X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Knows
    replied
    So if a thread gets moved from OT to Scifi/SG/Gen TV etc., do you mods go through & add all the posts to each poster so they qualify for a custom avatar or two?

Just asking is all, it won't help me for years to come.

Shout but don't hit

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    1000 is definitely correct.It will take a while,but you'll get there.

For the record: posts in Off Topic Chatter don't count towards the tally...but everywhere else gets counted.

*Sometimes if a thread goes way too off-topic in the Scifi/SG/Gen TV or other sections it gets moved or the mods find a thread in OT that deserves to be moved so that can confuse things a little now and again.

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf the Artist
    replied
    Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
    If I get Baggie right, you can unlock a custom avatar at 1000 posts now, not 2000
    Either way It will take a while. Longer than a week.

Leave a comment:

• DarkenLycht
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Hi everyone.

Also ,good news for those of you who've made 1000-2000 posts.You can upload your own avatar at 1000 posts.
    (Remember that the Off-Topic Chatter Forum posts aren't counted in the tally.)

If at 1000 posts you don't see the option to upload your own avatar in your controls in the "Edit Avatar" section,log out,clear your cache,cookies and browser, then log back in and try again.

("Preset" forum avatars are on the to-do list to be fixed.If they look fuzzy,that's because the automated resizer overstretched old uploads to the 150px x 150px limit.If any custom avatars are blurred now,try resizing them yourself for now.)

If I get Baggie right, you can unlock a custom avatar at 1000 posts now, not 2000

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    It used to be you could rank up a lot of posts in Fun and Games. I think Darren added a join date requirement for that reason

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Yeah, lots of posting to do in on topic so if you feel like joining a rewatch (though we're in season 7 of SG1), that's a sure way of getting a lot of posts in a rather short period of time.

Leave a comment:

• Gatefan1976
    replied
    Roughly 2000, keep posting

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf the Artist
    replied
    I was wondering about custom avatar. So I got to make a ton of regular posts to get a right at a custom avatar?

Leave a comment:

• John's PuddleJumper
    replied
    thanks maneth, i'll give it a go

Originally posted by maneth View Post
    No, sigs no longer rotate, they're static. The rotating signatures disappeared quite a few years ago. Some animation is AFAIK allowed, as long as the file size doesn't exceed the 100k limit.

Here's a thread to explain the change:Change to the hosting of sigs

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Ah, my mistake...

Leave a comment:

• maneth
    replied
    No, sigs no longer rotate, they're static. The rotating signatures disappeared quite a few years ago. Some animation is AFAIK allowed, as long as the file size doesn't exceed the 100k limit.

Here's a thread to explain the change:Change to the hosting of sigs
    Last edited by maneth; 20 August 2018, 07:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by John's PuddleJumper View Post
    All my sigs on signavatar and should rota, will what you sent me do that please?
    I don't know. But there are other people with animated signatures so I would say "yes".

Leave a comment:

• John's PuddleJumper
    replied
    Hi FH!

Thanks it's good to be back! I still love Lorne!

All my sigs on signavatar and should rota, will what you sent me do that please?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by John's PuddleJumper View Post
    erm my sig banners don't seem to work, my signavatar acct is still active all the banners are there but they don't appear and rotate here on GW. Can anyone help me please
    Welcome back!

You need to upload your banner onto Gateworld like so...

1. Go to My Profile. Link is at the top of the page on the right, next to Gateworld in the banner at the top.
    2. On your profile page, you see a menu on the lefthand side of the page where you have many different options to choose from. Choose Edit Signature.
    3. Scroll a little down on the signature page, and you'll find an option to Upload Signature Picture. You can choose to enter a link (I tried yours and it works) or upload an image from your computer.
    4. After you click Upload, the [sigpic] will be visible in the editor box. You may alter the text there too if you wish.
    5. Hit Preview signature when you want to check how the result will look once you hit Save signature
    6. That's it, you're done!

Leave a comment:

• John's PuddleJumper
    replied
    howdy peeps, i have returned after a long break.

erm my sig banners don't seem to work, my signavatar acct is still active all the banners are there but they don't appear and rotate here on GW. Can anyone help me please

Leave a comment:

Working...
X