Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would appear that you're out of Probie status. As for the rank "Probie" under your name, that's a separate thing. It's connected to post count. You'll reach the next rank at 25 posts (see: X-treme Guide to GateWorld (for newbies))

Ranks don't really mean anything though, they're just a bit of fun.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
      It would appear that you're out of Probie status. As for the rank "Probie" under your name, that's a separate thing. It's connected to post count. You'll reach the next rank at 25 posts (see: X-treme Guide to GateWorld (for newbies))

Ranks don't really mean anything though, they're just a bit of fun.
      Ah, I see. Good to know! So that didn't take too long to get out of the Probie status.
      Thanks a lot for the information!

Comment

It's putting me off from considering to post anymore. What's the point if nobody can read you. I have to write 20 messages in order to prove I am a human being and not some spambot? *sigh*

Really sucks, because I wanted to ask some interesting questions on the show and movie. But oh well... Just got to go somewhere else that has Stargate fans to be heard.

Comment

Your posts were cleared.Did you read your intro e-mails or did they not go through to your In-Box?

Edit/update: your post/my reply (Ask the Moderators)
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 26 November 2015, 12:44 PM.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by The Eye of Ra View Post
            It's putting me off from considering to post anymore. What's the point if nobody can read you. I have to write 20 messages in order to prove I am a human being and not some spambot? *sigh*
            It became a necessary evil for newbies after a major spam-attack on the forum. You'll be off newbie-status soon enough.

Please don't stay away - we welcome new blood with open arms (and not just for eatin' ).
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thanks I just found out I can now post. I wanted to hold off encase I ended up double posting.

Comment

Well I activated the code now, should my messages be cleared now without mods?

Nope looks like my account is flagged as a bot for some reason. Used the links: Action Required to Activate Membership for GateWorld Forum.

Says it's active, but my posts are still required to be cleared by mods. Looks like it's broken.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                It became a necessary evil for newbies after a major spam-attack on the forum. You'll be off newbie-status soon enough.

Please don't stay away - we welcome new blood with open arms (and not just for eatin' ).
                If a Wraith approaches me, they will be in for a big surprise. >=D

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...843d7c70fb.gif
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 November 2015, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Probie Status: posts need to be cleared.
                  Re activation: the mails are defunct once you validate your account.If you weren't "valid" you wouldn't be able to post at all.

Whilst you're on the Probie stage ,check out the threads in this section for pic-posting etc.That'll save you time later.

Edit: I forgot to link you to the Welcome New Members! thread.

Beware of the Cookies...and the bacon-obsessed.
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 November 2015, 10:29 AM. Reason: Updated with a linkie.
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by The Eye of Ra View Post
                    If a Wraith approaches me, they will be in for a big surprise. >=D

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...843d7c70fb.gif
                    Bring it on, newbie!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Bring it on, newbie!

I must warn you, as a Goa'uld, I now possess the strength of many men. *Eyes glow* >

Comment

I can't even edit my profile

Comment

Originally posted by Tams View Post
                          That's probie-status for you. Be patient and soon you'll be able to.

Comment

You need to post maybe 10 or 15 posts before you can be off probie status.

Comment

I figured as much - darn. But, hello!

Comment

I figured as much - darn. But, hello!
                                Due to a severe spam attack a couple years ago, these rules had to be put in place.

But it means that this forum is a spam-free place, except for the occasional pic spams in which fangirls/boys drool over their objects of adoration.

Comment

Working...
                                X