X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt that - you probably had to purchase the stomach pump outright
    sigpic

Comment

Well when you are passed out on the ground, medical staff will take you regardless of money
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

But only until your life isn't in danger anymore....unlike up here where they'd still admit you and treat you.
        Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Meaghan View Post
          But only until your life isn't in danger anymore....unlike up here where they'd still admit you and treat you.
          Indeed.. If I had to pay hospital bills I would owe hundreds of thousands of pounds by now..

When I go to the hospital I stay until they make the pain stop... They can't cure what's wrong with me

Comment

Myth
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Which part? I only had to pay for a pain med prescription when I went in for surgery up here....
              Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

My most recent surgery didn't cost anything.. And I left with three boxes of pills..

I had a lot more pills after the first surgery.. And a two week stay in the hospital.. Didn't pay anything

Comment

The part about not treating you.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Really? I had heard that hospitals accepting medicare had to at least make sure you weren't going to die but weren't obligated to treat anything other than that if you couldn't pay.

Comment

Depends on the condition
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Really? I had heard that hospitals accepting medicare had to at least make sure you weren't going to die but weren't obligated to treat anything other than that if you couldn't pay.
                        They can't turn away uninsured for life saving matters. As for Medicare/Medicaid, that essentially is insurance coverage. They have to accept it for everything it covers, which isn't just life-or-death matters.

That's my understanding from across the pond.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

That makes sense, Britta....knew it was something like that.

I do prefer our system here.

Comment

That makes sense, Britta....knew it was something like that.

I do prefer our system here.
                            My politics sensors are going off. Someone wrap her in tin foil.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              My politics sensors are going off. Someone wrap her in tin foil.
                              Which one's the politics extinguisher? Is it the one with the tinfoil shavings in an ire-retardant foam?

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Just try until something works
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X