This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jello everyone.

I did see the Stargate movie when it was first released in cinemas.
    However, I'd say I became an official fan when the tv series was released.

Stargate Atlantis is my favorite SG series, mostly because I like water themed sci-fi and well, Atlantis is floating on an ocean nearly every episode!
    Additionally, the Ancients/Alterans are my favorite SG culture, so it was extra enjoyable to have a series all about them.

I really wanted to play Stargate Worlds, but unfortunately that mmo was never launched publicly.
    I even had joined a clan, invented my first character and a backstory for that character prepared for launch day!
    The primary motivation for wanting to play SGW was that it would have been a gameplay replacement for my first mmo Tabula Rasa (also sci-fi).

I am a general long term sci-fi fan, starting with Doctor Who in the eighties, followed afterward by Star Trek in the nineties.
    As time went on, I added a few more franchises to my favorites list.

Ironically, I discovered this forum by searching for a Dark Matter forum and the first quality match led me here.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      If I knew what you meant by a tinkle I would know what to answer...
      A bit of plinky plinky plonk plonk (Hello Hello reference) or it could mean a pee, but I definately meant a play on my keys..........this is getting worse
      sigpic

Comment

Then it's time for the barbeque
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Hiii! Finally i came to this thread. As i repeated in another posts (because i didn't know where to write that xD) i arrived here because of the Official Stargate Podcast that was moderated by David Read. And i found about that because i'm following the official fan site in facebook.

My name is Mariana but lot of people call me Nozomi. I'm from Uruguay. I'm an illustrator and animator, i worked for animation advertising, and now i'm working in video games.

When I was a kid I met Stargate when i was watching cartoons, because my uncle - to annoy me - hide on the other side of the window and change the channel to MGM when they were broadcasting Stargate SG-1. I tried to change the channel but always stucked in MGM so I started to watched Stargate SG-1 and I loved it. But i didn't follow it because i didn't watch to much tv.

Some years ago, i watched Stargate movie just because, i really like it and want more of Stargate so i decided i wanted to watch the series from the beggining and that turn in a sort of obsession. Then i watched Atlantis and i loved it too.

And then i started to watch SGU but... well, i have to confess i didn't like it too much. I mean, It looks like they decide to take seriously the scene in "200" episode where there were all teenagers. Also was a bit strange the change from auto-conclusive (idk if english speakers use that word, i couldn't find a good translation) episode series, to truly serialized episodes. Now i'm a bit used to that kind of series (i watched BGS, for example) i think i can watch again SGU and enjoy it properly.

Well, i was in need for more and more Stargate, and started with that podcast, and know i am here and hearing all the intervews that are in GW youtube channel while i'm working.

Hope it's ok the long presentation, I always write too much xD
          Love this forum. Hope i'm staying.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Then it's time for the barbeque
            That's a pretty good trick. Lighting the BBQ before the newbie posts.
            Nozomi, would you prefer to be BBQ'ed with hot sauce or mild?

Welcome to the jungle boards.

Comment

I want to use a terryaki marinade
              Jelgate is right

Comment

and I prefer to use a sweet chili garlic sauce

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                  A bit of plinky plinky plonk plonk (Hello Hello reference) or it could mean a pee, but I definately meant a play on my keys..........this is getting worse
                  I just remembered that there's a line in a Frozen song when the rock trolls sing about Kristof to Anna:

"...tinkles in the woods..."

By which is meant that Kristof goes off into the wood to pee.

Buuuut... I understand it's the pling plong tinkling on the piano now.
                  There was a guy playin in King's Cross Station yesterday. Man, he was good. Though I didn't get to listen long as I was actually in the process of nearly missing my train home.

Originally posted by Tilarta View Post
                  Jello everyone.
                  NOOOOOOOOB to put on the BB...

Hi! Welcome to the jungle... board... I meant board.

...Q!!
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Nozomi, would you prefer to be BBQ'ed with hot sauce or mild?

Welcome to the jungle boards.
                    hot sauce, please!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Buuuut... I understand it's the pling plong tinkling on the piano now.

Hi! Welcome to the jungle... board... I meant board.
                      I thought the phrase was "tickling the ivories".

Jungle and board, I guess we are playing Jumanji then.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilarta View Post
                        I thought the phrase was "tickling the ivories".
                        I have no idea -- but that sounds kinda nice.

Must be an English phrase thing -- I'm not a native speaker.

Comment

But you are a native eater since we are going to eat her
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

That I am.

Comment

For context, the white keys on pianos used to be made from ivory, which is where the term originated.

For the record, I am male and my username is my surname.
                              Don't worry, it happens a lot.
                              Someone once explained to me that names heavy in vowels, especially if they end in A is interpreted as feminine.

Comment

Its okay. At the BBQ we eat both men and women
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X