This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDA talks about his appearance in season 9 in a recent interview

RDA gave recent interview in which he talked about season 9 and his appearance and also Sam and Jacks relationship towards the end of season 8.

Read more here
    http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate...on=show&ID=196

For translation into English
    http://www.freetranslation.com/
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Cheers for the info!

Comment

Thanks for the link Wass! The translation was a little hinky (unless RDA really thinks the seasons should be called "squadrons" ) but I gather he is just reiterating that he's basically done after S8. Perhaps 3-4 sppearances in S9 if they work things out.

I think that's the first confirmation we've had from RDA that he's actually discussing 3-4 appearances in S9.

I've been wondering if the "negotations" have actually consisted of...

MGM: "How about 6 episodes"
      RDA: "Nope, it's been a great ride, but I told you S8 was the last for me"
      MGM: "How about 5 episodes and free Krispy Kreme doughnuts?"
      RDA: "Really, guys I'm flattered but I think S9 will survive without me"
      MGM: "How about 5 episodes and free doughnuts and we'll send a plane to pick you up?"
      RDA: "Talk to the hand"
      MGM: "How about 3-4 episodes and doughnuts and a private plane and free Starbucks coffee for life and we'll shoot as many scenes as we can on the beach in Malibu?"
      RDA: "Hmm....did you say Starbucks?"

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
        RDA gave recent interview in which he talked about season 9 and his appearance and also Sam and Jacks relationship towards the end of season 8.

Read more here
        http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate...on=show&ID=196

For translation into English
        http://www.freetranslation.com/
        Thanks for the heads up, Wass.

Interesting web site there...surfs up!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

After reading that Stargate Project gives the source link as http://www.stargatesg1.be/site/news....oiler=on&id=83 which I think has the interview in English translated from it's original French source, but still, thanks Wass.

Comment

So, it looks like the 4 ep number that SG1 Solutions was putting out as under negotiation a while back was accurate after all.

Comment

Yes, the source comes from my site, thanks Whistler
              Gilles
              http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
              Ben Browder interview
              Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler
                After reading that Stargate Project gives the source link as http://www.stargatesg1.be/site/news....oiler=on&id=83 which I think has the interview in English translated from it's original French source, but still, thanks Wass.
                As a matter of fact it is, rough translation from a French interview (well... published in French at least!) done by me so if it doesn't sound like proper English... just remember I'm not a proper English girl!
                Last edited by UgzY; 08 January 2005, 01:43 PM.
                Good morning campers!

Comment

Pas mal ton site ! Hé ben, une fille qui aime stargate
                  Last edited by po134; 08 January 2005, 01:43 PM.
                  - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
                  - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
                  - The Nox

Comment

Originally posted by po134
                    Pas mal ton site ! Hé ben, une fille qui aime stargate
                    Well let speak in English to be respectful towards other members, but well I'm a French speaking girl enjoying Stargate... and frankly I don't think it's that rare!
                    Good morning campers!

Comment

is he high. he reckons S9 will survive without him. S8 isn't surviving without him. there's been 3 off world episodes, and the only good episodes so far is the one with him going off world.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                        I've been wondering if the "negotations" have actually consisted of...

MGM: "How about 3-4 episodes and doughnuts and a private plane and free Starbucks coffee for life and we'll shoot as many scenes as we can on the beach in Malibu?"
                        RDA: "Hmm....did you say Starbucks?"

I can actually 'hear' Jack saying that!
                        The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

That are the first news considering Stargate for a long time that make me feel a little bit happy .
                          In season 6 episodes which had Daniel in it (especially "Abyss" which is IMO the best Stargate episode ever) were not only good acted (from ALL actors) but well written too. So I will keep up hope that (if RDA really comes back for some episodes)season 9 will have some great episodes, too! (And "New Order" and "Good to be king" seem to be for many fans the favourite episodes from season 8 so far).

So I keep my fingers crossed that RDA will be back for some season 9 episodes! But to be honest I still doubt that it will really happen...
                          Last edited by Hathor999; 09 January 2005, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soulblade64
                            is he high. he reckons S9 will survive without him. S8 isn't surviving without him. there's been 3 off world episodes, and the only good episodes so far is the one with him going off world.

No, he's not high. I think it's good that he has faith in his equally talented co-stars. It's an opinion (one that I'm sure others agree with -but it still is and will only be an opinion) that the only good episode is the one where he went off world. Season 9 in your opinion may turn out to be bad. In my opinion it may turn out to be bad. But, there are a lot of other people who might hold different opinions and keep watching. And, there's a difference between having good episodes (which, again, people will differ on) and surviving. A lot of bad shows survive.

And, not everyone feels the same way about RDA. I and others didn't watch season 6, because we felt that Daniel was essential to the show. But, there were also people who *did* watch that season. I'm sure there are people who wouldn't watch if AT left. And, at the same time, there will be people who will watch. Same with CJ. So, yes, for some people RDA leaving will irefutably damage the show. Some of those people may not be able to watch the show anymore. But, I don't think anyone can say flat out the show won't survive, when you have people who will watch, even without RDA.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Happy to help guys, IMO RDA has really had enough and wants to retire so he can spend more time with family which he has been saying for along time. I’m sure his family keep telling him that you keep saying this is the last season and then you sign up for another season. One gets the feeling that he want’s to take a break from acting as whole and explore other things in.
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                              X