Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GateWorld Forum Software Upgrade! (Questions & Requests)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are also multiple server-side caching things going on in the background with VB5 designed to speed the site up - so things like post counts don't get updated on every single post.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
      There are also multiple server-side caching things going on in the background with VB5 designed to speed the site up - so things like post counts don't get updated on every single post.
      Ah... okay... at least, it's not my brain playing tricks on me again.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        EDIT
        COME ON!! How ridiculous is this... it's showing up in previous pages, but not when I post this... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!

EDIT 2
        OH no... wait, there it is again...

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! SIGPICS ARE BACK!!

At least mine is... only took me a gazillion test tries and VBForums were incredibly unhelpful but in the end I found a way...

Edit signature in your account settings only seems to work when you attach an img from an URL. Trust me I tried with an attachment from my computer but that didn't work at all.

Once you've linked to your image -- in my case: https://i.imgur.com/W9gWoXW.jpg
        It will show you a thumbnail and the words Thumbnail and Remove right next to it, and below the name of the file --> W9gWoXW.jpg

In your editor, choose the first icon on the first menu bar... next to the T with an x -- on its left. That'll get you into the BBcode source editor.

Choose the spot where you want your sigpic to go and drop the filename in between the BBcode [ sigpic ]W9gWoXWdotjpg[/sigpic ]. Hit save, and you're done.
        Thanks for the tip, I did not get it to work for the sake of it sadly.

When using the plain BBcode (that normally shows images just fine) it will only show the link, when using the link like Falcon did, I get an a error message that there is no signature pic to use...
        I even tried to get the link from two different sites to make sure that there's no bug with that

I really hope that does not mean you can only use a sig image if you had one in before

But I would also like to mention I am having trouble to go to other members' profiles as well as sending them PMs, it takes very long to load, if at all..and yesterday the tab in Chrome would crash when trying to answer a post in a thread

EDIT: Just saw the post I made got posted despite the tab crashing
        Last edited by DarkenLycht; 03 February 2021, 04:59 AM. Reason: added new info

Comment

Tried to send you a message but I seem to have to do some cleaning up first...
          • You have reached your stored private message quota of 200 topics. You have 351 topics saved combined in your private message folders. Please delete some of your existing topics.
          Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
          Thanks for the tip, I did not get it to work for the sake of it sadly.
          Anywho, did you upload the image through the Upload from URL button?
          I realize I didn't make that too clear in my original post.

Comment

Tried to send you a message but I seem to have to do some cleaning up first...
            • You have reached your stored private message quota of 200 topics. You have 351 topics saved combined in your private message folders. Please delete some of your existing topics.

Anywho, did you upload the image through the Upload from URL button?
            I realize I didn't make that too clear in my original post.
            I tried that yesterday...it did not work so, I did not try that way again today...but obviously it does work today so the problem is solved for me, thanks

Yes, tried to send you a message about it, got that error

But honestly I think it would be helpful, if one of the mods or admins would make a post on how to get the sigpics back in place now in the thread for sig pics and avas...otherwise there might be a lot of people asking the same question as I
            That is I hope I am not the only one having had trouble with this

Comment

That is I hope I am not the only one having had trouble with this
              You're not.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                what I also noticed is that changes to the signature do not show until I log out and log back in. They do show where you can edit the signature right away but not on your posts

Comment

Am I really the only one having lost all content in both Inbox and Sent Items?

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                    Am I really the only one having lost all content in both Inbox and Sent Items?
                    No you are not, it is the same for me, posted about it in this thread already, after the tips Darren posted did not work
                    I just wanted to add a new folder to save my messages outside the inbox, from which they are removed once answered, but when I clicked on "add folder" I was redirected to the main page...

Comment

No you are not, it is the same for me, posted about it in this thread already, after the tips Darren posted did not work
                      I just wanted to add a new folder to save my messages outside the inbox, from which they are removed once answered, but when I clicked on "add folder" I was redirected to the main page...
                      I'm sorry, I thought I had been thorough looking through the thread for others with the same problem I saw info about where to look for messages now, but hadn't picked up that it was a reported problem that messages were gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                        Is there no chance of Inbox and Sent Items being restored? All messages are gone except for five random messages from November last year.
                        We are still looking into this, and will have to get some support help from vBulletin. But I would not anticipate that we'll be able to recover these.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Ah... okay... at least, it's not my brain playing tricks on me again.
                          To Greg's point, in case anybody is worried: the caching does not prevent your posts from counting toward your total. It only prevents the displayed counter from updating immediately.

Comment

I've just made a Signature settings tweak that might help anyone who was having difficulting adding an image to your signature using the image button on the sig editor.

Please give it another try if you weren't able to get your image into your sig!

Comment

I had this setting set up first, and I had an inverse list -- newest to oldest -- so newest posts were showing up on page 1 instead of on the last.

I found it confusing so I set it back... but maybe this is what you are looking for Awinita.
                              Yes I had the same setting, but now it is reversed and I cannot find the setting to put it how i want it

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post

Yes, I can quote a previous poser (in this case you) but when In try to post this answer it wants the 'Add Link' filling in with a valid url
                                Weird, it does not do that to me whatsoever. I can quote as needed and reply as needed, nothing asks for a URL. are you hitting anything when typing in the reply box ? Or maybe hitting a key shortcvut {control+L adds a link popup. this might be what you're triggering ?}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X