Legacy (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
    apart from the fact that they were very fast to stick Daniel in that (far far too big) padded cell not a bad ep.
    Didn't like all the negativity from Dr Werner though - they make Janet into this brilliant doctor and nobody else can do anything which irritates.

But - nice ep. Some good acting, especially from Michael Shanks.
    I love the fact that Janet gets the answer even though she's going crazy and Warner's all "no you can't do that" but it works anyway. Makes me love her even more!
    sigpic

Comment

How many times has Daniel been in the infirmary so far?

Warner is just a tad annoying in this one. Janet, Jack, and Sam are trapped in that room, Janet is struggling to speak and to help Sam, and Warner still keeps (almost condescendingly) dismissing what she's saying even though he has no idea what to do. I'm glad Sam listens to her and proves that Janet had the solution all along.

Also... those slugs dripping out of their ears make me shiver. Why, oh, why do they have to keep poking them once they're dead? ;p

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Let's start with a random fun fact: when they are in the Linvris room at the very beginning right before the opening credits (which I have to say start to annoy me as much as the mask did, and dare I say I may just prefer the Ra-mask over these now ) someone, I think Carter, shines their light on one of the dead guys... and he blinks. His eyelids move.
      I remember one of the dead bodies on Hanka moving as SG-1 passed by. Freaked me out a bit.

Originally posted by kirsten187 View Post
      I love the fact that Janet gets the answer even though she's going crazy and Warner's all "no you can't do that" but it works anyway. Makes me love her even more!
      Exactly.
      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

To be honest, i don't know how many times danny has been in the infirmary. Though i would think it has not been as many as jack.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          To be honest, i don't know how many times danny has been in the infirmary. Though i would think it has not been as many as jack.
          I should have started keeping track when I began my re-watch.

...No, really, I'm grabbing a notepad now. Otherwise it's going to bug me.
          rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Hopefully you are not TOO far into the re-watch that you can't restart it!

Comment

Warner annoys me too in this episode.....Janet knows what she's talking about
              sigpic

Comment

I hate the way that this show often dumbs down a recurring character to make the plot work. They do it all the time. At least Warner's there--in later seasons Janet must work 24/7 because you don't see any other doctors.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Janet's awesome though so when she shows up you know you won't be disappointed.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                  "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                  a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                    I hate the way that this show often dumbs down a recurring character to make the plot work. They do it all the time. At least Warner's there--in later seasons Janet must work 24/7 because you don't see any other doctors.

Seaboe
                    Lol yeah. It's like every medical drama that has the most brilliant doctors doing every single job because apparently no one else qualifies or exists. Stargate gets some very basic medical procedures wrong, so I'm not surprised they put Janet in there for everything.

But then I am always happy to see my favorite character, so..

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
                    Janet's awesome though so when she shows up you know you won't be disappointed.
                    Heck yes!
                    rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Nice ep, creepy but nice. Michael Shanks is very convincing - as great as in Lifeboat.
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Great ep for Daniel Jackson.
                        sigpic

Comment

Overall I think this is a strong character episode for MS. He does fantastic, but one of the major complaints I always have watching this ep is how quick all the doctors are to write him off as schizophrenic. That's not really how it goes right? Cause that seems like a quick conclusion after one psychotic episode... :/
                          sigpic
                          [call me loser.]

Comment

There is more in Stargate that isn't real - would have been boring to watch Jackson being examined again and again for many eps! It's exciting and well played, that's what counts.
                            IMO
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

Since 2013 this episode has lost some of its appeal to me. I used to love it but now that I have a parent who has regular auditory and visual hallucinations (which break my heart every time cause there's nothing we can do about it -- side effect of Parkinson's Disease medication) I don't find it as likeable as I used to. It simply hits too close to home.

However, I will still say that Michael Shanks did an amazing job. I still like the idea Machello created to fight the Goa'uld and how he chose to distribute it. To learn of the Linvris, a minor league of System Lords, and to see Janet, while impaired by the little buggers, still able to come through with an idea to save all their asses.

What I'm still slightly annoyed by, however, is Richard Dean Anderson. When they're in the isolation chamber, infected as all hell, there's a wideshot of all three of them. Carter goes to check on O'Neill and Fraiser, and when the camera turns back with Rick in the background he seems to realise "Oh wait, we're still filming, I'm still supposed to look like I'm succumbing to the effects of the little buggers". For me, that moment felt a little jarring. Either intentional or unintentional, I didn't feel like Rick's acting was all in.

How would you rate SG-1's "Legacy?"

Excellent
                              Good
                              Fair
                              Poor
                              Terrible

Despite being uncomfortabel on the subject of mental illness, i'm still giving it an "Excellent" cause the story and acting certainly deserve that.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Like FH, I too have family members who have diseases with hallucinations. Honestly the comparasion didn't register with me until FH mentioned it. Mental illness episodes seem to go together with science fiction. Honestly I was more interested with the mechanical bugs than Shanks acting insane. I always wanted to see more of Machello's inventions and a little disappointed he is never mentioned again. While I loved the solution, Carter must be the worst medic ever and we learn why Fraiser is CMO and not Warner It is a fair.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X