This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, here are some things about me:

1. I've been a member here since November of 2004.

2. I had to wait many years to see SG-1 as I did not have cable when it used to air on Showtime here in the U.S.

3. My name is short for Hammond who is a character I severely miss.

4. I love all the characters except Dr. Frasier and Cassie.

5. I think S8 has suffered a big drop off in quality.

6. Even when I love something, like I do both SG-1 and SGA, I will be very critical of it. I am far from being a fanatic or fanboy.

Comment

Hey there Ham. I hope you've been enjoying it here.
      Rocky

Comment

hi i'm swizzlestick and ive been a fan of stargate for a long time. i finally realised i was way too addicted to this site when it went down a couple of days ago and after lurking around for so long i decided to join up!

Comment

Hey Gateworld. My name is Seffy and am a regular poster on a few forums, all sci-fi related, so if anyone knows me let me know you're here. I've had a quick look around and think this site is impressive to say the least and I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone.
          Manchester's Stargater has landed!
          Seffy- Stargating Farscaping X-O'Phile
          Sci-fi, it's like drugs only legal.
          O'Neill In the middle of my backswing? Window Of Opertunity

Comment

Welcome Swizzlestick and Seffy. Nice to have you here.
            Rocky

Comment

Hi! *waves*
              I've been lurking here for a while now, and finally decided to start posting.
              I can't remember when i first started watching Stargate, it was a long time ago. I like Star Trek too, mainly the Next Generation and Voyager series and i've recently started watching Andromeda too. Sooo...yup, i'm mad about sci-fi

This site is great, keep up the good work!

Comment

Hi there! I'm Mike. I'm 32 and I live in Portland, ME.

I've been a Stargate fan for about two years now. At first, when I learned there'd be a Stargate show, I was kinda disgusted at the fact they'd try to make a TV series out of a cool movie. Then, a couple of years ago, I had gotten out of work late at night, came home, found some Papa john's pizza in the fridge and I was ravenous. I couldn't stop eating it. Guess I hadn't eaten all day but I digress. The TV was programmed to turn on shortly before I came home and it happened to bo on the Sci-Fi channel where they were running two or three episodes of SG-1 back to back along with Farscape.

I sat through Stargate thinking, "Okay, people have been raving about this show. There must be a reason". The episode was Descent. It was about maybe 1/8th of the way through the episode and there was some line being spoken by a balding gyu on the raido, "Be careful, Sam" to which Sam replied "I will, dad!". I just rolled my eyes. A father daughter on the same team? There must be more to this so I watched further. Then, O'Neill siad when he and Carter were gonna drown, "We're lookin' at some major shrinkage here!". Okay, that sold me! RDA was funny in that kind of saterical kind of way.

Been a fan since. Seen all the episodes at least twice and some as much as a dozen times. I've got the lingo down, I've got all the DVDs, I know the backstories of all the characters and I feel something for the characters when something happens to them. In fact, I wanna get SG1 FAN as my licence plate.

Anyway. I drive taxi and have a girlfriend.

Comment

There is a Welcome New member thread in the off topic folder you should introduce your self there.

Check out the link
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...620#post307620
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh
                    Hi there! I'm Mike. I'm 32 and I live in Portland, ME.

I've been a Stargate fan for about two years now. At first, when I learned there'd be a Stargate show, I was kinda disgusted at the fact they'd try to make a TV series out of a cool movie. Then, a couple of years ago, I had gotten out of work late at night, came home, found some Papa john's pizza in the fridge and I was ravenous. I couldn't stop eating it. Guess I hadn't eaten all day but I digress. The TV was programmed to turn on shortly before I came home and it happened to bo on the Sci-Fi channel where they were running two or three episodes of SG-1 back to back along with Farscape.

I sat through Stargate thinking, "Okay, people have been raving about this show. There must be a reason". The episode was Descent. It was about maybe 1/8th of the way through the episode and there was some line being spoken by a balding gyu on the raido, "Be careful, Sam" to which Sam replied "I will, dad!". I just rolled my eyes. A father daughter on the same team? There must be more to this so I watched further. Then, O'Neill siad when he and Carter were gonna drown, "We're lookin' at some major shrinkage here!". Okay, that sold me! RDA was funny in that kind of saterical kind of way.

Been a fan since. Seen all the episodes at least twice and some as much as a dozen times. I've got the lingo down, I've got all the DVDs, I know the backstories of all the characters and I feel something for the characters when something happens to them. In fact, I wanna get SG1 FAN as my licence plate.

Anyway. I drive taxi and have a girlfriend.
                    You seem pretty cool for an old guy. Heh, just kidding Mike. You seem cool and I hope you post more here. I'm Jared and I'm 20 and my first episode was "The Other Side". Once I watched, I was hooked. I also loved the movie and saw it when I was 9 in the theatre. For some reason, I never saw the series until season 4 or 5, whenit was on Showtime, then I was hooked and got the DVDs and caught myself up. Now I'm addicted!

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                      You seem pretty cool for an old guy. Heh, just kidding Mike. You seem cool and I hope you post more here. I'm Jared and I'm 20 and my first episode was "The Other Side". .........
                      Old guy?! Old?!! You may have offended a good portion of "Gaters" child.
                      Nice one!
                      anyway....

Welcome to GateWorld, babaganoosh!

Comment

Originally posted by zahncrelnik
                        Old guy?! Old?!! You may have offended a good portion of "Gaters" child.
                        Nice one!
                        anyway....

Welcome to GateWorld, babaganoosh!
                        nah dude, i was just teasin' him. I meant no disrespect. 32 isn't old.

Comment

welcome
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                            nah dude, i was just teasin' him. I meant no disrespect. 32 isn't old.
                            No, but there's quite a few that's older then him

Comment

Welcome to the Forum BluePhoenix. Hope you enjoy posting here.
                              Rocky

Comment

I'm new hear. Been lurking for a little while. I'm a big fan of Stargate and sci-fi in general. I'll probably post more in the other sci-fi section.

LEE IS NOT A CYLON

Comment

Working...
                                X