Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Definitely there is no particular 'type' of woman (or man for that matter) that endures abuse, either physical or mental. A person doesn't have to be 'weak' in order to find themselves in that situation and feel utterly helpless and unable to get out. Ask any woman what she would do if her husband/partner was violent towards her and she will no doubt say that he'd only have to do it once and that would be the end of the relationship. But in fact that almost never happens. You'd have to have actually experienced it to know or even try to understand how you would react, and often it's the women that their friends consider to be 'strong' that have the most difficulty in dealing with it.

Pete doesn't seem the type? Who does?

Sam is a strong person, a trained soldier, so she wouldn't 'put up with it'? Don't kid yourselves! It just doesn't work that way
    Originally posted by cess525 View Post

As for Pete I don't see him being abusive. Jonas yes, Pete no.
    I don't know about Pete, but I think Jonas could have been. I agree.

That said, it doesn't mean it couldn't happen to Sam and her strength as a person and a soldier doesn't mean she would be able to deal with it quickly and effectively. Combat is a thousand times different to abuse, kind of like firing a P90 on the enemy is different to murder? It's the emotion involved. I think if an author was to do it realistically, and keeping Sam In-Character, then it could be believeable. I would buy it happening to her with Jonas as well, even in canon. Not sure on Pete, really not. Canon-wise, definitely not.
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      Know what's awesome?

This is awesome:
      http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...ShipThread.jpg

What a sweet moment.

And now I've saved it for posterity...

EDIT: See, we're the thread at the End of the Universe... We finally broke Gateworld to our will
      So that's why I felt so lost this morning. I was looking in the other End of the Universe...

Ummm, yeah, just started reading the sixth book in the increasingly inaccurately named Hitchhiker's Trilogy.

Oh, and I saved a copy of that awesome pic, for posterity. Of course, now that it's out in cyberspace, it will never completely disappear. Oh, the joys of modern technology!
      Love and hot fudge,
      Bren Ren
      ~
      My stories!
      ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
        I hear you on that Rachel (and thanks for the edit note) - I don't think it should be taken lightly and I definitely don't want to. I write fanfic because I love the characters and I try to write where the *story* should go which means while I want to write an S/J fic, I wouldn't force it. It's just like when I write a story with depression - one of the most annoying things I read is when people have Sam and Jack go hang out together for a few days, have sex, and then she comes back all better (and hey MacKenzie is a quack!) - no, no, no, Jack would be a great support, but a night in bed (or several nights in bed) with him is not going to cure it... :: mutters ::

I feel a Hathor moment coming on here... "You will serve us nicely our beloved."

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          Know what's awesome?

This is awesome:
          What a sweet moment.

And now I've saved it for posterity...

EDIT: See, we're the thread at the End of the Universe... We finally broke Gateworld to our will
          First GW, then the world...mwahahahahaha...*cough cough*

I knowwwwwwwwwwwwwww I promised to have my SJ vid finished by Shipmas but I haven't had time to sit down and get cracking on it cause I was making sure my gran was okay. Helping her out and stuff but I'll try my hardest to get it finished in time, but no promises

I don't work well under pressure
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
            Twi's OT:
            Spoiler:
            Oh my friend, I'm so sorry. I, too, still get some PTSD flashbacks from active duty (Desert Storm) and know that nobody here who has never served will ever fully empathize. Understand, yes, empathize? Not really.

Take care of *you* too, this is a hard time for you as well. I'm thinking of you and your friend, and am so terribly sorry for your loss.

A young man in my unit killed himself while we were over, ironicially he was someone I'd known since childhood who was assigned with my team. As his CO I felt so...powerless...and angry with myself for not helping or recognizing that he needed help. Suicide is hardes on those of us left behind, for the truly troubled person is finally at peace. *You* email *us* if you need to talk too, yes?

What haven't I posted in a while...oh! New thread, doesn't matter!

Mala's excellent work:
            http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...candidMALA.jpg

The gif is good, but for some reason this cap is hotter:
            http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...raceKiss-1.jpg
            Tragic OT
            Spoiler:
            Thanks so much Pol (and to everyone who's expressed sympathy). I keep having to re-read the e-mail because it seems almost dreamlike and surreal. If I need to talk I will email - that's what I love about this thread - we're all so different and yet we have a lot of shared experiences.

What makes suicide so hard for me to hear about is because I kinda feel like people who deal with mental illness like me are fellow comrades and when they kill themselves I feel like I just watched a soldier fall on the battlefield... anyway that's going off into a more personal territory... but I'm glad I have someplace to connect.

I love those pics tooooo.

Comment

Secret Santa question:

Did it officially end? I wanted to upload my story but I wanted to make sure the person got it first...

Comment

Secret Santa question:

Did it officially end? I wanted to upload my story but I wanted to make sure the person got it first...
                Eve is sending them out tomorrow (Monday)

Comment

Secret Santa question:

Eve said on the artwork thread that hopefully they'll be sent out tomorrow. So maybe wait till then?

Edit- And Jumble was faster than me.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    Eve said on the artwork thread that hopefully they'll be sent out tomorrow. So maybe wait till then?

Edit- And Jumble was faster than me.
                    Yep, my reputation does say that

Comment

Wonderful. My story has all three pillars of shipperdom (yes, Amanda, even FLUFF... which I could handle only because the rest of the story was so painfully angsty)

Comment

Wonderful. My story has all three pillars of shipperdom (yes, Amanda, even FLUFF... which I could handle only because the rest of the story was so painfully angsty)
                        I knew I could count on you for angst *waits impatiently for fic to be uploaded*
                        sigpic

Comment

Heh. I was totally going to ask you if it had that. Though knowing how angsty you are I'd be nervous to read it...though I know under that angst exterior you like happy endings! And guess what happy endings are? Yup, you got it...fluff.

Drink in the fluff...may it become one with your soul.... *meditates*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Heh. I was totally going to ask you if it had that. Though knowing how angsty you are I'd be nervous to read it...though I know under that angst exterior you like happy endings! And guess what happy endings are? Yup, you got it...fluff.

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...006-1367xe.jpg
                            O.o o.O I give happy endings only after I know that I have thoroughly tortured you all. And you will be tortured with this fic.

And when it comes to fluff, I prefer to live in denial. I will NOT admit how awesome that pic is.

Comment

O.o o.O I give happy endings only after I know that I have thoroughly tortured you all. And you will be tortured with this fic.

And when it comes to fluff, I prefer to live in denial. I will NOT admit how awesome that pic is.
                              I'll take the torture as long as there is fluff in the end and there is gutter somewhere

I don't think anybody is capable of such denial!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...006-1367xe.jpg
                                *whacks Amanda with a cod fillet* Angst is good for the soul

*iz excited*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X