Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I'm new I guess I should throw my hey in! Been lurking around the boards a bit and reading a lot of post but never replyed or posted anything up myself. Figured it was about time I joined in on the fun.

As for other things, hmm, my interest in Stargate started just over a year ago while I was away at school. One night while my brother was staying with me and I was avoiding studying we decided to try and find something half decent to watch on tv. I'm a pretty big fan of most things sci fi so when my brother found the SGA episode "Hide and Seek" he figured I'd get into it (as he was already a fan). Anyway, I was instantly hooked. I especially enjoyed Dr. Beckett who is my favourite character.

Anyway, all that being said I really just meant to slip in and say hey!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
    "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Well, here I am. I finally signed up after lurking in the shadows as a guest for what seems like for ever. I'm really new to the Forum thing but not to being a fan of Stargate. I've been watching since 1998 when I came across re runs of the first series on Sky Tv in the UK. I loved the movie as I love anything to do with ancient civilisations and the idea of alien influences in Earth's History.

I like well thought out Sci Fi that makes you think and explore the "meaning of life stuff" as well as good characters and storylines. Stargate has all this. Of course I like Star Trek as well. Hooked on that from TOS(showing my age there!!). Never thought I'd come across anything that would take the place of Star Trek as my favourite Sci Fi show but well, what can I say, it's Stargate for cryin' out loud! As for characters, who cannot like O'Neill? The irreverent humour just cracks me up. He's my hero!!

Now I get to enjoy the wonderful scenery I loved seeing on Stargate first hand. I'm coming up to celebrating my first year living near Vancouver having moved here from the UK. It's a wonderful place, I love it here.

Comment

Hello my children! The great admirer of the television show Battlestar Galactica has arrived! Welcome me!

Comment

Welcome. Interesting technique you got there.

Hope you enjoy GW - info/threads you will find useful as you find your way around are the FAQ and Shadow's X-Treme Guide to Gateworld (for Newbies).
          sigpic

Comment

This should be interesting.
            If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonialFascist View Post
              Hello my children! The great admirer of the television show Battlestar Galactica has arrived! Welcome me!
              who's colonial fastist ?????
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by ColonialFascist View Post
                ...Good lord. That's a very... interesting profile pic you've got.

Still, welcome to the forum. If you're lucky you might be able to find a copy of the Daily Mail around here somewhere...
                Last edited by Anubis69; 17 October 2006, 04:08 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

thanks for making such an intresting idea for a post i thank you and welcome everyone behind me to this wounderful site

Comment

A bear is a large mammal in the family Ursidae of the order Carnivora. The adjective "ursine" is used to describe things of a bear-like nature.

Did you know that, people?
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Hi, this my first time on a forum, EVER.

I'm a high school student from New Zealand. I love every thing Stargate or Star Wars. I rely on GateWorld to keep Stargate going for me as NZ is quite far behind the USA.

WereWraith06

<<<I have watched you play with those who would play GOD<<<

A Random but Cool Quote:
                      Spoiler:
                      If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.
                      - Bertrand Russell

Comment

*runs into room*
                        Welcome all newbies, I'd give you free green but I'm all out..... soooo.. bye!!!
                        *runs out of room*

Comment

Hi all!

My name's Pete!

I've just joined the forum, so I thought I'd introduce myself!

Yey!

Nice to meet you all.

Comment

Hello I am new
                            Nice to meet you all
                            I am from Ottawa in Canada in a very suburban but quite place called Rideau Street on the coast of The Rideau River.

I am 32 and my favourite show is now Stargate Alantis because I think the cast is more charismatic than SG1.
                            I think the stars are more witty and charms allways grip me more than original plots but it is nice to have the best of both worlds and that's was Atlantis gives me.
                            SG1 did with Colonel 'O' Neil, who was my pin-up as a girl, but the replacement Mitchell is no Joe Flanigan and the charming lead can makes a lot of difference.
                            I am into Puppy bredding, Basket Ball and my Computer games, my favoutes are the old style games on the Nintendo DS Lite like Tetris DS.

Hope to chat and discuss often, see you all soon Star Gaters.

Comment

Originally posted by PGallagher69 View Post
                              Hi all!

My name's Pete!

I've just joined the forum, so I thought I'd introduce myself!

Yey!

Nice to meet you all.
                              hey, look everyone - IT'S PETE!!
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Tea Biscuit Queen View Post
                                Hello I am new
                                Nice to meet you all
                                I am from Ottawa in Canada in a very suburban but quite place called Rideau Street on the coast of The Rideau River.

I am 32 and my favourite show is now Stargate Alantis because I think the cast is more charismatic than SG1.
                                I think the stars are more witty and charms allways grip me more than original plots but it is nice to have the best of both worlds and that's was Atlantis gives me.
                                SG1 did with Colonel 'O' Neil, who was my pin-up as a girl, but the replacement Mitchell is no Joe Flanigan and the charming lead can makes a lot of difference.
                                I am into Puppy bredding, Basket Ball and my Computer games, my favoutes are the old style games on the Nintendo DS Lite like Tetris DS.

Hope to chat and discuss often, see you all soon Star Gaters.
                                HI YOU

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X