jealous lover or something.

I am intrigued by these little references to River that keep her memory alive. "River Belle" in the newspaper in Deep Breath, the argument that led the Doctor going to live with otters from The Caretaker, and now this. No other companion is being referenced this way (that I've noticed anyway). There are no tantalising hints this series about Amy or Rory or Rose or Sarah Jane Smith. Just these tiny glimpses of River. It makes her special and I like that.

Dark Water
      Spoiler:

But she is special I read this tumblr post where they are discussing whether Danny will be saved or not since he's dead and trapped, and they made a parallell to how River is also dead and trapped:

River’s body was completely destroyed. She’s in a matrix of her own that is actually meant to simulate heaven, Danny’s isn’t. And we saw how impossible River is, she creates her own reality and goes out to have brunch with her friends. So she’s hardly trapped.
      sigpic
      My Site || My Blog

Comment

Dark Water

Spoiler:

Well I was disappointed about the kiss.

But while looking through my screencaps I saw something that I didn't see on watching the episode.

The Doctor has special places where he keeps the TARDIS key. One of them was inside his copy of The Time Traveller's Wife.

In The Name of the Doctor

"I died saving him. In return, he saved me to a database in the biggest library in the universe. Left me like a book on a shelf."

Oh Doctor.

I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT!!!!!!!!!!

*runs around screaming*

Thanks, Blen!

One part humorous, one part tragically sad...

Originally posted by misskitten View Post
        Dark Water
        Spoiler:

But she is special I read this tumblr post where they are discussing whether Danny will be saved or not since he's dead and trapped, and they made a parallell to how River is also dead and trapped:

I love that thought!

Spoilers for Dark Water (just in case):
        Spoiler:
        I'm seeing a lot of Clara hate out there, but I don't feel that way about her. I hope that Danny can be saved and she can be with him again. I wonder if part of the continuing plot will involve extracting him from that Timelord orb-thing and downloading him into the Library???

The kiss was hilarious because we all know how horrified he is by touching/hugging, so...I'm surprised he didn't have an aneurysm on the spot. LOL
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Thank you.

And yes, that would work,

Spoiler:

downloading Danny to the Library. Yes..... that would work very nicely.

Surely it can't be a coincidence that the Matrix and the Library are so similar? Hopefully they are so similar that if Danny can't be restored, he can go to the Library.

Comment

Dark Water

Spoiler:

Comment

LOVE IT! She would TOTALLY do that
              sigpic
              My Site || My Blog

Comment

Alex could do with your votes!

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglopheni...und-3/match-2/

Comment

Especially the upcoming round when we're probably up against Catriona. The Outlander fans have really mobilized.
                  sigpic
                  My Site || My Blog

Comment

The stockings were hung on the TARDIS with care...

yep. that's at my house.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

That's lovely!! I'm envious!

I have a TARDIS bauble on my tree. I'm after a red dalek bauble, but they seem to have sold out here in the UK.

Comment

Ohhh!! This is lovely!!

(Made by somebody on Tumblr.)

http://blencathra.tumblr.com/post/105860876736

Comment

Sharing my Christmas tree this year

http://imgur.com/JXEfAob,oc2qpkX
                          sigpic
                          My Site || My Blog

Comment

Ohhh!! This is lovely!!

(Made by somebody on Tumblr.)

http://blencathra.tumblr.com/post/105860876736
                            Oooo...very nice!

Originally posted by misskitten View Post
                            Sharing my Christmas tree this year

http://imgur.com/JXEfAob,oc2qpkX

Cool!
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Ok, here I am working on on a fic- when I have time - and I can't find the short where they're caught in the the rain. Anyone have it handy handy?
                              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                                Ok, here I am working on on a fic- when I have time - and I can't find the short where they're caught in the the rain. Anyone have it handy handy?
                                http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16...rain-gods_tech
                                sigpic
                                My Site || My Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X