Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GateWorld Forum Software Upgrade! (Questions & Requests)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canadianfolk View Post
    Are they different somehow? Do I need to resubscribe to each one?
    I didn't have to re-subscribe to already existing subscriptions. Maybe they've been dormant too long.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Some of them maybe, but for sure some have new posts every day, so I don't think it's that.
      I didn't post in the new one I subscribed to, or any of the others, but the new one showed, so don't think it's that.

Comment

Originally posted by canadianfolk View Post
        Some of them maybe, but for sure some have new posts every day, so I don't think it's that.
        I didn't post in the new one I subscribed to, or any of the others, but the new one showed, so don't think it's that.
        Mmm... *is stumped* ...

Comment

Just a question... I haven't been logged in ... in a lonnnnnnnnnng while, so with the new forum changes means old info in our profiles (messages, PMs, etc.) are completely wiped out?

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
            Just a question... I haven't been logged in ... in a lonnnnnnnnnng while, so with the new forum changes means old info in our profiles (messages, PMs, etc.) are completely wiped out?
            There has been an issue of messages gone missing for myself and other users...for other things I can personally not say anything of the info I provided is missing

Comment

Previously, I wrote: (on May 15, 2021, at 10:44 AM)
              "Just a question... I haven't been logged in ... in a lonnnnnnnnnng while, so with the new forum changes means old info in our profiles (messages, PMs, etc.) are completely wiped out?"

Originally posted by DarkenLycht View Post

There has been an issue of messages gone missing for myself and other users...for other things I can personally not say anything of the info I provided is missing
              Thank you. I found my missing Inbox, etc. Just didn't dig far enough into the "message center". I took a quick looksee, and looks like its all there... just as I left it.

Comment

I have a question about post counts. I've been posting in the Stargate Fandom section but my posts aren't counting. It's not in the off topic section of the Commissary.

Comment

Hi there!
                  We've noticed the forum count lags then plays catch up.

Right now,the forum is showing your post count as 6206.Has the tally updated correctly since you posted in here?

Not sure if the OT Chat posts count or not lately.I'll ask Darren to check it all out again.

Edit: My own latest post should show as 27049,but displays as 27048.

The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Still showing 6203 even after I disable adblocker

Comment

Adblockers don't affect our post counts.

Oddly,if I look at our post count whilst logged out of the forum I see yours as 6203.Others' posts/thread page counts are off as well.

ScifigirlSG.Current post count..JPG

That's what I see ^ while in the thread and logged in.Hopefully Darren and Greg will be able to sort this out.

In the meantime,try CTRL + F5 and if that doesn't show you the correct number of posts,clear your cache,cookies and browser.

Comment

I haven't been on in quite awhile. Hello everyone.

Anyway, for some reason, the page keeps refreshing and reloading on its own and it's making it difficult to read anything or click on anything because the page keeps moving. I don't know if this is related to the up-grade or just something unrelated on my end, but it's really annoying me and quite difficult to do anything. I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. But apologies if this is not.
                        sigpic
                        He’s the moon when I’m lost in darkness, and warmth when I shiver in cold

Comment

Welcome back!

That sounds like an akward issue. Unfortunately the first time too... It might be something on your end, but perhaps the mods will know more.

Comment

Ok, no worries. Oddly though, it doesn't seem to do it when I'm logged out. It's fine, but then as soon as I login, boom. It's going hinky.

ETA: Fingers crossed, I've just come on and it's not doing it....
                            Last edited by Jay Halstead; 11 September 2021, 02:54 PM.
                            sigpic
                            He’s the moon when I’m lost in darkness, and warmth when I shiver in cold

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that the forum engine is really slow? I have tried it on my PC and on my tablet and both of them were frozen during loading threads.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Yep.See Ask the Moderators.

Comment

Working...
                                X