Window of Opportunity (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anja View Post
    But remember the line in Birthright about him willing to help people out - that's a bit along that imaginary line!
    I'm sorry, you're gonna have to remind me cause I seem to have no clue what you mean.
    I haven't watched that episode (can't even remember what season) in a while.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I'm sorry, you're gonna have to remind me cause I seem to have no clue what you mean.
      I haven't watched that episode (can't even remember what season) in a while.
      Season 7. SG1 follows the Hak'tyl on their planet because they said they needed their help. On the way to the settlement they talk about the Amazones and that they had captured men to use them for getting pregnant. Someone asks if that could be the reason and then O'Neill answers with: You know me - all willing to help people out. Carter reacts with: God - or something like that.
      Helpful?
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

Season 7. SG1 follows the Hak'tyl on their planet because they said they needed their help. On the way to the settlement they talk about the Amazones and that they had captured men to use them for getting pregnant. Someone asks if that could be the reason and then O'Neill answers with: You know me - all willing to help people out. Carter reacts with: God - or something like that.
        Helpful?
        Oh... now I remember. Thx.

In my opinion, he meant that in jest. As a joke.

Comment

In A Hundred Days he didn't seem to have much concern for a woman he had obviously had sex with over a period of months and may even have made pregnant. He left her with a promise to return that he never kept.
          he even went back to her planet for another reason in Shades of Grey, but didn't bother with her.
          The inconsistency in all their characters has always seemed a major weakness in the writing.
          As for WOO, presumably Sam would have been up for it at the time even though he had already made clear only he and Teal'c would remember anything.
          AT said at one con that if the situation had been reversed, Sam would have grabbed him.
          "Oh JAAaack!"
          Last edited by Somniac; 11 December 2015, 05:22 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

And how much of AT's response would genuinly be Carter and not just something to turn the fan's crazy.

I mean, I remember Jewel stating Kaylee and Inara had a thing, and as the room erupted with cheers she backpedalled.

Comment

Originally posted by Somniac View Post
              In A Hundred Days he didn't seem to have much concern for a woman he had obviously had sex with over a period of months and may even have made pregnant. He left her with a promise to return that he never kept.
              he even went back to her planet for another reason in Shades of Grey, but didn't bother with her.
              Laira wanted to have sex with Jack pretty much the whole time he was on Edora. He didn't give in until the last day he was there, when he got drunk and probably felt that he was going to be stuck there forever, so he gave in and had sex with her. The next day he was rescued. There was never any indication that he had been having sex with her "over a period of months". And he did like her, but it's very doubtful he was in love with her. And just one night together didn't mean she was pregnant (even though she could have been).

And in "Shades of Grey" he did go back to Edora, but he was on a covert mission to discover who at the SGC was a traitor, and it wouldn't have been appropriate for him to go see her.

Comment

I think there's a pretty good hint that she is at the end when there is a shot of her moving her hands down to her belly. As always in SG1 it is not clearly stated. I think she wishes she was.normal_sg1_317_768.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  And how much of AT's response would genuinly be Carter and not just something to turn the fan's crazy.

I mean, I remember Jewel stating Kaylee and Inara had a thing, and as the room erupted with cheers she backpedalled.
                  Yes this is so true. So much is in response to fans.

Comment

I think there's a pretty good hint that she is at the end when there is a shot of her moving her hands down to her belly. As always in SG1 it is not clearly stated. I think she wishes she was.[ATTACH=CONFIG]41273[/ATTACH]
                    I take that image to mean she hoped she was pregnant, not that she was.

Comment

I'm with hedwig on both Laira points.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        I take that image to mean she hoped she was pregnant, not that she was.
                        Yes I would go along with that. I think there is room for both interpretations.
                        As Anya said, there is room for everyones imagination.
                        I still think Jack is not a strictly moral person. There are lots of examples where he falls down. (The Other Side comes immediately to mind) He would be a pretty boring character if he didn't.

Comment

Jack is a rebel, but for the MOST part he is a well intentioned rebel... and just because we never heard about it, doesn't mean he didn't go back to places he promised to go back to...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                          "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                          a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
                            Jack is a rebel, but for the MOST part he is a well intentioned rebel... and just because we never heard about it, doesn't mean he didn't go back to places he promised to go back to...
                            That's true but it is a TV programme and if the audience doesn't see it, to all intents and purposes, it hasn't happened.

Comment

That's true but it is a TV programme and if the audience doesn't see it, to all intents and purposes, it hasn't happened.
                              Good TV always leaves room to each single viewer to 'think on' - so to each his/her own!
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Good TV always leaves room to each single viewer to 'think on' - so to each his/her own!
                                Absolutely.

Comment

Working...
                                X