X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is my first post on here so im just saying hi

Comment

Hello new people
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Hello, I'm a long time viewer of Stargate. My friend introduced it to me ages ago when the movie came out on VHS and he let me borrow it. It used to be tough for me to catch the episodes because of kids and work hours but now with the recent build of a MCE powered PC I can record all the episodes for later viewing. In fact that's how I came across this site, I was compressing and archiving all the episodes I had watched so far and was looking for a site with info on episode #'s and season placement. Looks like your a very friendly community and I hope I can contribute somthing.

Comment

Hello I am fan of stargate for some time already. I think GW is the most complete website about stargate, and as I am French it would be well to practise my english comprehension and expression with stargate.

Comment

Hello and Welcome to all new members of GateWorld

one thing to remeber the MODs are everywhere you cannot hide so play nice and....do stuff such as post everywhere!

See you on the other side!

Comment

Welcome guys
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Hi all!

I just signed up here a few days ago and I think this is a great forum! I've posted some replies to threads and have already started one.

I liked the Stargate movie and once I saw some episodes from the series I became a Stargate fan. I'm not just into Stargate, I'm into other sci-fi geners like Star Wars, Babylon 5, Star Trek and the new Battlestar Galactica series.

I'm also interested in other things outside of sci-fi like history and drawing.

Comment

Hey everyone! I joined the forum some odd days ago...I just never posted anything yet. I always try to get the 'flow' or 'style' of the forum first. I also have a pet peeve about people on forums posting or asking the same questions over and over again in new postings...so I try to read more and post later.

I guess I should say something about myself. Okay...I'm Gizmo (though I do go by agent_spacemonkey mainly--didn't get it from SG1 I swear! It's a combo of a nicknames...one that my family gave me when I was 3 or 4 and another where my friends gave me in jr. high/high school...though imagine my suprise when it happened on an episode though! ) However I thought too many people would get the wrong idea if I used agent_spacemonkey, so I used another nickname and hobbie of mine: Gizmo. I love to push different buttons and toying around with gadgets/gizmos/tech. My dad says it comes from him being an engineer and always having a "lab" where I would watch and continually ask "daddy what's that?". Who else can say they watched build and tested their father's electronic typewriter from scratch?

I'm currently 24 and split my time between two different Washingtons (DC and the actual state--my home state) in the US. Um, my love of Sci-Fi began probably with my love of toying around with new tech stuff...but my first official beginnings I believe comes from when my parents bought me a Star Wars novel after I read the description and thought it would be a fun read (I'm a SUPER BIG reader of pretty much anything that catches my fancy and multipule books at a time)...that began my offical love of Star Wars. Stargate started with the actual movie my friend showed it to me at her house when it came out on video (she loved the movie)...and then I heard somewhere and somehow they were turning it in to episodic tv...so I caught it the first time it hit syndication. Like many people here, my favorite characters are Jackson and McKay (though Beckett and Zelenka are up there too). I love the smart underdogs...go figure. They also remind of some of my friends (and a some bits of myself ). SG1 is great, but I'm avidly watching SGA excited to see the direction they (the producers/writers and actors) are taking it. Ever since high school I loved the stuff behind the screen (writing my own scripts and using an old camcorder to "produce" them), and actually being able to build sets from...pretty much from scratch during college for different university plays every 3 months. Funny enough though, I graduated from college with a major in Political Science (where I have to say there are many 'McKays' types ).

What else...geez, I've said so much already. Oh, it's so cool to watch Tyla use double sticks to fight 'cause one of my closests friend and I took Arnis fighting classes a year or two ago...imagine two girls who are about 5' and 5'1 fighting HUGE tall "built" guys in sparing/practice sessions! Yeah, we were the only girls in a class of 12-15. Self defense classes are mass fun! In the words of my friend: "padded [practice] sticks aren't really padded." as we see bruises/welts form and trying to shake it off. It is also fun to watch SG1/SGA and a bunch of other sci-fi shows and spot all of the places I've been and seen in Vancouver, BC (a popular roadtrip destination with my family).

So there you have it! It's long, I apologize.

Gizmo
                  "Why is it in nearly all sci-fi shows there has to be at least one character who wears orange cargo pants?"
                  Last edited by Gizmo; 27 August 2005, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Hi I'm new, obviously

I'm from VA and love Stargate (obviously or I wouldn't be here)
                    I'm 18 and I'm in love with Daniel He's my favorite charracter. Then my mind races who is my second fav. character - Sam or Jack
                    Let's see.. my credit card number is ....... jk
                    well anyways, hope it's fun in here and stuff

Comment

Hi guys, I´m Jesus, from Venezuela.
                      I´m 25 and my favorite character is Ronon

Comment

Welcome new people
                        love Torri

Comment

Welcome to everyone!!! Its awsome to be seeing so many new faces around here. And Erised, I'm sorry but I just have to ask----did you get your name from the Mirror of Erised from Harry Potter?

"Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on whosi."
                          Well, most of us were at work here...

The five J's of Stargate: Jack, Janet, Jonas, Jacob, Jackson!!!
                          In memorium: Whistler84 and Atteria...may you always be remembered.

Comment

Welcome everyone!

Have fun here at GW and post lots!
                            Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
                            Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Hello and Welcome I am S.G.C, one thing to rember when in the off-topic area of the site be aware this is where we crazy people post *a lot*

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderqueen
                                Welcome to everyone!!! Its awsome to be seeing so many new faces around here. And Erised, I'm sorry but I just have to ask----did you get your name from the Mirror of Erised from Harry Potter?

"Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on whosi."
                                I sure did! I'm obsessed.. but I didn't want a username Hermione or Ginny or I_Luv_Harry.. so I chose something that sounded good

Comment

Working...
                                X