This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candidates for folders of their own

This thread is to solicit SUGGESTIONS for new fall shows that could be given their own folder. Please make your suggstion below after you consider the usual criteria:

A new show. One of the main reasons for a folder is that the shows be new and currently or soon to be in production.

A scifi genre show. I know this is a wide definition but...the show needs a scifi type of turn to it

Darren agrees. He's da boss thus his word is final

So far some suggestions are:

Candidates (new and newish series):

Fringe
    Knight Rider
    Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
    Pushing Daisies

... others?
    Dollhouse
    11.62%
    Fringe
    14.14%
    Pushing Daisies
    7.07%
    Supernatural
    26.26%
    Terminator
    31.31%
    Eureka
    9.60%
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

but also allow members to discuss the past movies in the same folder (in the form of threads)
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post

but also allow members to discuss the past movies in the same folder (in the form of threads)
      Ditto. Especially considering the new movie to be released next year.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Fringe, premiered this week and looks great.

Comment

Fringe and Terminator obvious. Dollhouse?
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post

Ditto
            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

I was thinking Supernatural, which already has several threads in the general scifi fantasy folder.

Comment

I vote for TSCC too Fringe huh too soon I think
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I've added a poll to this thread. You can vote for as many shows as you'd like, and if there are more suggestions we can add them!

This is NOT a guarantee that the top vote-getter(s) will get a folder, but I am curious about the interest level. If the top vote-getter gets hundreds of votes, I don't see any reason not to do it!
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I voted for TSCC Dollhouse and Fringe
                    sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I voted for terminator (since Terminator could be all encompassing of past movies, current tv show, and future movies). I would vote for the other's but being as how I haven't seen them, I don't feel it right.

Comment

err, sif delete my comment? Remove the old shows that don't even on any more before you add new ones... Otherwise the list will end up being over 9000 forums long. cbf scrolling past all that.

Comment

I went for Supernatural (since it has several threads already) and Dollhouse. A Whedon product will invariably attract attention.

I'd hold off on Fringe for now and see if it really catches on. The pilot ep annoyed the snot out of me and while I'm hopeful things will improve I'm also a bit dubious. I also wonder just how much "fringe" national audiences are willing to accept.

Comment

Definitely Supernatural. The show is now in it's 4th season, and I think it deserves it's own folder.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                              err, sif delete my comment? Remove the old shows that don't even on any more before you add new ones... Otherwise the list will end up being over 9000 forums long. cbf scrolling past all that.
                              i am sure, as interest wanes, Darren will think up criteria to deleting old folders....one of which i could think could be no posts in the folder at all for weeks/months.

However, we're not there yet so thanks for the suggestion, but right now we're focusing on which new fall shows to add.

thanks
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X