Will we see the asgard after Unending? Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will we see the asgard after Unending? Spoilers

Does anyone think the Asgard may reappear? The Pegasus galaxy is a big place and the Ancients went there. Who knows whether the Asgard went there as well or not. Besides, the Asgard had an ancient colony ship that crashed in the milky way, so there's more then a chance that another ancient colony ship could have crashed _and survived_ in Pegasus.

I would like to see the Asgard reappear some day, what about you lot?

ancient colony ship in MW? Are you talking about episode 522?

but I agree, it's possible there can be other asgard lost ships somewhere "out there" It would be nice to see some those little grey butts again
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

I'd love it if some of them were somehow still around. I hate thinking that they are really all gone.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i think they are stilll around maybe thats why all their ships wasnt given to the earth crew they were given to remaing asgard who refused to be blown up and went off to find a cure...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
          i think they are stilll around maybe thats why all their ships wasnt given to the earth crew they were given to remaing asgard who refused to be blown up and went off to find a cure...
          Didn't really sound like they had much time left. Anything is possible though.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

It's possible to bring the little grey dude's back in another colony ship or something. I think though what's important here is in what state are they brought back? Is this colony ship, or whatever, massive with 100'000s to millions of Asgard before the genetic modification became irreversible? Are they less advanced? Do we tell them what happened to the rest of there people? That we've got the tech? etc etc

Comment

In the end, if they bring them back, it has to be through a plausible way without demeaning their deaths. Mind you, the one reason why the Asgard were removed is perhaps because TPTB want Earth to stand on its own and not have such an advanced race at their beck and call whenever some nastie is after them.

Not sure but I think JM on his blog said that we might discover what happened to the Asgard ships; don't quote me on that though as its been a while. Might be me misremembering things he said. Not an Asgard but still, a plotline to consider.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I think it's very possible, I don't see an Asgard like Loki going along with this mass suicide. Now if he was imprisoned on the planet when the other asgard blew it up that surely counts as murder by the other asgard and I don't think they would do that. So I'm sure there are a few renegade asgard out there, that won't bring Thor back though .

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                  I think it's very possible, I don't see an Asgard like Loki going along with this mass suicide. Now if he was imprisoned on the planet when the other asgard blew it up that surely counts as murder by the other asgard and I don't think they would do that. So I'm sure there are a few renegade asgard out there, that won't bring Thor back though .
                  No, it won't bring back Thor. And he was definitely my favorite Asgard over the years. He and the others died honorably though IMO.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think so. There is always the possibility they'll bring them in for the movies. Especially Continum.

*hugs Thor!* I love that nekkid gray alien.
                    banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
                      I think so. There is always the possibility they'll bring them in for the movies. Especially Continum.

Good point, continuum holds a lot of possibility of seeing the little grey dudes again. We all love thor, I'm going to with hold on hugging little naked grey guys for now though .

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                        Good point, continuum holds a lot of possibility of seeing the little grey dudes again. We all love thor, I'm going to with hold on hugging little naked grey guys for now though .
                        Hey, I have to ask, since well this is a thread about the Asgard. Have any of you seen "Taken", the mini-series from Steven Spielberg (sp?)? Because omg! I swear it's the Asgard. Or at least some sort of relatives of Loki, because except for the funky silver iris they have and the telekinetic powers (though we've never had proof the the Asgard don't have them...), those Aliens were based on the Asgard.
                        banner by Stef

Comment

Actually, both the Asgard and the aliens in Taken are based on the drawings people have of the aliens that people believe are abducting people in Roswell.

Mind you, I could see the aliens in Taken to be an experiment from Loki in order to stabilize the degrading genome of the Asgard race... they look a lot more feral....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                            Actually, both the Asgard and the aliens in Taken are based on the drawings people have of the aliens that people believe are abducting people in Roswell.

Mind you, I could see the aliens in Taken to be an experiment from Loki in order to stabilize the degrading genome of the Asgard race... they look a lot more feral....
                            Well that makes sense, and I figured they was based on something like that, but I am so behind the idea they're an experiment from Loki, mischievous little guys.

"They look more feral..." - They are, aren't they? Still awesome.
                            banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post

There is definitely a reasonable chance that we'll see the Asgard in Continuum. With alternate timeline stories, anything is possible.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X