Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DigiFluid
    replied
    Even if the admin team decides against it, thank you for asking. I'm sure all of us who knew Nolamom appreciate that the effort was even made in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Gatefan1976
    replied
    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Let me take this up with the mods and Darren and see what they say.
    Thank you Sky

Leave a comment:

• Skydiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Dear Gateworld Mods and staff.
    While I understand that this may not be possible, and I accept that it may not be, but can we put a section of similes aside under the category of Nola?
    Many of us seem to draw a parallel to Nola and her smilies, or gifs, or even the tollan booth I still miss seeing with her cat.
    Nola was not my mum, but she dies a few months after my mum leaving her husband and children, just like my mum.
    My mum was never online, but Nola was, she was our online mum, and I think that's the best I can say of her.
    She was our mum, and we miss her.
    Let me take this up with the mods and Darren and see what they say.

Leave a comment:

• planet_tv
    replied
    Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
    Her drive-by posts of smilies, including Wraithy ones, were always delightful.

How about also a folder for her smilies in the GateWorld fan art gallery?
    https://www.gateworld.net/gallery/index.php?cat=94
    That's a good idea too. I had thought of something like that around the time Photobucket started that whole thing with 3rd party hosting but it was not just with Nola's smilies but Zuz's smilies as well. Nola's Stargate smilies could be sorted by 3 categories: SG-1, SGA, and SGU & Other.

Leave a comment:

• WraithTech
    replied
    Her drive-by posts of smilies, including Wraithy ones, were always delightful.

How about also a folder for her smilies in the GateWorld fan art gallery?
    https://www.gateworld.net/gallery/index.php?cat=94

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Yes, a smiley tribute to Nola!

Leave a comment:

• planet_tv
    replied
    I was thinking maybe a small portion of her smilies could be added to the smilies.

Janet Frasier (last one in the post)

SGU - the first one for the following: Rush, Young, Greer, Chloe, Johansen, and Wray. Since there is no Eli without animation maybe the first one could be used.

Atlantis

I know it would be up to Darren but it would be one of the ways to pay tribute to Nola and to get some smilies for Stargate characters who don't have one in the smilies.

Leave a comment:

• Gatefan1976
    replied
    Dear Gateworld Mods and staff.
    While I understand that this may not be possible, and I accept that it may not be, but can we put a section of similes aside under the category of Nola?
    Many of us seem to draw a parallel to Nola and her smilies, or gifs, or even the tollan booth I still miss seeing with her cat.
    Nola was not my mum, but she dies a few months after my mum leaving her husband and children, just like my mum.
    My mum was never online, but Nola was, she was our online mum, and I think that's the best I can say of her.
    She was our mum, and we miss her.

Leave a comment:

• P-90_177
    replied
    She was definitely one of the best of us.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    Not you. It brought up bad memories of missing Nola

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I wished you hadn't opened up that old wound
    I'm sorry.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    I wished you hadn't opened up that old wound

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Forever the smiley queen...
    But the thought of her gone, still makes me

Leave a comment:

• ScifigirlSG
    replied
    Remembering Nolamom who passed away in July 2016

Leave a comment:

• Jper
    replied
    I am very late to this thread, but was so shocked and sadden to hear about this news that I needed 2 days to let it sink in. I only knew Nola here from GateWorld, but she was so nice and she made such great smileys. Nola, I think you are and still will be very much missed! So sad, may she rest in peace.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X