This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col. Newman View Post
    Why did you flip the "View Forum Moderators Mark ALL Forums Read " links around on the main index?
    Pure preference. And I think the mods list is a little bit more likely to be clicked on.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      Pure preference. And I think the mods list is a little bit more likely to be clicked on.
      hopefully I won't click on Mark ALL Forums Read by mistake

O and the Quick Link problem doesn't happen on my vB 3.7 board BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        the 'who's online' and the search were turned off in an attempt to ease server strain caused by the VB 3.7 bug.
        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        SQUASH IT!!!
        Put Shep in front of it.

*runs and hides*

Comment

Will the search function be permanently gone? Just that I can forsee a bunch of threads that are repeated by newbies who can't even search to see if their thread is already covered (as opposed to those who don't bother to search at all). Trust me, it wasn't so long ago that I was a noob. I can remember how much you want to make your mark, so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by LostCityGuardian View Post
            Will the search function be permanently gone? Just that I can forsee a bunch of threads that are repeated by newbies who can't even search to see if their thread is already covered (as opposed to those who don't bother to search at all). Trust me, it wasn't so long ago that I was a noob. I can remember how much you want to make your mark, so to speak.
            Search will of course return -- this is a temporary measure.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=6396
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

This has been answered in the Ask the mods thread. Some of the functions are disabled due to some difficulties. This is just temporary. Things will get back to normal .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                This has been answered in the Ask the mods thread. Some of the functions are disabled due to some difficulties. This is just temporary. Things will get back to normal .
                Thanks. So much for saying that newbies don't read around and then I go and make the same dumb mistake. Good one on my part.

Comment

Thanks. So much for saying that newbies don't read around and then I go and make the same dumb mistake. Good one on my part.

Did not mean to offend. I am sorry if I conveyed that message. We are in the same boat, you see me asking things left and right without noticing they have been answered .

Comment

Nice job with the upgrades. I haven't had any issues yet, everything has been working fine. Heaps of fun as well
                    sigpic

Comment

the "who's online" feature is back. (for now, at least)

Comment

It is indeed. The names are scrambled,but that's a mere piffle .WTG Greg !
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

As far as I can tell, "Forum Tools" should be the same as it used to be. It is located on all pages that list threads (not inside threads themselves), to the right of the "New Threads" button at the top.

Did vB used to also have a "Mark Thread as Read" link under "Thread Tools?" I don't remember it, and it seems odd they would have removed it.
                          Thanks for bringing back the 'mark forum as read' link in the 'thread tools'.
                          I was surprised just how much I missed it when it was gone.
                          sigpic

Comment

edit history test 42
                            Last edited by SoulReaver; 20 May 2008, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                              Thanks for bringing back the 'mark forum as read' link in the 'thread tools'.
                              I was surprised just how much I missed it when it was gone.
                              I'm pretty sure it was never gone, but you're welcome.
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                Did not mean to offend. I am sorry if I conveyed that message. We are in the same boat, you see me asking things left and right without noticing they have been answered .
                                Don't worry. I was angry at my own stupidity. You did the right thing telling me. I didn't mean to give the impression I was angry at you.

Comment

Working...
                                X