X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harsesis View Post
    Hi all,
    that's my first posting as I'm new to this board.
    Hope we'll have a lot of fun
    Have a nice day ^^
    Hi there Welcome. We always have fun here. Looking forward to running into you around the forum.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

So, about six months ago now, I discovered that when nothing else was on tv when I came home late in the evening from work, Space had some show called Stargate SG-1 on. The next day, I discovered it was on again. And so on. Things were even pretty easy to figure out, since after a couple weeks, I found myself on episode 1 of season 1, and they went chronological after that.

A couple months ago I broke down and realized I'd most likely found my new fandom, only I was about 10 years too late. I also decided that 4-5 episodes a week, plus the seasons 9/10 episodes that a few networks were randomly syndicating was enough. (Although those later season episodes were just like torturous teasers). So I haven't broken down and bought the dvds yet. Except for Ark of Truth.

Now, despite my best intentions to at least stay away from the fandom until I'd seen the whole series (I'm 3/4 through season 5, + most of seasons 9 and 10)... Well, here I am.

*waves*

Oh, and obviously, I'm not that worried about spoilers at this point, but as tempting as the fan fiction is, I should probably finish the canon first. Oh, and I usually do book fandoms, this is the first tv show to really hook me. So I'm a little lost as to what I should do now that I've broken down and registered.
      Last edited by Risti; 08 May 2008, 09:50 PM.
      sigpic
      Live Journal | FF.net

Comment

Hey Risti! Welcome to the Gateworld forum! Hope you enjoy it as much as I am!

I first saw Stargate years ago when my dad taped them on Thursday nights and watched them on Friday. I was too young to understand half but I enjoyed them. Now I have seen them all to date or read the transcripts for the others.

The first episode I saw I can't tell you about coz i don't think you've seen it yet. Anyway, have fun!

MT
        "Wøøf!"

Comment

Originally posted by harsesis View Post
          Hi all,
          that's my first posting as I'm new to this board.
          Hope we'll have a lot of fun
          Have a nice day ^^
          Com-tria harseis!!!!!! Welcome to the forum. And yes, you will have a lot of fun
          Originally posted by Risti View Post
          So, about six months ago now, I discovered that when nothing else was on tv when I came home late in the evening from work, Space had some show called Stargate SG-1 on. The next day, I discovered it was on again. And so on. Things were even pretty easy to figure out, since after a couple weeks, I found myself on episode 1 of season 1, and they went chronological after that.

A couple months ago I broke down and realized I'd most likely found my new fandom, only I was about 10 years too late. I also decided that 4-5 episodes a week, plus the seasons 9/10 episodes that a few networks were randomly syndicating was enough. (Although those later season episodes were just like torturous teasers). So I haven't broken down and bought the dvds yet. Except for Ark of Truth.

Now, despite my best intentions to at least stay away from the fandom until I'd seen the whole series (I'm 3/4 through season 5, + most of seasons 9 and 10)... Well, here I am.

*waves*

Oh, and obviously, I'm not that worried about spoilers at this point, but as tempting as the fan fiction is, I should probably finish the canon first. Oh, and I usually do book fandoms, this is the first tv show to really hook me. So I'm a little lost as to what I should do now that I've broken down and registered.
          Hi!!!!
          sigpic
          Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

Tek' ma-te,

Greetings from Poland. My adventure with Stargate began 10 yrs ago. I saw Stargate the movie on TV and I was totally fascinated with it. Year later I saw the first season of SG1 and I was forced to have a long break. I've managed to see all 10 seasons two months ago (it took me a week) and then I turned to Atlantis. My english skills (although not perfect) allows me to watch it in original version (all the humor in it's essence ). Now, undomesticated equines could not remove me from watching next episodes and movies.
            :A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

Isaac Asimov once said, "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

indeed, old friend.

Glad to find another Stargate mate! Hope you enjoy posting in the Gateworld forum. We can be a pretty nice bunch of people. There are lots of thread giving help details. Unfortunately I don't have any of them handy and I don't really have the time to do it all, but i would recommend exploring the different places to get a grasp.

It seems only the other day that I was new (most people would think I still am but I don't feel that new any more) and everyone was really nice to me so I hope the same happens for you.

