This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld Podcast Feedback!

This week GateWorld introduces a brand new weekly podcast, packed with news, site updates, interview previews, discussion, and more! Just look for the "GateWorld Podcast" link in the top-right corner of the Web site, or subscribe to the podcast at iTunes.

This thread is where you can share your feedback on the podcast in general, or the contents of specific episodes each week. If you have ideas for new features, want to ask a question or share a thought to be read on the air, or want to suggest other ways we might improve the show, please post here.

For iTunes subscribers, we'd also appreciate your review of the podcast in the iTunes store. Just visit the podcast page in iTunes and click the "Write a Review" link!

New episodes will be available every Tuesday (through at least September). Thanks!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

From a fellow Podcaster, I thought it was great! Especially, for the first episode. I immediatly subscribed as soon as I saw it in iTunes. Not too much critisism from me. Except maybe why did it take you guys so long to come out with one? I've been waiting and wondering when you guys were gonna dip your feet in the Podcast world.

Time wise, it's good start. The 38 minutes, give or take a few seconds, was a good amount of time. The discussions weren't too long, yet not short either. Although, for me, I could have listened to the two of you talk for another half an hour. I realize that the time will vary depending on how much news was been released.

So, good job boys on you PodCasting debut!!! I can't wait to listen for more!!!

Comment

I dont know if picardo was talking but right before someone said the intverviewe with him is coming I couldnt hear who was talking.
      sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed it, the sound effects broke up the podcast nicely, great touch. I was also impressed with the access and interviews you had with cast. However don't think Michaels human / wraith race are the finished article, isn't he trying to perfect them with Teyla's baby? Anyway, overall I found it great addition to the site, even though I've only just joined lol. Have you considered episode commentaries?

Comment

Thanks, jayjay ... and welcome!

That's a good point about the weakness of Michael's hybrids.
          Spoiler:
          Something about getting his hands on Teyla's baby helps him to take over the galaxy. I think that Old McKay's statement in "The Last Man" was that it basically allowed him to perfect the hybrids, so hopefully he'll manage to improve them in the future.

David and I have actually talked about doing fan episode commentaries for a couple of years now. If the podcast is a hit, maybe we'll sit down and give that a try one of these days.

Comment

Great podcast! The discussion was engaging and a good length.
            One small thing though. I vehemently avoid spoilers on even basic details of upcoming episodes. In this podcast, I accidentally heard something about
            Spoiler:
            Carson, Keller and a parasite
            before I managed to get the iPod out of my pocket and skip past the spoilers.
            So, ideally (for me), there would be no spoilers in the podcasts. After all, people who want to be spoiled most likely already are, through Gateworld. And for those of us who don't, it only takes one sentence to ruin an episode (melodramatic, I know).
            However, if you (understandably) plan on making discussion of upcoming episodes a regular feature, it would be much appreciated if you would give a longer spoiler warning (there were only 5 seconds between the mention of a 'preview' and the first spoiler - hardly enough time to fumble your way to the pause button) and continue to place it at the very end of the podcast, so we can end the podcast there, rather than having to skip past it, guessing where the spoilers end.
            Thanks guys, and keep up the good work.
            Godspeed, Don.

Comment

I listened to the premiere GateWorld Podcast recently and I felt that for the first installment, it was great. The main thing I liked about it was the fact that it didn't include spoilers. I thought it was nice that you left it up to the listener to decide whether or not to listen to the interviews and possibly hear spoilers. I enjoyed how you had it broken up and the sound effects were nice. I also enjoyed the fact that you talked about what was being discussed in the episode thread for "Search and Rescue". Many podcasts, as I'm sure you know, have different segments and I think it would be cool if you expanded (which I'm sure you plan on doing anyway). Here are some of my ideas:

1) "Guess the Episode" - Have a clip of audio or dialogue from a past SG1 or Atlantis episode, or even the movies, and then the listeners can guess by emailing or submitting their answer to the forum. Then, maybe you could give away some prizes.

