Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This

has been my desktop for most of the last 2+ years ever since 0xNatashax0 posted it here at GW. I've switched every once in awhile when I'd get moody but I always go back to it.

You can find it and some more really sweet ones at her LJ in this post. Her website only has a few so you're best off digging through her LJ. She also has LJ icons.

Jeepers! Am I fangurling her or what?
    Last edited by UhSir; 07 January 2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

I deliberately didn't let myself get invested in Sam/Jack as much as I could. Hence why, when I said yesterday, I saw the ship, enjoyed if for what it was but wasn't of a mind to want it resolved at all until, IMO, they went right ahead and did it in Threads.
      This is my first and only ship. Yeah there were other shows where I thought a couple was good together but it never crossed my mind outside of viewing that specific show. But Jack and Sam - that hit me like a ton of bricks the minute Sam walked in the door and Jack's reaction. It was that and everything else in this show: real time sci fi, politics, religion, ancient Egypt, a great and varied cast, etc. that made me a Stargate fanatic (just ask my family)

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      If I had one (very minor) gripe, it's that with things as they were in seasons 9 and 10, I think they could have been less ambigious about it. It would not have needed much; a phonecall, an enquiry from Daniel to Sam about how Jack was, whatever.
      For me that was a major gripe -they barely ever mentioned him, it was as if he no longer existed, nevermind admitted a relationship with Sam (his wife). I have seen more of him and heard his name bandied about more on SGU than the two seasons of SG-1 I refuse to acknowledge.
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
        This

has been on my desktop for most of the last 2+ years ever since 0xNatashax0 posted it here at GW. I've switched every once in awhile when I'd get moody but I always go back to it.

You can find it and some more really sweet ones at her LJ in this post. Her website only has a few so you're best off digging through her LJ. She also has LJ icons.

Jeepers! Am I fangurling her or what?

Surely I will do some digging Thanks
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
          It's hard coming back to work after holydays...
          Especially when it's so bloody freezing out there

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          Twilight, I have the S/J theme on my laptop (It's fairly short though) give me a few hours though until I make my way over to the laptop.

Edit- Wait...darn it...I have the love tone.

Oh and the sage of my dad semi being a shipper continues...

Yesterday we were in the car and I made some random comment about the forum/SJ and my dad goes...

dad: When are you guys going to realize there is no Sam and Jack as a couple?
          me: *screech* There is dad! There IS!!!
          dad:

*few minutes later a country song comes on my MP3 player we were listening to*

dad: ...you know...this would make a good Sam and Jack video....
          me: *face palm* and
          Fathers You know, he could be a closet shipper
          sigpic

Comment

Wallpapers and Headers by 0xNatashax0. (also available on LiveJournal)
            I love her work as well! It is amazing
            Although I'm using a different backgrounds atm...I work with W7 that automatically changes my background every 5 min...

Btw if anyone knows of any good 1920x1080 S/J wps let me know...that's the resolution on my desktop pc/laptop, but not many people make wps that size!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
              {{snipped}}
              For me that was a major gripe -they barely ever mentioned him, it was as if he no longer existed, nevermind admitted a relationship with Sam (his wife). I have seen more of him and heard his name bandied about more on SGU than the two seasons of SG-1 I refuse to acknowledge.
              Which two would that be?

Warning: Woman on a

I'm the same about it though. As far as I'm concerned, the show ended with Threads. I'm still not even impressed with Continuum. I've been to the shipper discussion thread and gone over it repeatedly but I just cannot accept this movie. I know I'm the only one who thinks this but I can't help it. Continuum is basically just a rehash of the same lame idea they called Moebius with all humor and levity removed. Even the little bits at the beginning and end aren't funny or cute to me.

Even though I don't "count" Moebius, sure it was fun (who doesn't like Geeky!Sam) and there's lots of good ole Jack but did it do anything for the show? Nada. Oh wait, they got the power gizmo thing, for the life of me I can't think of its name. Whoopie! In the early days of SG-1 they (TPTB) would have come up with a real scifi story way of getting it. Time travel and alternate reality is just plain lazy story-telling.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                I love her work as well! It is amazing
                Although I'm using a different backgrounds atm...I work with W7 that automatically changes my background every 5 min...

Btw if anyone knows of any good 1920x1080 S/J wps let me know...that's the resolution on my desktop pc/laptop, but not many people make wps that size!

HD GUTTER!!!
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                  Thank you very much
                  Sorry for being picky, but... anything for Vista OS?

http://www.crystalxp.net/galerie/en.id.5921-stargate-sg-1-theme-stargate-89-visual-styles.htm
                  sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

So...anything for XP? That totally makes me want Vista

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Even though I don't "count" Moebius, sure it was fun (who doesn't like Geeky!Sam) and there's lots of good ole Jack but did it do anything for the show? Nada. Oh wait, they got the power gizmo thing, for the life of me I can't think of its name. Whoopie! In the early days of SG-1 they (TPTB) would have come up with a real scifi story way of getting it. Time travel and alternate reality is just plain lazy story-telling.

I completely agree, and that's why I wasn't as excited as I could have been for the movie. After I heard that Jack died and Daniel lost his leg and all of those other big spoilers that I should have stayed away from, I figured that the only way to end the movie would be a timeline reset, otherwise they'd have a fan uprising on their hands.

But the way I figure it, what good is a movie where all of this great action happens, but at the end of the day, it has absolutely no effect on *our* characters at all. *Our* Sam (or at least the one at the end of Continuum) doesn't feel the pain of living without Jack. Unless you write a fic that takes place during the time they were in the alternate timeline, it basically doesn't exist. There's no permanant character development. For all intents and purposes, our SG-1 listened to singing Tok'ra for three hours and then went home.

*end rant*

It's a good movie. It really is. I just don't like that in the end it was all a big cheat.

*has hope for Stargate: Resolution Revolution*
                      Last edited by SamJackShipper93; 07 January 2010, 11:01 AM.
                      sigpic
                      The Return of King Arthur
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                        So...anything for XP? That totally makes me want Vista
                        Go to the preview page
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

So. Quiet.

*pokes thread to see if it's still alive*

I just felt the need to post this... certainly after what Twi just suggested at FB

She so hits him because of Jack Yay. Finally got some justice!

I remember when the episode came out and this was so fluffy because of the though of Jack behind it. Who hated Ba'al that much? Jack. Who hits him? Sam. They're so together!

*cough*
                          sigpic

Comment

So. Quiet.

I just felt the need to post this... certainly after what Twi just suggested at FB

I remember when the episode came out and this was so fluffy because of the though of Jack behind it. Who hated Ba'al that much? Jack. Who hits him? Sam. They're so together!

*cough*
                            Yeah.

Can't you just see her lying in bed with Jack telling him that she punched Baal.

I'm sure Jack was very proud and rewarded her well
                            sigpic
                            sig by Mada
                            As a matter of FIC

Comment

So. Quiet.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...0_punch_02.gif

*cough*
                              I love that punch SO AWESOME...

But I'm still going to write it. TRY AND STOP ME mwhahahahahahahahhahahahaahahahahaha...

:: cough cough ::

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                                I love that punch SO AWESOME...

But I'm still going to write it. TRY AND STOP ME mwhahahahahahahahhahahahaahahahahaha...

:: cough cough ::

Stop you from writing??????

NEVER!!!!!
                                sigpic
                                sig by Mada
                                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Working...
                                X