Have fun!

MT (Muh_tuttles)
              "Wøøf!"

Comment

YIKES! NEWBIE HERE!!! Trying to learn the ropes for my first ever venture into cyberspace writing. And I thought learning how to send e-mails was pretty darn exciting!

Comment

Hello!

Now I have time I think I'll post some information about things that I didn't realise when I was new. You guys might be much smarter than me (not a hard thing to do!) but just in case, here are some basic things I found out by accident!

The "My Controls" link up the top will show you all the latest reputation points (aka 'greens'), unread private messages (PMs) and new replies for subscribed threads. I found this extremely useful - when i found it!

Anyway, some other things - to subscribe to a thread there is a link just above the first post on this page (or any thread page) that says "Thread tools". click this and a list will drop down. Click "Subscribe to this thread" and it will be added. The rest is fairly easy.

If you have any more questions I'd be happy to help and there are lots of thread with lots of help for newbies.

Sending emails is nowhere near as exciting as this the Gateworld Forum!!

MT
                  "Wøøf!"

Comment

Hello name is Samantha, from Australia&I'm a HUGE JACK&Sam shipper as you can tell by the name lol. Looks like I have alot of catching up to do on the forum but of cause well worth it lol.

Cya around

Signature made by Mala50

Comment

Originally posted by Muh_tuttles View Post
                      Hello!

Now I have time I think I'll post some information about things that I didn't realise when I was new. You guys might be much smarter than me (not a hard thing to do!) but just in case, here are some basic things I found out by accident!

The "My Controls" link up the top will show you all the latest reputation points (aka 'greens'), unread private messages (PMs) and new replies for subscribed threads. I found this extremely useful - when i found it!

Anyway, some other things - to subscribe to a thread there is a link just above the first post on this page (or any thread page) that says "Thread tools". click this and a list will drop down. Click "Subscribe to this thread" and it will be added. The rest is fairly easy.

If you have any more questions I'd be happy to help and there are lots of thread with lots of help for newbies.

Sending emails is nowhere near as exciting as this the Gateworld Forum!!

MT
                      Thanks for the offer of help. I have been in the newbies thread and reading through all the info. Am new to joining in all the fun but not new to the forum having followed it for several years now. Huge fan of Amanda Tapping! Thought it was time to add my voice to the many others out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Edb View Post
                        Thanks for the offer of help. I have been in the newbies thread and reading through all the info. Am new to joining in all the fun but not new to the forum having followed it for several years now. Huge fan of Amanda Tapping! Thought it was time to add my voice to the many others out there.
                        Hey there!!!

Originally posted by Jack&Samshipper View Post
                        Hello name is Samantha, from Australia&I'm a HUGE JACK&Sam shipper as you can tell by the name lol. Looks like I have alot of catching up to do on the forum but of cause well worth it lol.

Cya around
                        Welcome to our humble abode!!

Originally posted by Sir Vitek de Barocco View Post
                        Tek' ma-te,

Greetings from Poland. My adventure with Stargate began 10 yrs ago. I saw Stargate the movie on TV and I was totally fascinated with it. Year later I saw the first season of SG1 and I was forced to have a long break. I've managed to see all 10 seasons two months ago (it took me a week) and then I turned to Atlantis. My english skills (although not perfect) allows me to watch it in original version (all the humor in it's essence ). Now, undomesticated equines could not remove me from watching next episodes and movies.
                        Hullo Sir

Poland huh? My mom is polish
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

Hey everyone,

I signed up for this forum, but never really got around to posting. But I'm ready to be active. This forum looks pretty cool.
                          I look forward to posting here with you guys.

See you around,
                          Sg1Tinkx

Comment

Hey Sg1tinkx!

Hope you enjoy the forum. You have a lot in common with these guys - for one thing you all love Daniel! (excepting only me!)

Cya round probably!

MT
                            "Wøøf!"

Comment

Howdy folks. This is my first post. My name is James. I found a copy of SG-1 Season 1 in the bargain bin at a local collector store and have been hooked ever since! Looking forward to taking part in the forums and to Atlantis - Season 5!

Comment

cool! Bargain bin??? Awesome! Welcome to the forum!
                                "Wøøf!"

Comment

Working...
                                X