Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a newby I understand and am willing to play by the rules.
    I look forward to the time when I can have a wee pic by my name, it will be a badge of honour!
    sigpic

Comment

I think what's happened is that you saved your control panel settings a tad too soon.

Hmmmm.I'm going to try something....

ETA : It worked.I hope you like the John Sheppard avatar.

If not,though ,we can try again next time you're online.

(When you get past "Probie" moderation,you can choose between many other Avs till you get to around 2000 posts and are able to have a personal "Custom" avatar.)
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 25 September 2012, 01:38 AM.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

how do I get to thnk ppl? ive got all thse lovly mesages in my notices thing but i dont know how to respond, is it cos im still a probie?

Comment

Yes.You'll be able to return the messages etc at some point,but for now, that won't be possible.

Comment

thnx Bagpuss *hugs* awesome!!!!!!

Comment

Y'welcome!

Comment

Just got.promoted, and I have to say it was no inconvenience at all, thanks guys, I do most of my stuff through my phone so I'm of to use my bros computer to put up my profile detail..... Glad to be a part of the team...
                Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

This does explain a bit. I haven't been a member anywhere else where something similar was in place. It probably won't kill me... maybe.

Comment

Perfectly understandable
                    Leela: "Fry, this isn't TV. It's real life. Can't you tell the difference?" Fry: "Sure. I just like TV better."

Comment

Oh, thanks for the info Bagpuss. I'm still trying to wrap my head around your name
                      Leela: "Fry, this isn't TV. It's real life. Can't you tell the difference?" Fry: "Sure. I just like TV better."

Comment

I guess it makes sense to have these kinds of rules, although I thought it was a lil sad I couldn't post a pic for my profile right off.

Comment

This is another good reason to be more active to me here

It confuses a bit but since I have been reading this posts before I clicked to sign up, so I knew it would be like that.
                          I enjoy being here already, being a "Probie" does not spoil the fun at all, at least in my opinion

Comment

For those who wonder if the "Probie" status is required, a glance at the Spamomatic Statistics at the bottom of the forum front page proves it's use.

As of today there have been 57570 Spammers denied registration since March 2011. And these are just the ones the system catches. There are always a few that slip through the net, and the Probie status gives the mods the chance to catch them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, as another new "probie" who gets tons of spam email each day, I think this is the only fair and reasonable way to stop the spammers.

Besides, I've come here to enjoy myself, so I'm off to do some exploring, and find my way around the boards.

Cate
                              sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

It sounds good, and it is probably necessary, but it makes it difficult for those of us who want to play Aftermath. You begin the game by PMing the guy in charge, but I can't PM until I post. However, the only posting I had in mind was the game; that's why I signed up. The system is probably a good thing, but it's a little annoying while I wait. Thanks for working so hard on the site, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X