Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello i am new, this place need more colour and i am sleepy, i will sleep soon

p.s. TEALC HAS HAIR!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lifehater
      hello i am new, this place need more colour and i am sleepy, i will sleep soon

p.s. TEALC HAS HAIR!!!!
      Welcome!
      "Build a man a fire and he will stay warm through the night, set a man on fire and he will stay warm for eternity"

Comment

WELCOME LIFEHATER, so good to welcome the new people to this forum who i havent ever met before!

Comment

Welcome all newbies
          Nice to have new members on board,welcome aboard.
          A well respected member of:

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/
          Check out my newest made forum!

http://forum.hopto.org/board/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mikalotia
            Thanks for the tutorial, but summorizations man. You can't expect me to read all that. I just saw tons of links and didn't read any.
            You know you don't have to read all that, right? These are just helpful links, some sort of guideline. I collected them to spare you the work to have to look for these threads yourself, as they are not all in the same place. I post them regularly as a service so that you can look up whatever question you have. If you have a question about sigs, just read the thread about sigs! Or if you have a question about the rep system - just read that! All the links are labelled and the list is not that long, so it really can't be that hard to find what you are looking for. If you have no questions: good for you.

The only thing that everyone, and I mean everyone, should read one time in his GW life, is the FAQ.

Believe me, after some time on this forum you plead and beg for people to read the FAQ. So many standard questions get asked on the completely wrong threads, questions that are easily answered by one quick look into the FAQ. And it can't be too hard to look up the basic and simple rules of a forum before you start posting in there.
            Everyone makes mistakes, that's ok. God knows I made them too when I joined and I even made one after being here for over a year. But you should be able to accept that you made a mistake and mend it if people point it out to you.

But the arrogance of some people on this forum is unbelievable. They don't admit their mistakes, they don't look into the FAQ, they just want others to accept that they don't care for the rules. And I say that's really bad style. So I created this link list: As a help for those who want help, and as a gentle reminder for newbies who might think they stand above such things.

I'll keep posting these links, hoping that at least some people will find them useful - and that less people will spam the wrong threads with questions. And that less people make (mostly unintentional) mistakes they might get modded for, which is never a good feeling.

Bye, A.

P.S. I changed the link list a bit and put the FAQ first.
            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I will, but I basically know all I need to know, and I'm not knew with the vBulletin, so I can manage as of yet.
              The FAQ is less about how to use the forum itself, but more about how to quote correctly and courteously, how to deal with spoilers, about rep points and file/picture and signature sizes. But if you know all that already, good for you.

Bye, A.

Comment

Greetings. As you can see I'm from Poland (not Holland:-)). My name is Jakub (Jacob in english). And if my language skills will be good enough, my posts should appear reularly here. You can ask, how it is, that SG1 isn't screend in polish TV and I'm great SG1 fan. It's brutal, but we are forced to use torrents. I don'y know who is responsible for this situation (MGM or polish distributors) but it can't be longer like that i realy dream about polish DVD, we're writing hundrets of letters, but there is no positive response. I hope in the near future it will be changed. Meanwhile I hope to find here some new friends and make my language skills better:-).
                My name is Olo - Hans Olo
                Sorry for my english, I'm not

Asgard Greetings: Greeting
                Borg Greetings: Lower your shields, Prepare to assimilate

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Olo PL
                  Greetings. As you can see I'm from Poland (not Holland:-)). My name is Jakub (Jacob in english). And if my language skills will be good enough, my posts should appear reularly here.
                  Welcome!!
                  Meanwhile I hope to find here some new friends and make my language skills better:-).
                  Yeah, posting here really helps a lot to improve your language skills. I'm writing in this forum for a little over a year now, and my English improved a lot in that time - especially concerning idioms and colloquial speech, which you cannot really learn in school. Very useful, this forum. And I'm sure you'll make new friends here, too.

Have fun posting here!

Bye, A.

Comment

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

What language do you speak Arlessiar?
                      German in everday life (I'm German), and other than that English because I love it, and a bit French and Danish.

Bye, A.

Comment

Hey Im chevron_9 and Im new to GateWorld. In fact Im pretty new to the whole Stargate thing, having caught onto the SG-1 series halfway during season 2. But Im learning fast (thanks to the GateWorld Omnipedia) and am currently watching season 6.

About me:
                        For the longest time I have been a large Jurassic Park fan and run my own fan webiste on it. To visit it click the link below:
                        http://www.jparchive.org
                        I live in England and I am nearing the age of 15. I chose the name chevron_9 after the failed username of chevron_7....somebody already had it
                        But then I picked chevron_9 because there are 9 chevrons on a stargate and nobody knows the purpose of the extra one.

So yeah, thats me.

Comment

Hi cheveron 9 you JP sites quite cool, im a fan myself in a general way, the first one was always the best, though the others were great films. I saw no 3 quite few times in the cinema
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

welcome immhotep
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'm new to this site and just join so I would like to say HI. I having been watching stargate from the time it first started and Love it. I will probably just be lurking for awhile until I get use to it in here.

Comment

Hello. I am HallowedRtheOri. I am a sailor in the United States Navy.

Hmm, what else is there to say?

Comment

Working...
                                X