Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching BHUK on BBC America - no spoilers for the UK episodes please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching BHUK on BBC America - no spoilers for the UK episodes please.

Just what it says. For those of us watching season three of Being Human from the UK, but in the US on BBC America.

So no spoilers for what's aired in the UK already please.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

so here's where we are in the US on BHUK

Season three
    Lia -
    Mitchell goes into purgatory to rescue Anne. he faces his demons, the ghosts of the people he killed, not just in the past but on the train. He is told that its' not his time to die, that that has already been determined. And that a werewolf would kill him.
    George gets arrested and Nina barely gets him out in time. They find a place to hide and they both change, in the same room for the first time. Once they change back, they realize that - while they were wolves - they mated.
    We see, where they moved to, there are vamps and werewolves, and the vamps are rounding up the werewolves, using them for cage fights. They kidnap the father half of a father/son duo. The son, at least, has met Tully, because he is seen by George doing the chicken trick.
    Mitchell manages to bring Anne back to them.

Adams Family –
    Mitchell tries to get a job. An intermediary of the old vamps, Galvin, gets in contact with Mitchell, offering him passage to South America. His train antics have drawn too much attention and they want to get him out of town. Mitch says he’s 117 years old.
    In the hospital, Nina witnesses a young vampire feeding on a patient. It’s revealed that he’s feeding on his father, and his father has been his source of food, to the point that it’s killing him. Adam, the boy vampire is taken home with George and Nina. In an effort to find Adam a home, Mitchell takes him to some vampires and we find that some vamps, including Galvin and his wife, keep humans as ‘pets’, to be voluntarily fed upon until they die.
    After finding out that the two vampires are into S&M and are going to push Adam in a way that just isn’t pleasant, Nina and George remove him. Adam is sent on the ship instead of Mitchell.

Type 4 –
    Mitchell realizes that Anne fancies him and talks to George about it. Anne is out – since she doesn’t sleep she sometimes wanders the streets at night. She sees a girl being kicked out of a club and is shocked to see that the girl sees her. The girl follows her home and they realize that she’s dead, but her spirit is still in her body. Yes, a zombie.
    George finds out that Nina is pregnant and confronts her about it. She doesn’t want to keep it since she doesn’t even know what it is, human or werewolf?
    While investigating Sasha – the zombie – Mitchell and Anne discover sinister stuff going on in the morgue. Some sort of experiments on the ‘undead’ where they operate on them without anesthetic. (the anesthetic doesn’t work).
    Mitchell meets Graham, another vampire. Graham seems to be quite the fanboy.
    Nina reveals to George another reason to think of aborting the pregnancy. Her own mother abused her, told her that she was a mistake, she was unwanted. Nina is terrified that she’ll behave the same way.
    Graham starts to stalk Mitchell, threatening to tell Anne what Mitchell did on the train if Mitchell tries to make him go away. Anne is preoccupied helping Sasha live and look ‘normal’ (as normal as a rotting corpse can be). Sasha doesn’t want to accept that she’s dead. Nina and Anne take her out to a club. Graham sets out to impress Mitchell by replicating his train massacre. Mitchell finds out and stakes Graham to stop it.
    Mitchell confesses to Anne about the horrible things he’s done. Anne doesn’t care. Sasha, her body decomposing, eventually dies and goes through the door. Nina decides to keep the baby.

The Pack
    George and Nina search out the other werewolf that George saw. Mitchell and Anne make out. George and Nina ask McNair if he has any info about werewolf babies. McNair’s son, Tom, has a crush on Nina. It’s possible that, during the change, mating as well as aggression hormones flow. Tom sneaks into the house and leaves Nina a gift. He is found out by Mitchell and chased down and restrained. McNair hates vampires. He tells Mitchell that the vampires are still carrying on their ‘dog fights’ (cage fights with werewolves).
    Mitchell is freaking out about the prophecy, especially with all the werewolves around. Especially when he finds out that McNair hunts vampires. Mobile homes are exempt from the ‘must be invited’ rule.
    Mitchell lets Galvin – the one that tried to adopt Adam – know about McNair in an effort to get rid of him. Mitchell has no issue with Tom or George or Nina, but sees McNair as a threat. He warns Galvin that Tom, George and Nina are to be off limits.
    McNair keeps himself and Tom isolated and the others get suspicious. As it turns out, McNair killed Tom’s parents and took the boy as his own, after changing him into a werewolf.
    George finds out about Mitchell and Anne and doesn’t care. Anne, aware that she and Mitchell can’t have sex, suggests a surrogate thing which doesn’t work out when Mitchell vamps out. He tells Anne that he’s always used sex as a weapon and is fine if their relationship is free of it. Anne is his reason to stay clean and not vamp.
    Mitchell’s plan backfires when Nina, Tom and George are captured by the vampires. Mitchell enlists McNair to help him. In the fight, Mitchell saves McNair and the others kill several vampires before the vamps all flee, leaving Mitchell and Anne to take shelter in the cage while the werewolves pace outside. The werewolves are drawn with a primal instinct to kill vampires.
    McNair and Tom leave, even after Tom learns what McNair did to his parents. McNair warns Mitchell that his time is coming.
    The Longest Day
    Daddy Ghoul
    Though the Heavens Fall
    Wolf Shaped Bullet

so.....mitchell and anne, george and nina's baby/puppy (Will the gestation even be 9 months or shorter like a dog's?) and then Mitchell's impending death.

is it a real death? or maybe a cure for vampirism? maybe werewolves can devamp the vampires, that's why the vamps hate them. maybe drinking werewolf blood devamps you?

sigpic

Comment

you've got some great episodes coming.
      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

The Longest Today airs tonight.

sigpic

Comment

Without ruining anything, Season 3 is the worst season yet. The last two episodes did redeem it a bit but not a lot. An that all I am saying.

