Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say that, until such time that we come up with written standards for the usage of tags, the appropriateness of a tag will be determined by the moderator who sees it, and they will delete as they see fit.

And, for those that are having fun turning the tags into editorial comments and snarky results, the punishment will be at a moderator's discretion.

Tags should be simple, logical and dispassionate. They should not be opinions, rude or cutting remarks or other bits of inappropriateness.

The tag system is supposed to be a tool to allow newbies to find their way around, and a newbie, by definition, won't know a sparky from a spanky from a whatever .

Don't make them cryptic.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ok i love these new features...constomising my profile page,way cool,social groups,too cool but you do realise that it's gonna be even harder to leave here now......It was hard before but now i just don't wanna leave.....heh who needs sleep anyway sleep is so overrated
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        You cannot remove or hide items from your Reputation list. They'll just continue to bump down and off the list as you receive new Rep.

Yep. It is an ex-parrot.
        No more classic skin?? Oh poor classic I will miss you old friend......We are gathered here.......
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          I will say, if people abuse the tag system, not only will you be facing moderation, we will investigate the possibilty of tags being added by mods only.
          Well, I say, stop investigating and implement it already. Most threads aren't tagged anyway, and those that are are usually the...well, you guys would know which thread they are, and there has already been plenty of abuse.

I mean, "stinky socks"? What does that have to do with anything?

Comment

I still say the person or persons who tagged my thread need to be banned for life.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Well, I say, stop investigating and implement it already. Most threads aren't tagged anyway, and those that are are usually the...well, you guys would know which thread they are, and there has already been plenty of abuse.

I mean, "stinky socks"? What does that have to do with anything?
              I think some people need a good dose of humor.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The tags aren't meant to be funny, as far as I know; they're meant to be useful.

Besides, having both anti-elizabeth and pro-elizabeth tagged in 1 single thread is just...strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  I will say that, until such time that we come up with written standards for the usage of tags, the appropriateness of a tag will be determined by the moderator who sees it, and they will delete as they see fit.

And, for those that are having fun turning the tags into editorial comments and snarky results, the punishment will be at a moderator's discretion.

Tags should be simple, logical and dispassionate. They should not be opinions, rude or cutting remarks or other bits of inappropriateness.

The tag system is supposed to be a tool to allow newbies to find their way around, and a newbie, by definition, won't know a sparky from a spanky from a whatever .

Don't make them cryptic.
                  So common sense isn't an option then?

Comment

The tags aren't meant to be funny, as far as I know; they're meant to be useful.
                    True, but stinky socks is a valid one for the anti-threads...IMHO of course.

Besides, having both anti-elizabeth and pro-elizabeth tagged in 1 single thread is just...strange.
                    Shows the tolerance of the thread...there's nothing strange about that, if you ask me.

Comment

Has the Tag function been deactivated? I don't even know how to make new Tags. All I did was add an exsisting tag for the Season 5 compliments thread. It was a tag to the "When Season 5 will premiere". That makes sense right? Nothing vile about that. People praising the show will likely want to know when the new season will air.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        Has the Tag function been deactivated? I don't even know how to make new Tags. All I did was add an exsisting tag for the Season 5 compliments thread. It was a tag to the "When Season 5 will premiere". That makes sense right? Nothing vile about that. People praising the show will likely want to know when the new season will air.
                        I think the tags have been disabled, as there's no edit function anymore on any of the threads. I wonder if the VB 3.7 upgrade comes with a play pen to?

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                          I wonder if the VB 3.7 upgrade comes with a play pen to?
                          A what?

Comment

Well, it looks like the adding-tag function has been disabled for us mere mortals.

Good.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                              I think the tags have been disabled, as there's no edit function anymore on any of the threads. I wonder if the VB 3.7 upgrade comes with a play pen to?
                              LOL, well I think the Tags should be moderated. We sorta got an insult in the Compliments and Praise thread last night. There was a Tag called "Joe Mallozzi Worshipers". LOL, yeah like we all have a shrine and pray to it.
                              sigpic

Comment

the abuse with the tags are exactly why we are not allowed to have custom titles

thank you to who ever turned them off (tags)
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X