This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Due to a severe spam attack a couple years ago, these rules had to be put in place.

But it means that this forum is a spam-free place, except for the occasional pic spams in which fangirls/boys drool over their objects of adoration.
    Ah, I see. That sucks. I've not used a forum since 2011, so am a tad rusty. Didn't even occur to me that there would be one for Stargate. Stupid, I know. I feel like I've missed out on so much. Oh well, making up for lost time by attending AT9 this year, yeehaw!

Comment

I'm not a newbie but still have to wait to be removed from probie status. I had another name.

Comment

You know, it's getting really frustrating that I can't exactly enjoy the site by personalizing my profile despite making maybe 15 posts and (in my opinion, given the nature of my posts), proving that I'm not a bot or a trouble-maker. It's even more frustrating that I don't have the ability to be active in groups I wanna join, and that's part of the point of being on here, right? Making friends and contributing to the things you're interested in or have opinions on? And NO ONE has been able to tell me how many posts I have to make to be out of probation. Also (and I know this sounds really unbelievable), but I cannot for the life of me find the PM link as the FAQ describes it...it's simply not at the top of the page near my "welcome box". Can a mod please address these concerns? I know this message is gonna be reviewed by one before anyone else sees it...
        www.soundcloud.com/redun

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          You need to post maybe 10 or 15 posts before you can be off probie status.
          ...doesn't seem to be the case with me
          www.soundcloud.com/redun

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
            I'm not a newbie but still have to wait to be removed from probie status. I had another name.
            If you can let me know the details for your old account (username or email) we can restore it.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Todd the Wraith Worshipper View Post
              You know, it's getting really frustrating that I can't exactly enjoy the site by personalizing my profile despite making maybe 15 posts and (in my opinion, given the nature of my posts), proving that I'm not a bot or a trouble-maker. It's even more frustrating that I don't have the ability to be active in groups I wanna join, and that's part of the point of being on here, right? Making friends and contributing to the things you're interested in or have opinions on? And NO ONE has been able to tell me how many posts I have to make to be out of probation. Also (and I know this sounds really unbelievable), but I cannot for the life of me find the PM link as the FAQ describes it...it's simply not at the top of the page near my "welcome box". Can a mod please address these concerns? I know this message is gonna be reviewed by one before anyone else sees it...
              Answered on the Welcome New Members thread.
              Pms I think come up as an option once you get past Probie.

Originally posted by Todd the Wraith Worshipper View Post
              ...doesn't seem to be the case with me
              That figure gets changed around from time to time by the owner, so bear with us for a bit longer!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                If you can let me know the details for your old account (username or email) we can restore it.
                I can't message anyone yet...

Comment

Brb!

ETA: Should've worked.Can you try again please?
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 21 April 2016, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Sorted! You'll now be able to use your "old" Account!

Comment

Sorted! You'll now be able to use your "old" Account!
                      So, how much dust did you blow off it in order to make it presentable again?
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        So, how much dust did you blow off it in order to make it presentable again?
                        That old dust ate the post count...

Comment

Everything is fixed

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                            Everything is fixed
                            You clearly passed by lost&found...
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Answered on the Welcome New Members thread.
                              Pms I think come up as an option once you get past Probie.

That figure gets changed around from time to time by the owner, so bear with us for a bit longer!
                              Thanks for the response. So now why is the number of my posts so low when it's over 20 now by my count (and that's a modest estimate). I thought it was about proving you're not a bot or here to spam...I am absolutely certain that if anyone looked at the content of my posts, they'd see that I'm making conscientious replies/comments with thought put into them that no bot could make or anyone who goes to sites for nefarious advert purposes would have the time for.
                              www.soundcloud.com/redun

Comment

Like for example, ScifigirlSG1 joined in April 2016, is showing 12 posts and has the ability to add a profile pic. I have well over 20 posts, am only showing 10 (until the last and this get approved) and I joined in Dec 2015. Does not make any sense to me whatsoever...
                                www.soundcloud.com/redun

Comment

Working...
                                X