Comment

I watched about 10 minutes of the ep, and turned it off. Lost interest.
            no means no, and so does pepper spray
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

tonight's episode

In the psych ward, George sees Herrick. He calls Nina in a panic. They break him out but Nina has to say he's her Uncle Billy. They take him back to the house and Mitchell wants to kill him. Nina stops him just as a social worker shows up. They try to maintain Nina's story. Herrick doesn't remember who or what he is. Cara shows up and gets invited in. She is devoted to Herrick, but when he spurns her, she kills herself.
              Mitchell spurns Anne. Herrick realizes that most others can't see Anne. George can't put aside his anger at Herrick. But Herrick still persists that he can't remember. Mitchell says he needs to kill Herrick to protect Nina and George. Mitchell is convinced that Nina is the werewolf that'll kill him. George tries to stop Mitchell. George threatens to disown Mitchell if he kills Herrick. Herrick's true nature starts to come out. Herrick finds Graham's notebook. Mitchell and Anne make up. Herrick shows Nina the notebook. She's horrified and terrified and literally sick. Herrick was born in 1843, turned vamp in 1890. Survived a werewolf attack. Mitchell wants to know how Herrick came back.
              Nina turned Mitchell into the anonymous hotline.

sigpic

Comment

I do thikn they're struggling to keep a storyline going and are maybe getting too carried away with the supernatural aspects. like zombies?

but I still enjoy it

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  I do thikn they're struggling to keep a storyline going and are maybe getting too carried away with the supernatural aspects. like zombies?

but I still enjoy it
                  I think I'm enjoying your synopsis of the ep more than watching the ep.
                  Saves time too.
                  thanks for letting me know how it truned out
                  no means no, and so does pepper spray
                  Sig by The Carpenter
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

but I still enjoy it
                    You up to the Zombie ep already.

The best bit about the episode was the Zombie itself and some of the gross out scene, the toes neil made me feel ill.

The story was kind of rubbish through.

Comment

Last night we got 'the longest day'

so we have 3 more episodes to go

sigpic

Comment

so... the wolf shaped bullet

I know mitchell is convinced that it's going to be nina. But i'm not sure. she seems to be able to control herself even more than george can. but I do think...if mitch ever threatened Nina - even wolfed out - wolfy george would kill him in a heart beat

some have suggested that it could be their baby/puppy....but I don't know if i can see 7 more months pass in 3 episodes. Unless werewolf gestation is significantly shorter than human gestation.

mcnair could also come back

i do think that herrick remembers who and what he is, and that what he's doing is some giant revenge play.

sigpic

Comment

Just bringing this up in anticipation of tonight's finale airing.
                          If you've seen it in the UK, please, keep the spoilers out until after tonight
                          thanks

sigpic

Comment

so, mcnair is dead.
                            Nina is likely not in the shape to kill mitchell, but george....oh revenge for his mate being harmed could definitely push george to kill mitchell.

i'm torn on herrick's return. dude was dead - well dead for the second time - why couldn't he stay that way?

that said, he has introduced a marvelous bit of tension into the group. I think they've all been fooling themselves into playing happy families when they really can't. not with who and what they are.

sigpic

Comment

wow, so big changes

lia reveals to anne that the whole prophecy was just to mess with mitchell's head

herrick breaks mitchell out of jail and kills to cover it up
                              herrick locks george and mitchell in a cage to get them to fight, but htey won't. H tells george that he killed nina, which gets him beyond angry. despite herrick's best efforts, mitch and george won't fight, but mitch promises to go with herrick

it is a trick. mitch ends up staking herrick

anne comes back, nina gets released from the hospital (werewolves heal fast) and the three are at home. mitchell shows up outside, he wants them to kill him.
                              edgar wyndham shows up...he'd already shown up at the police HQ, firing htem all for not catching the box tunnel 20 killer (i had him and his others pegged as vamps as soon as i saw them)

wyndham does not want mitch dead. wyndham is an ancient one, 1000 years old. he wants mitch as his 'attack dog', and is holding george and nina hostage if mitch won't comply.

realizing that his friend is facing an eternity in slavery, george stakes mitchell, killing him and freeing him. he then stands down wyndham

---

you sometimes wonder if this is a series finale instead of season one. it does set up next season, the 'age of vampires', and you have to wonder how that'll play out.

in some ways, this felt kinda a let down. lots of exposition and not a lot of action. no explanation about the hospital sensing anything wrong with nina, she's almost a forgotten plot point for a lot of it (makes you wonder if hte actress is preggers and they wrote her light)

i'm thinking s4 will be a vampire civil war...the conquers (wyndham) vs the 'stay in the shadows' vamps

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X