Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, lots of posting to do in on topic so if you feel like joining a rewatch (though we're in season 7 of SG1), that's a sure way of getting a lot of posts in a rather short period of time.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It used to be you could rank up a lot of posts in Fun and Games. I think Darren added a join date requirement for that reason
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Hi everyone.

Also ,good news for those of you who've made 1000-2000 posts.You can upload your own avatar at 1000 posts.
        (Remember that the Off-Topic Chatter Forum posts aren't counted in the tally.)

If at 1000 posts you don't see the option to upload your own avatar in your controls in the "Edit Avatar" section,log out,clear your cache,cookies and browser, then log back in and try again.

("Preset" forum avatars are on the to-do list to be fixed.If they look fuzzy,that's because the automated resizer overstretched old uploads to the 150px x 150px limit.If any custom avatars are blurred now,try resizing them yourself for now.)

If I get Baggie right, you can unlock a custom avatar at 1000 posts now, not 2000

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
          If I get Baggie right, you can unlock a custom avatar at 1000 posts now, not 2000
          Either way It will take a while. Longer than a week.
          Hello
          I like Daniel. Why is there not a simple heart emoji? I got a crush on Daniel. I think I always did.

Comment

1000 is definitely correct.It will take a while,but you'll get there.

For the record: posts in Off Topic Chatter don't count towards the tally...but everywhere else gets counted.

*Sometimes if a thread goes way too off-topic in the Scifi/SG/Gen TV or other sections it gets moved or the mods find a thread in OT that deserves to be moved so that can confuse things a little now and again.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

So if a thread gets moved from OT to Scifi/SG/Gen TV etc., do you mods go through & add all the posts to each poster so they qualify for a custom avatar or two?

Just asking is all, it won't help me for years to come.

Shout but don't hit
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                So if a thread gets moved from OT to Scifi/SG/Gen TV etc., do you mods go through & add all the posts to each poster so they qualify for a custom avatar or two?
                Well,ideally we'd have the threads all in the right place as soon as members create them,and mass chatty/infighting derailments and thread moves/modding wouldn't happen.

That said: not an ideal world and the forum's expanded a LOT since 2004.Sometimes Darren adds sub-sections or folders for shows so that means a lot of threads move house to other parts of the forum.

If a thread is WAY off topic,moving the whole thread can be a lot easier than sifting through every post.That said,we try to just temp move threads and put them back out as soon as we can.Sometimes that means deleting posts,but if at all possible we try to keep posts intact.

Overall though,it's more likely for post counts to rise than fall if we find old threads in OT Chat that belong far better in the SciFi/General TV sections.

Examples: When the General TV folder was created it took weeks to find all the old threads and make sure they were moved across to the new folder.
                Ditto years ago with the Stargate Tech and Game threads.Same again with some novel and video game threads.

Basically,we try to get you guys to your Custom Av status as quickly as the posts/threads permit.

Post counts don't count for much aside from the user titles really and rep giving esp nowadays,so don't be alarmed by high post counts.They aren't always a sign of deep cosmic Scifi knowledge.

Comment

Thank you for your answer Bagpuss.
                  I was not actually expecting an answer, just the way my mind works (or doesn't work) I come up with a lot of 'what ifs'
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Well,ideally we'd have the threads all in the right place as soon as members create them,and mass chatty/infighting derailments and thread moves/modding wouldn't happen.

That said: not an ideal world and the forum's expanded a LOT since 2004.Sometimes Darren adds sub-sections or folders for shows so that means a lot of threads move house to other parts of the forum.

If a thread is WAY off topic,moving the whole thread can be a lot easier than sifting through every post.That said,we try to just temp move threads and put them back out as soon as we can.Sometimes that means deleting posts,but if at all possible we try to keep posts intact.

Overall though,it's more likely for post counts to rise than fall if we find old threads in OT Chat that belong far better in the SciFi/General TV sections.

Examples: When the General TV folder was created it took weeks to find all the old threads and make sure they were moved across to the new folder.
                    Ditto years ago with the Stargate Tech and Game threads.Same again with some novel and video game threads.

Basically,we try to get you guys to your Custom Av status as quickly as the posts/threads permit.

Post counts don't count for much aside from the user titles really and rep giving esp nowadays,so don't be alarmed by high post counts.They aren't always a sign of deep cosmic Scifi knowledge.
                    I object!!
                    I have deep AND cosmic Knowledge!!
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      I object!!
                      I think that is why Baggie said "aren't always"

I found it nice to have something to look forward to when I would reach my 2000th post, so I actually think it's good a thing that you cannot set custom avas from the get go.

Comment

They aren't always a sign of deep cosmic Scifi knowledge.
                        I still doubt my cosmic knowledge but it does help that I came on board at the height of all things stargate. 2004 was the year of Stargate Atlantis so lots to talk about and lots to post.

Though, I'm still amazed I'm at 30K+ posts at the moment.

Comment

Only half those thread derailments were caused by me
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Only half...

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                              Thank you for your answer Bagpuss.
                              I was not actually expecting an answer, just the way my mind works (or doesn't work) I come up with a lot of 'what ifs' http://i.imgur.com/hD86sKQ.gif
                              No worries!

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              I object!!
                              Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                              I think that is why Baggie said "aren't always"

I found it nice to have something to look forward to when I would reach my 2000th post, so I actually think it's good a thing that you cannot set custom avas from the get go.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              I still doubt my cosmic knowledge but it does help that I came on board at the height of all things stargate. 2004 was the year of Stargate Atlantis so lots to talk about and lots to post.

Though, I'm still amazed I'm at 30K+ posts at the moment.
                              Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Only half...
                              So only the last sentence struck a chord,except for Who Knows and Az'ryel,who read the whole reply,huh?
                              *Twirls fake 'tache and strolls away...*
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 27 June 2019, 01:06 AM. Reason: Misspelled a name.Now fixed.:)

Comment

My off topic post count alone is almost 30K Falcon, I bet yours is higher.
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X