Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey!! glad ya made it over here i think you'll like it just we don't all scare ya off

Comment

I am new, treat me gently

Question, when do members get to upload their own avatars and what are the dimensions and file size limits? Thanks
      Dr. Rodney McKay to Major John Sheppard: "The Romancing the Alien Priestess.... It's very 1967 of you."

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
        For starters, visit the new members thread in this section.

Uhhh...that was a bad pun.
        doh, didn't even see it, thanks
        Dr. Rodney McKay to Major John Sheppard: "The Romancing the Alien Priestess.... It's very 1967 of you."

Comment

Originally posted by Brent
          I am new, treat me gently

Question, when do members get to upload their own avatars and what are the dimensions and file size limits? Thanks
          hehe you get your own av at 1801 posts... but you get a bigger selection at 801, and they're all 65 x 60

for now, just put pics and fun stuffs (like your bob avatar, which cracks me up btw ) into your sig

Comment

Hi all!

Yet another newbie on the team here.

I've been a Stargate fan since about mid-way through SG-1 season 2, thanks to constant badgering from a friend who was addicted from day one. The reason I didn't watch it at first was because I reckoned that a tv series couldn't possibly live up to the movie version. Hmm, good call there, eh? I also greeted the news last year of a spin-off series with much the same scepticism and was again proved totally wrong. ("Good call", part 2... )

I couldn't hope to name a favourite episode, there's been so much quality over the past 8 seasons. Naming a favourite character's far easier; Jack O'Neill. I love his humour & sarcasm. The phrase 'over my dead body' is redundant compared to 'over my rotting corpse, sir' (?). "Good call" #3: I didn't think there was any way 'MacGyver' could do a good job of portraying Kurt Russell's O'Neill.

I heard of gateworld.net on a Stargate discussion on councilofelrond.com & the first thing I did when I logged on was open all the spoiler threads. No willpower, I know, but I'm just glad there's a season 9 to be "spoiled".

Good to be here & looking forward to exploring the site further.

Comment

Good Evening all,
              i happen to be a stargate fan who reads ALL the spoilers...so yeah you could say i can't get enough of the stuff

seriously it's a show that i religously watch on thursday evenings after my religous karate class...so yeah and Atlantis will have me up even later...
              you think that's funny....you should hear the one about the duck the moose and the Goa'uld

Comment

Hi y'all. I'm new here, doh! [talking to self (of course I am, why else am I in the new members thread)].

Used to watch Stargate in syndication for the first 3 or 4 seasons then stopped. Please don't think badly of me but my interest has been revived because of the new casting for season 9 especially that of Lt. Col. Cameron "Mad Dog Mongo" Mitchell.

See ya in the threads.

Comment

welcome, welcome, welcome everybody!!!

Osgiliath, I like your sig name, where did you come up with it?
                  Well, most of us were at work here...

The five J's of Stargate: Jack, Janet, Jonas, Jacob, Jackson!!!
                  In memorium: Whistler84 and Atteria...may you always be remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by fedaykin
                    Good Evening all,
                    i happen to be a stargate fan who reads ALL the spoilers...so yeah you could say i can't get enough of the stuff

seriously it's a show that i religously watch on thursday evenings after my religous karate class...so yeah and Atlantis will have me up even later...

after watching the premiere Atlantis WILL DEFINATELY have me up later
                    you think that's funny....you should hear the one about the duck the moose and the Goa'uld

Comment

Hi all! I have been a stargate fan for a quite a long time now, but this is the first time i register on a stargate forum site. I'm a little behind you Americans and all the other people that have allready seen the season 8 of Stargate SG-1 and the first season of SGA, because in Finland not even 1 tv channel show new episodes of Stargate SG-1 or even show the first episode of SGA. This one channel shows the fifth season of Stargate SG-1, but it has been allready showed numerous of times on a different channel. I'm glad i still can order the dvd's from the internet

Comment

Hi I'm new to these boards, i'm usually at the Star Trek boards.
                        I LOVE Stargate it's equal first with star trek in my books.
                        I hate people who say they won't watch it b/c Rick Dean is in it and he used to be Macgiver (sp). SO what if he was?!! silly people

Comment

Hello, I'm not new to stargate but i am to this specific forum. Have yet to find a forum this good concerning stargate! keep up the good work. So Hello to all the fellow fans out there! and rda makes sg-1 to me, he's one of the best actors i've seen in awhile. i do watch old episodes of mcguyver and realize how cheesey they are, but i think that happens when you havent seen a show in almost 10 years.
                          Fire. Walk with me

Comment

Hello I just joined yesterday and I am still finding my way about. I've watched Stargate for ages now - and I bet you can guess what my favourite episode is!
                            I also love games of all formats - so I was happy to see a few gaming threads here!
                            Hi to everyone

Comment

Howdy! I can't claim any long-standing fandom but I ran across the Monday evening reruns on SciFi last year and have since become smitten. After watching seasons 1 and 2 in syndication, the new season 8 eps seem fantastic! Much better production value, storytelling, etc... than the original couple of years I think.

Anyhoo, look forward to using this site as a crash-course in all things SG1 so that those reruns make a little more sense.

As a side-note I think I started watching at just the right time as it looks like Beau Bridges will be a recurring character next season. That guy cracks me up!
                              "It moisturizes my situation and maintains my sexy."

-- P. Diddy in an infomercial for Proactiv skin care

Comment

I am in about the same boat as Kinky for Governor, but I am a REAL newbie. My first taste of Stargate was the Atlantis episode "The Gift" that aired a few weeks ago. That episode got me hooked. Luckily, I have a guy at my work that owns all the seasons of SG1 on dvd and he letting me borrow them and watch them in order (ggrr SciFi for not airing in order!) and understand a lot more.

So, some stuff about me. I am from Ohio, born and raised. I am a devout practicing evangelical Christian. I work in residental treatment for adolescents, I have a BA in Psychology and I am currently working on my Masters in Counseling (a Heightmeyer in the making..haha). My favorite Stargate character is Dr. Weir for a couple of reasons. One, she looks ALOT like my boss at work (it's scary!), and secondly, I just really like her style of leadership. Over on SG1 my favorite character is a complete toss up. I love them all! Oh, and I am a follower of the Weir/Sheppard ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X