This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    As I suspected, they did change the formula for it.

https://www.mccormick.com/lawrys/fla...eat-tenderizer

Perhaps it's something specific to me, but the current incarnation causes problems with my digestive tract. As I said above, I used it for many years, but i had apparently stopped before the change, and by the time I used it again, they had changed it, and it doesn't agree with me.

Damned idiots that run the company forgot a prime rule: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    well there is another tenderizer that uses elbow grease https://www.amazon.com/Westmark-Germ...-garden&sr=1-6

we have had one of these for the longest time 35+years my mom used it to make cube steak, pounded beef with gravy and onions essentially any way, I have used both kinds and even mixed both , eh, it is up to the individual, there is one thing you can do , I read that some people wash off the tenderizer before cooking, so you can try that if you want. I learned that you need to use a generous amount to season and tenderize the meat. as for me, I don't really care how tender it is as long as it tastes good, that smoky meaty juiciness that flows on to your taste buds and makes you go yummmm tongue0022.gif

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      I've never tried meat tenderizer before, I might see how it works for me.

Chicken, ground beef and pork are still selling at normal sale prices be me right now. I just bought ground beef for $3.49/lb and chicken leg quarters for 0.99/lb on sale at the supermarket. The steaks and roasts weren't on sale this week at the place I went (I went went to a chain supermarket right next door to where I work after I got out), but they seemed to be selling at normal non sale prices.
      well I don't know why it is so much more expensive for us, the cheapest I have found is 3.99-5 dollars a pound for ground beef from target and more expensive from other stores. I was able to find chicken at a decent price, a whole fryer that I had to cut up my self, I didn't mind, got to use what was left over to make chicken and rice soup so there is that.

Comment

Beef prices are up here, too. Any time there's a shortage, prices go up. Law of supply & demand. But it hasn't been too much of an increase.

Comment

Hi, I am Sean! Back in the 1990's my two favorite TV shows was SG-1 and X-Files. I use to dream about a possible crossover between SG-1 and X-files when fan support for the Cigarette Man became a "thing" and the subject of the N.I.D started up on SG-1. However, both shows over time went in different directions, and it became clear that SG-1 and X-files was never going to be a "crossover" thing. I hope to make friends on this forum as this site continues to grow.

Comment

Greetings. FH will be along to BBQ you shortly. What seasonings go well with you?

Comment

I'm here!

Stoking the fires, and getting the grill ready... Hello newbie!
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm Lili. I may have been lurking around your forum for quite a long time and finally decided to join in!
                I have been a fan of Stargate since the movie and recently, I have started binge-watching the show (for the umpteenth time) and it led me to go back to my favorite fics. And here I am, hoping to meet other crazy SG1 fans

Comment

We have to get these newb BBQ's spaced out better. Two BBQ's in a week is making FH work too hard.

What seasonings and sauces go well with you?

Oh, and welcome to the boards

Comment

Welcome new people!
                    sigpic

Comment

We can never have too many BBQ's...

Welcome!
                      Also, we're not crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        We can never have too many BBQ's...

Welcome!
                        Also, we're not crazy...
                        Says you!

Comment

Hello, Gateworld! Newbie here, who loves Stargate, and can't wait to meet other fans!!

Comment

You must meet the BBQ first. Our chief cook & bottle washer, FH will be along soon.
                            What seasonings go well with you?

ps: Welcome to the boards looney bin.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerNinja View Post
                              Hello, Gateworld! Newbie here, who loves Stargate, and can't wait to meet other fans!!
                              *fires up the BBQ*

Please, be aware that social distancing is mandatory now... so please stay one staffweapon apart from one another. Food will be served -- NO TOUCHING OF ANYTHING except for your own plate and fork.

Anywho... Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                What seasonings go well with you?
                                I can suggest the classic roasted, mature Goa'uld symbiote. It has got a nice metallic flavour which is caused by the naquadah. Only disadvantage is that they are quite slippery and they jump out into hosts from the frying pan.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X