This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 minutes video of Momento Mori

Watch it here A 2 minute video before it airs at the Scifi channel.
    Be aware of the spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-nUAw_xhKo

Enjoy !
    Lord Zedd

Originally posted by _Anubis
    Watch it here A 2 minute video before it airs at the Scifi channel.
    Be aware of the spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-nUAw_xhKo

Enjoy !
    Thanks!

Comment

Boy, they just want the shipper threads going on all cylinders, don't they?

Comment

Ewww someone get me a bucket will ya?
        I am soooooooooooo fracking sick and tired of fragging writers ramming implied romances down our throats and trying to appeal to the shippers out there. There's nothing wrong with being a shipper and thats all well and good but gimme me a break!!! If the writers couldn't get Jack and Sam together after, what was it? 8 seasons???
        Well time to try something new in the NON romance department. Enough already.. sheesh.
        Thanks for the post and the preview
        Sorry just blowing off steam

Comment

I'm anti-ship so I know where you're coming from.

That said, I only see Vala hinting at the romance angle. Daniel was -definitely- not interested and see her as a friend and colleague. He said as much and looked extremely uncomfortable when she mentioned it was a 'date' and the things people 'do' on dates. He was quite quick in cutting her off when she described her understanding of dates.

But then, shippers will see what they see and anti-shippers will see what we see and slashers will see what they see.. etc etc etc.

We actually had a pretty good discussion on perceptions in the fanfic thread

Comment

OOOOh Daniel and Vala are gunna do it!

Comment

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T
              OOOOh Daniel and Vala are gunna do it!
              Boy how old are you? Besides they had allready done it. And Vala was disappointed.
              Lord Zedd

Comment

I am so definitely NOT a V/D (dear god the connotations of that little abbreviation) shipper, but I found that rather cute, I have to say.

Like the previous poster though, I think it's more set up to scotch any idea of a V/D ship than otherwise. Daniel makes it clear he's not romantically interested in Vala and Vala seems to understand that she's misunderstood his intentions, once he explains.

I thought the whole reason why Daniel took her to dinner was rather sweet.

I might even watch this one. Although, I suspect that shortly after this, we'll get back to the Cam Mitchell Hour/Vala Mal Doran Show/Zero Team Hour and my interest will abruptly wane again. But, hey, I'll give it a go.

Albion
                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Great vid can't wait!
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

lol there could be a Daniel/Adria romance. lol. since in the last ep. adria told vala her hubby was still alive. that would cut vala away from daniel. and then there is also daniel having a "strong mind" as she said in the ep, which someone like adria could possibly like? then of course near the end of the ep adria said they would be keeping him alive. but didnt care about everyone else on the ship dieing. and transforming daniel into a prior would mean he would be around her more often and away from vala

Comment

I must say I am really looking forward to this episode this is going to be a great episode. I really like the Trust episodes and I think this will be great.

Comment

I know some viewers have a problem with romances on SG-1, but the one character I can accept in a genuine romance would be Daniel. For one thing, Daniel has not HAD a romance since Share's death almost ten years ago. That is a frickin long time, people. Unless someone can refresh my memory, I don't recall a single genuine romantic moment for Daniel, and before anyone posts to the contrary, lets go through the list of "romantic" encounters by Daniel after Share:

The princess: She's the one who drugged him and got him addicted to the sarcophagus

Hathor: Drugged and raped him (sorry that's what happened)

Sarah: Pyscho Gould who tried to turn his brain into mush on several occasions. She's probably spending a lot of time in a sanitarium right now.

Kira: My personal favorite - (hand quotes) "The Destroyer of Worlds"

All the other members of SG-1 have had genuine romances:

Jack - was with that woman who may, in fact, have already given birth to his child; and the CIA woman he was sleeping with; and of course Sam.

Sam - She was engaged to Pete for almost a full season (and she was almost involved with Orlin)

Teal'c - Was involved with that blond warrior, and he also got involved with that girl when he moved into his new apartment.

Daniel? Nothing. Zip. Nada. Zilch. I like Daniel with Vala because she really isn't a member of SG-1 the way Sam, Teal'c, Jack, and Daniel are. She is a brand new character who established an attraction to Daniel the very first time she saw him. Heck, the only reason she took him in the first place was because he was attractive.

I think as outgoing and personable as Daniel is when he meets people, he also is closed off emotionally from allowing people to get too close. If you look at his character, Daniel witnessed the deaths of his parents as a little boy, his grandfather didn't want him, he ended up in foster care, he was ridiculed by his peers for his work, and then when he finally did fall in love, she was taken from him and died. I don't know how all of that wouldn't affect him. Daniel definitely has walls up, and the thing I like about Vala is that she doesn't let the "wall" stop her. For her, it's not even there. Daniel is not use to that type of a personality, but I think it's good for him. I also think Daniel is very good for Vala. I don't think she's met a truly honest, sincere person in her life, and let's face it, you don't get any more sincerely honest than Daniel Jackson.

In a nutshell: I have no problem with Daniel finally finding a woman to get involved with, and after ten years of essential celibacy, the man deserves a little happiness. I hope that the Daniel/Vala romance happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxum
                          In a nutshell: I have no problem with Daniel finally finding a woman to get involved with, and after ten years of essential celibacy, the man deserves a little happiness. I hope that the Daniel/Vala romance happens.
                          So do I. It will be nice to see Daniel finaly find someone.

Comment

I'm very sorry you all but I think a Daniel / Vala releationship is just WAAAY out of place. It's not very believable at all. It reeks.

I'd believe more in Daniel falling in love with an hooker than I would him falling in love with Vala. If this is the direction the writers really want to go in, then I'm happy it's getting cancelled.

Comment

I don't think it's way out of place. I think it's wayyyyy overdue.

Comment

Working...
                              X