This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There should be a Stargate Network

There should be a channel, call it The Stargate Channel. What do you think?
    sigpic
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Originally posted by Elitenova
    There should be a channel, call it The Stargate Channel. What do you think?
    I wouldn't buy the stock.

Comment

Screw, stock. But I would pay to have the eps aired continuously.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Two shows....who would plan to run a network......with just two shows. Thats going to get old REALLY fast.

Or you could always throw in the crappy cartoon spin off. Three shows now.
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
          Two shows....who would plan to run a network......with just two shows. Thats going to get old REALLY fast.

Or you could always throw in the crappy cartoon spin off. Three shows now.
          You could throw in the movie here and there.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
            You could throw in the movie here and there.
            Now were onto something here.

No, I would actually prefer another Sci-Fi network. One that actually shows good Sci-Fi shows and not crappy B-Movies or Wrestling.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
              Now were onto something here.

No, I would actually prefer another Sci-Fi network. One that actually shows good Sci-Fi shows and not crappy B-Movies or Wrestling.
              True, if they invested more money in the Stargates and less in their crappy scifi movies that suck ass 100% of the time, then the series' would be getting higher ratings. And yes, we are onto something. What else could we possibly add into the lineup? Although, I have to admit, Taken was a pretty good miniseries. But that deviates from the Stargate 100% of the time thing.

Best Stargate quote:
              Green is your friend.

Comment

I agree that there should be a Sci-Fi channel [when the current one changes its name] It should air Stargate and Star Trek as its flagship shows and include Doctor Who, Battlestar Gallactica, Farscape reruns, Andromeda reruns, Earth: Final Conflict reruns.
                //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Okay, I have an idea. Or several ideas. We could include things like audio commentary, special things. What I mean by this is things like the Wraithal Discrimination special on the Atlantis disks. Other things we could do is have TPTB send deleted scenes, actor interviews, set tours, behind the scenes footage, and all the other stuff we love about stargate. I forget what else there is, but there is a load of more stuff we could use. The commercials could be shorter, but we'd need them to get airtime. Getting companies to air some commercials would not be a problem, my dad is VP of JP Morgan Chase Home Equity.

EDIT: I may be able to get him to run his companies commercials so the channel can stay alive if this thing is to happen.
                  Last edited by freyr's mother; 25 September 2006, 08:32 AM.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl
                    I agree that there should be a Sci-Fi channel [when the current one changes its name] It should air Stargate and Star Trek as its flagship shows and include Doctor Who, Battlestar Gallactica, Farscape reruns, Andromeda reruns, Earth: Final Conflict reruns.
                    They aren't changing they're name. That was a hoax.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

it would be much better to have a low subscription MGM or vancouver studios channel - where they show SG1 and Atlantis (established shows) with start up shows - so MGM dont have to pay other channels to test the new shows

Comment

Originally posted by ljsevern
                        it would be much better to have a low subscription MGM or vancouver studios channel - where they show SG1 and Atlantis (established shows) with start up shows - so MGM dont have to pay other channels to test the new shows
                        Can you bottom line that for me?

Best Stargate quote:
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

This could actually work (although it's highly unlikely it'll happen and it's risky). MGM could just say "Let's screw Sci-Fi over!" and start a new sci-fi-based channel and show actual sci-fi shows.

Obviously, the Stargate shows would be big names and once Sci-Fi contract with Atlantis up (and they can no longer block the show from airing on other networks), they could take the show to the new channel.

Just to screw with Sci-Fi.

Comment

Or you could always throw in the crappy cartoon spin off. Three shows now
                            Not necessarily, I have Sky & subscribe to Celtic TV (My fave football/soccer team) every month. However they don't actaully show live matches. They do show most of the pre-season games in July/Aug, but when the actual competitive stuff starts there are no live matches. To get that I am forced subscribe to another channel which costs £99 (around $160 per year).

So for the actual monthly channel, it shows past matches, match highlights, reserve games + behind the scenes interviews etc. Nothning really worthwhile in it to be honest but there are tons of people like myself who do it because it's our team.

So realistically they could get away with it. Especially for the hardcore Gaters that want to get exclusive cast interviews, behind the scenes specials, competitions, maybe even weekly live phone in's with some of the cast/writers. Like they used to do here on GW etc only over the phone live on air.

Then obviously all the new eps get shown live, then when it's all up & running they could slowly add more spin-offs. Even straight to screen movies like Sci-Fi originals that show exploits of other SG teams around the galaxy.

It could be done but I don't think they'd take the risk. Incidentally, does anyone actually have a rough idea of how much it would cost to start up a channel like Sci-Fi? I've always been curious to know & have never managed to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl
                              That's what I'm talking about. Screw NBC Universal. Also they should pick up Farscape where they left off from the mini series.
                              sigpic
                              The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Working...
                              X