Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GateWorld Forum Software Upgrade! (Questions & Requests)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vBulletin 5 has expanded its use of AJAX, to make various forum functions (including posting replies) faster. Basically it posts to the thread without needing to reload the page in your browser.

The fact that you can't see your sig right after posting is a side effect of this. Everyone else will see your sig, and once you have reloaded the page you'll see it too.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I just noticed something strange:

Moved some sent messages into the trash folder like 2 weeks ago, and now checking my message center, I found an answer to a PM that I had sent and trashed the sent message. The answer was from the 20th of February already and never appeared in my inbox nor did I get notified of a new message

I really only saw it because the trash folder showed one unread item. Un-deleted the message now and hope this will solve the problem

Comment

Note:
        I wasn't able to enter the following thread from my Subscription Notifications --> https://forum.gateworld.net/general-...-in-new-series

It told me I didn't have the necessary clearance.

I tried opening the thread from the main page and had no issue whatsoever.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Guessing either by now you gave up trying or the problem corrected itself when Darren or Greg last cleared the forum cache?

If it's any comfort I keep hitting stoopid errors too!
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Guessing either by now you gave up trying or the problem corrected itself when Darren or Greg last cleared the forum cache?
            I haven't encountered the error again so I guess it was fixed, or resolved itself.

I haven't run into any major issues.

Only a small one last Friday... I remember cause I was replying to the thread about Cliff's passing and when I hit post, GW decided to kick me out instead. For reasons unknown I got logged out as I hit post. I suspect it was a glitchy moment cause that also hasn't happened again.

Comment

One thing I will praise vBulletin for is how fast the Avatar changes occur. I like, way muchly

EDIT: it seems to a tkae a bit though on the forum threads, but its instant on the profile pages

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

forum.gateworld.net asks for your consent to use your personal data to:
                (.....)
                Show Details Continue to Site
                It doesn't let me continue to the site when I want to access gateworld from my pc. What do I do? It's a new pc and I just got internet back today. It works fine from my phone, though...
                Do I have to agree to something?
                AddBlocker is turned off.
                sigpic

Comment

Turn addblock on and see what happens...

Comment

Nope, not working either....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatecat View Post
                      Nope, not working either....
                      Yeah, just realized that too when I arrived at the main page and it popped up. My addblocks are on.
                      However, when I click "continue to side" the pop-up disappears and I can move around freely without hinderance -- Google Chrome.

Comment

Tried it on chrome, it works there.
                        I mainly use firefox though and it should work on all browsers...
                        For now I'll use chrome for Gateworld and Firefox for everything else.

Thanks for the help.
                        sigpic

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Hey guys, don't know if this is still related to the forum upgrade, but I've been meaning to point out that the SG-1 link to episodes is broken when you click on it on the "forum" page:
                            Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

If you click on it on the main page, it works fine.

Comment

Just a quick question:
                              Why did the overall height of the signature go from 200px to 180px?

I liked it when it was 200 because I knew the image couldn't be more than 180 in height, something that happened at some point during VB4, which gave me 20 extra pixels for text.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I've just spent several hours reading through various posts trying to customize this new look to show the recent posts in my subscriptions, and I have come across a quandry.
                                In my User Profile, I have 88 Subscriptions. Tonight, I subscribed to a new topic, and it is one of the 88.
                                When I click onto the Forum page, there are tabs for Latest Activity and My Subscriptions, and I THINK the latter is the view I'm looking for as my landing page. However, when I click on My Subscriptions, all that shows is the one I subscribed to tonight.
                                Are they different somehow? Do I need to resubscribe to each one?
                                TIA

Comment

Working...
                                X