Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh.. Didn't notice. I shouldn't have called you Lincoln. I missinterpreted the avatar. I won't be so inadvertent in the future. I also shoudn't so much off topic, so i will say something on to try fixing my mistakes.

Clever job with the probies. Even if spammers hadn't existed, this still would have been ideea because when you are at the begginig you may make errors like i did and we could be excused giving our ranks
    sigpic

Comment

I don't watch stargate :/ did I join the wrong website... Anyway add me people I'll still post on things I know or have questions about

Comment

Re-post.

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Probies who've joined very recently : currently because of problems with the E-mailing system ( See the "Ask the Moderators" and "Downtime?" threads) you MAY not have recieved your registration e-mails,but whether or not you recieved them,you'll find your accounts have been validated manually.

Please keep the Username /Password you used to register and we'll help you get started ( if you haven't begun posting already,of course!)

For details of what "Probie" means/entails : Post #1

Bagpuss.
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

FORUM MAILER

Greg's found the source of the problem and repairs will be done very soon.We don't have an exact time-frame,but he may need to take the site/forums offline sometime during Friday or Saturday.

IF we get a more exact time,we'll post an update here and to the Alphasite/Twitter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update: fixed.
          TY to Greg ( our SysAdmin) for all the time he spent last Saturday and today to get everything back to normal.
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 November 2013, 05:53 AM.

Comment

At least promotion from Probie is quicker and a lot more simpler than Carters promotion from Captain to Major lol.

Comment

Whoa I see now!
              226927 Spammers Denied Registration according to front page!
              Keep that Iris closed

Comment

How long does it take to move up in rank? And if I want to say that I am selling something where/how do I do that?

Comment

There's no set time or number of posts that get you past the *Probie status ( See post 1),and if you read the pm I sent ,the right place is SG -1 Merchandise.

* If you instead mean the number of posts needed to have the title under your username change and need other info,here's a useful link : X-treme Guide to GateWorld (for newbies)

Comment

Thank you! 2 more questions, When and how can I send pm's? And how do I start a new thread?

Thanks

Comment

You're very welcome!!

PMs : once you get past Probie you can go right ahead and access everything and use PM.

How to start a thread -> SG-1 Merchandise ,click on the "Post New Thread" button at the top of that section-> Give your thread a title,list out what you're selling with a link to ebay,Paypal or whatever -> look at the bottom of the posting box to "Preview Post"- if you think it looks ok,click on "Submit New Thread."

For now that thread will go in the moderation queue,but I'll be around for a while ,so I'll clear it asap.

Comment

Thanks! I'll do that.

Comment

Righto,and good luck!

Comment

I made the thread. Thank you very much!

Comment

TY for the TY!

Thread's up and tagged.All you need to add is your e-bay name or a link.

Comment

No, thank you. I will ad my ebay name. Anything else that I should know about gateworld?

Comment

Working...
                                X