This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    Then perhaps we should also have the free green thread closed down...?
    I am going to say no there is no reason to close this thread as there are many that enjoy playing in there and doing what they do in there. If you personally do not enjoy doing the same as they then I would just bypass the thread

This would be my recommendation for pretty much any thread you or anyone else has no interest in
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

what is, or will be the new avatar maximum size?
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Inquiring minds want to know.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          Hi all,

Here's a quicky run-down of some of the forum changes we're kicking off in 2009:
          • Community Vision Statement. This is the biggest change, since it reflects the fact that we are trying to change the overall tone of our online home. Thanks again to everyone who participated in the discussion.

• User Ranks. Instead of being "Jaffa Fodder" you've now joined the ranks of the U.S. Air Force as a "Second Lieutenant." Good job! Your user rank appears on all posts (and your profile) directly below your name, and is based on the number of posts you have made (excluding the Off-Topic folder).

• No Negative Reps. To the chagrin of some and rejoicing of others, we have chosen to disable the red reputation votes. Instead, we encourage you to use the Reputation system to give someone a pat on the back and a vote of confidence. (The Rep system is for fun, and doesn't affect your forum status or access to any features.)

• Bigger Avatars! You asked (begged, pleased, demanded, threatened), and we heard you. Bigger user avatars are coming just as soon as we get them uploaded.

• No Character Bashing, Please. We've added a new rule for the forum:
            Every main character and cast member has a devoted fan following, so it's not conducive to the atmosphere we want to foster to outright bash one of the show's main characters. You can criticize a character to your heart's content, but please keep it constructive and tactful, and avoid outright hate.

• New Moderators! We're still working on this one, but we're hoping to make some announcements soon.

• ... More to come? We're always open to your suggestions.

Enjoy 2009 at GateWorld!
          I think those are very positive changes. I think you have done a great job running these forums and deserve a big pat on the back for wanting to keep improving things here!
          Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Inquiring minds will have to wait till the new avs (and template sizes) are ready and announced by Darren .
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Avvie I am sorry I thought Darren had put that info in here .... he will soon
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                Inquiring minds will have to wait till the new avs (and template sizes) are ready and announced by Darren .
                You demand patience! That's...that's...why that's crazy talk!!

I knew the power would get to you....

sigpic

Comment

ROTFL !
                  I demand nothing ,really.I ask nicely and follow folk around till they make me go away.

Comment

ROTFL !
                    I demand nothing ,really.I ask nicely and follow folk around till they make me go away.

and why would we want to make ou go away?
                    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

To make sure your food is safe ?

Comment

ROTFL !
                        Can we mark this day as the first in your slow deterioration into a power hungry megalomaniac? *angelic smile*
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Possibly...

Comment

When Darren gets them uploaded and he gets the changes made. He will announce it as well

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                              When Darren gets them uploaded and he gets the changes made. He will announce it as well
                              (i reread the first post and deleted the one i just posted)
                              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                              sigpic

Comment

I just hope the forum doesn't become a "kinder, gentler, forum". I mean part of what makes GW so fun is its diversity. It's diversity of opinions, etc. I see that changing now. What concerns me is if the rules are too strict, it's going to feel like a prison and if you do something wrong, you're going to get sent to segregation for it.

I'm just talking here but I guess what I don't understand about the new No Character bashing rule is that the character is not real. It's a character. Simply that. You're not bashing the actor....it's the character. You can hate a character but not the actor. Take Jewel for example....I love Jewel and loved her past characters but I cant stand Keller. Does that mean I no longer like Jewel? No, of course not. It means I simply do not like that particular character.

Characters are only the figment of a writers imagination. Yes they are brought to life so to speak by the actor but still, it's only a character. I understand no repeating of "I hate so and so" when referring to a character. But lets get real, characters are fake.

I guess what I want to know...can you say you hate a character if you give a good reason? I'm still confused by that and I'm sure others are too. What if you give a good reason of hating a character and that reason is bashed for being negative when you're only stating an opinion? What about saying I love so and so repeatedly with out giving a reason why you love them? Like they say, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Just my random thoughts....
                                Last edited by kali1; 06 January 2009, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X