This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-1 start in sweden.

On Monday, Stargate SG-1 will start on Sweden's TV6 (20.00(local time).

Will they actually show anything beyond season 1, though? Their website lists it as episode 1 of 21...
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by saffecool View Post
      On Monday, Stargate SG-1 will start on Sweden's TV6 (20.00(local time).
      I'd love to see just a couple minutes of the team talking Swedish, or any foreign language. Too bad somebody can't assemble a 'best of foreign language' snippets (like 30 seconds from each country) just to see the difference, plop it up on YouTube, teensy excerpts...

Comment

or you could just get a dvd and switch the language options round.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          I'd love to see just a couple minutes of the team talking Swedish, or any foreign language. Too bad somebody can't assemble a 'best of foreign language' snippets (like 30 seconds from each country) just to see the difference, plop it up on YouTube, teensy excerpts...
          We don't dub things in Sweden. (For which I'm very thankful.)

I do hope they'll show more than the first season. But since they're affiliated with TV3, it might just be a 'rerun' of s1 as shown there many years ago. Maybe they had rights that lasted till now.

Though TV6 is showing some rather good/culty shows, so who knows, maybe we'll get it all.

Comment

Originally posted by kayen View Post

I do hope they'll show more than the first season. But since they're affiliated with TV3, it might just be a 'rerun' of s1 as shown there many years ago. Maybe they had rights that lasted till now.

Though TV6 is showing some rather good/culty shows, so who knows, maybe we'll get it all.
            Really? I still remember seeing BONANZA in Japanese. It was done on an Emmys show when they were worth watching (70s). It was hysterical.

Comment

Originally Posted by kayen View Post

Really? I still remember seeing BONANZA in Japanese. It was done on an Emmys show when they were worth watching (70s). It was hysterical.
              Really. This is actually a common misconception, as I always get surprised responses when I tell people we don't dub our shows. Scandinavian countries in general (I'm counting Finland too) usually just add subtitles. Something I am very grateful for.

Comment

Really? Missed that, thanks! Hmm... whats the point tho? They only bought the first 2 season anyway... and then cancelled it... which I will never forgive them for!

Or maybe they bought all seasons now that SG-1 has been cancelled

Originally posted by kayen View Post
                No.. thank god! I'd die if I had to watch the guys speak swedish i think a big part of acting is the actual actors voice... and the person who dubs it can never set him/herself into that situation and really play out the right emotions...

Comment

Originally posted by Ronja View Post
                  Really? Missed that, thanks! Hmm... whats the point tho? They only bought the first 2 season anyway... and then cancelled it... which I will never forgive them for!

Or maybe they bought all seasons now that SG-1 has been cancelled
                  From what I've heard is that TV6 has infact bought both shows and plan to show all seasons. It will air every monday-friday so a season will go by pretty fast aswell. However I can't be 100% sure about it, we'll just have to wait and see. I hope they will show the entire series, so more Swedish people can see the great shows.

I never understood why TV3 chose to cancel it. It was after all one of their highest rated shows, and was always top 3 for the day. Only movies and news had higher ratings. Oh well, hopefully we will get the entire show now...10 years too late though.

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post
                    From what I've heard is that TV6 has infact bought both shows and plan to show all seasons. It will air every monday-friday so a season will go by pretty fast aswell. However I can't be 100% sure about it, we'll just have to wait and see. I hope they will show the entire series, so more Swedish people can see the great shows.

I never understood why TV3 chose to cancel it. It was after all one of their highest rated shows, and was always top 3 for the day. Only movies and news had higher ratings. Oh well, hopefully we will get the entire show now...10 years too late though.
                    Thats great! Shame they aren't showing it on TV3 tho, would get more viewers... I think I'll mail tv3 about that

And no me neither... altho I think it's a sci fi thing... swedish tv channels does NOT like sci fi shows for some reason! They haven't even started to air Heroes yet...

And yeah 10 years too late indeed

Just saw COTG.... felt weird... but still fun to see it on normal tv for once!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronja View Post

And no me neither... altho I think it's a sci fi thing... swedish tv channels does NOT like sci fi shows for some reason! They haven't even started to air Heroes yet...

Does Swedish TV love bad American TV shows? I lived in Norway for a while and it seemed like Ricky Lake and Walker Texas Ranger were always on.

Comment

Nice, the SG1 premiere came in as 3rd show in the ratings on monday on TV6. Too bad it's not on 2-3 hours later though, think it would be able to pick up more viewers on those hours.

Oh and Atlantis will start March 2nd, in a SciFi friday line-up. Not sure how it will work, might be confusing to people that will watch both shows and haven't seen them before, cause SG1 will only have made it to S2 at most by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                          Does Swedish TV love bad American TV shows? I lived in Norway for a while and it seemed like Ricky Lake and Walker Texas Ranger were always on.
                          All too true. Most of the stuff they show here in Norway is total crap.
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                            All too true. Most of the stuff they show here in Norway is total crap.
                            I really have no idea where they find some of that stuff, there were Sitcoms being played over there that I have never seen or heard of in the US. I suppose they were pretty cheap to get for syndication though.

Comment

3th march will they start view Stargate Atlantis, maybe when they start to show season 8?
                              Last edited by saffecool; 07 February 2007, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X