Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erm, I thought that it was that not enough people was watching the show, thus poor ratings, thus cancellation?.

But I welcome you all to correct me if I am wrong.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      Him blaming any group is along the line of the creators of Infinity blaming people for not liking what they create. The truth of the matter is that show producers' jobs are to create shows that PEOPLE want to watch. Shows that have a general appeal and viewership. They need to appeal to 'the masses'. and neither of those shows did.
      I am not sure about Infinity, but the Edsel disagrees. Anyways, my opinion is that SyFy became too marginalized a channel and I think it placed SGU into a bad timeslot, (for various reasons) effectively setting it up to fail. My other favourite reason is that at the time of not renewing SGU, SyFy's owners didn't own a piece of MGM anymore.
      Last edited by Mardus; 13 November 2011, 03:03 AM. Reason: Better wording/phrasing
      • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
      • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
      • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

Originally posted by Vashta_Nerada View Post
        Erm, I thought that it was that not enough people was watching the show, thus poor ratings, thus cancellation?.

You don't understand. The primary audience was old white males (i.e. conservative) so it is obviously their fault for not getting enough of their buddies to watch. You must put the thought that lack of females and youngsters had anything to do with the cancellation completely out of your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mardus View Post
          I am not sure about Infinity, but the Edsel disagrees. Anyways, my opinion is that SyFy became too marginalized a channel and I think it placed SGU into a bad timeslot, (for various reasons) effectively setting it up to fail. My other favourite reason is that at the time of not renewing SGU, SyFy's owners didn't own a piece of MGM anymore.
          SGU started (and nosedived) on Friday and they moved it in an attempt to avoid cancellation. Just what day should it have been on?

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
            SGU started (and nosedived) on Friday and they moved it in an attempt to avoid cancellation. Just what day should it have been on?
            If it had stayed on Friday it would have gained a new lead-in show with huge numbers. So Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              If it had stayed on Friday it would have gained a new lead-in show with huge numbers. So Friday.
              It never would have made it to the end of season 2 on Friday.

Comment

Yes it would have as SyFy had ordeed S2 before the nosedive
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Vashta_Nerada View Post

The idea being proposed is that not enough people were watching because of a very conservative audience.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Yes it would have as SyFy had ordeed S2 before the nosedive
                    That doesn't mean they'd waste prime time airtime for it. The could have finished it up some random Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      The idea being proposed is that not enough people were watching because of a very conservative audience.
                      That wouldn't be the fault of the viewers (reverse logic). The reason they were so old is they'd watch any stargate. The title should have been "Did Women and Kids Kill SGU".

Comment

That doesn't mean they'd waste prime time airtime for it. The could have finished it up some random Sunday.
                        Cable television doesn't usually do that. They don't have a lot of tv shows like primetime
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Why not? Sanctuary did OK on Fridays, and when it was put in SGU's timeslot it performed worse than SGU did.

Comment

Why not? Sanctuary did OK on Fridays, and when it was put in SGU's timeslot it performed worse than SGU did.
                            SGU is much more expensive and requires better ratings.

Comment

SGU is much more expensive and requires better ratings.
                              The season was already bought and paid for.

Comment

The season was already bought and paid for.
                                and your point is?

Comment

Working...
                                X