2) "GateWorld Tips" - A segment that gives some advice about GateWorld.net that listeners and users may mot have known.

3) "Omnipedia Snippet" - Take a passage or entry from the Omnipedia and read it on the air. You may even be able to make a game out of it. You could read the passage, but not the title of the entry, and then have people guess which entry it is.

4) "Behind the Event Horizon" - You could have interviews with the behind-the-scenes crew of the shows and movies. It would be more about the process by which things are done rather than what is going to happen in episodes. I know I can't determine whether or not this is even logistically possible regarding getting the interviews, but I think it would be cool. I enjoy the behind-the-scenes stuff.

So those are just some ideas I had. I really enjoyed the podcast, especially the discussion about "Search and Rescue". I may even be cool if you take thoughts from the GateWorld users that they post in an "Episode Thoughts for Podcast" thread under the episode forum. That way if they don't want their voices heard, then they know if they post in that thread then it may be used.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next installment.

Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Thanks, both Thoth and Bob! These are very helpful comments, and good suggestions for some new ideas. We definitely want to try out some new segments in future episodes.

The spoilers issue has come up several times this past week, so we'll make a firm decision about the podcast's spoiler policy and talk about it in the next episode. It sounds (from those who have voiced an opinion so far) like the majority wants to podcast to be as spoiler-free as possible.

The main issue would be the little preview for next week's episode -- so if we keep it, we'll keep it at the very end and lengthen the spoiler warning.

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post

1)
                  "Guess the Episode" - Have a clip of audio or dialogue from a past SG1 or Atlantis episode, or even the movies, and then the listeners can guess by emailing or submitting their answer to the forum. Then, maybe you could give away some prizes.

2) "GateWorld Tips" - A segment that gives some advice about GateWorld.net that listeners and users may mot have known.
                  I have to say, though, that I got these two ideas from "Xbox Live's Major Nelson Radio" in which Major Nelson uses a sound clip from various games to have listeners guess what game it is and his co-host e also does Xbox 101, in which he gives tips about the Xbox 360 console. I just thought I should give credit where it is due.

Comment

I enjoyed it.

One little thing I feel I should point out is that not everyone lives in the US. I've already watched S&R so I wasn't bothered by it today, but in future I will wait for Sky One to catch up (if it's not ahead ) and I will pause it when you start the episode discussion and wait a few weeks to listen to the rest. However it would be good if I had a warning about anything not related to the episode/preview that comes after the preview so I don't have to wait weeks to hear it. Just a little "by the way if you skip to the end there's a..."

Oh and thanks for the shout out
                    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed the inaugural GW podcast.
                      The various news bits, commentary and interview snippets made for an interesting listen.
                      I thought the time in length was just fine and I really enjoyed the banter back and forth between both Darren and David
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Podcast #2
                        ROFLMAO..30% more dirty symbiote jokes
                        David already owned me on the show Fanatical when they filmed him so it was wonderful to hear Darren surprise him
                        I really enjoyed the truly balanced review of the Seed,

Surely..or should I say...Shirley ().you can find something in this Podcast you like

can you ever add or maybe have a highlight on the forum
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Episode #2 of the GateWorld Podcast was just as great as the first. It was actually better!

Tame, I also thought that the discussion on "The Seed" was great.

I liked how the podcast covered many topics and how the show was extended to almost an hour.

The interview clips were nice because they had no spoilers....and I'm glad you addressed the spoiler issue and are keeping the podcast spoiler-free.

The "Stump the Geek" segment was great fun as well!

And, of course, I liked the shout-outs to us here on the Feedback thread.

I'm looking forward to Episode #3!

Comment

Bob It was good and I definitely agree I think the variety and just the overall ease was even better this time and I know it will just get better with each one.

Definitely looking forward to the next one

Comment

I was also thinking that it would be cool if you could get some of the Stargate novel authors from Fandemonium on the show to talk about their books.

Comment

Working...
                              X