Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me so far, the large page format on the forum will be hard to get used to.....lots of 'white space'. It gives me a headache. I'm still trying to figure out everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
      For me so far, the large page format on the forum will be hard to get used to.....lots of 'white space'. It gives me a headache. I'm still trying to figure out everything else.
      Have you tried changing the forum skin from classic to Gateworld 2.0? That's what I had to do to get the page back to normal.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Question: On your profile page...bottom right corner where it shows number of recent visitors to your profile page. Is the number shown able to be edited?

Just wondering because I've seen a couple of different numbers for "last ____ visitors to this page were" on different peoples' pages.

ETA: Eh, nevermind. I guess a lot of people are cloaked thus they don't trigger the little counting of most recent visitors thing.

Also I'm guessing that if you use invisible mode (which I use) then you don't show up as a visitor. Course that's fine by me.

Oh and on your User Control Panel, the rep points number to the right of "Last Reputation Received" is in black making it difficult to read. I think it used to be in white. (or I guess it used to be in white on the new skin as I've always used the old skin but have had to switch and it was white there.)

Yay! 4,000th post.
        Last edited by LoneStar1836; 17 May 2008, 09:18 PM.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
          Have you tried changing the forum skin from classic to Gateworld 2.0? That's what I had to do to get the page back to normal.
          Thanks! I did switch the settings and it worked.

GW Classic = wide screen
          GW 2.0 = Thin to win

Comment

OK - apparently no one else is having the same problems as I am, but I would still like to know how to fix them. I still have boxes with red Xs and text all over my profile, and it's kind of a jumbled mess. And there's several threads on the forum that have boxes with red Xs beside them too. Like this one has a box with a red x in it and text that says 3.7 upgrade, new features.

My forum skin was on default so I tried switching to Gateworld 2.0 and then to classic - nothing fixed the problem. The only difference I saw was that classic just stretched the forum out and some tabs popped up on my profile that I hadn't seen before (and can't see in the other settings).

What is everyone else seeing here? To me the forum looks just like it did before except for some new options and all the red Xs everywhere. Same coloring, same formatting.... is that not what everyone else is seeing?
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              OK - apparently no one else is having the same problems as I am, but I would still like to know how to fix them. I still have boxes with red Xs and text all over my profile, and it's kind of a jumbled mess. And there's several threads on the forum that have boxes with red Xs beside them too. Like this one has a box with a red x in it and text that says 3.7 upgrade, new features.

My forum skin was on default so I tried switching to Gateworld 2.0 and then to classic - nothing fixed the problem. The only difference I saw was that classic just stretched the forum out and some tabs popped up on my profile that I hadn't seen before (and can't see in the other settings).

What is everyone else seeing here? To me the forum looks just like it did before except for all the red Xs everywhere. Same coloring, same formatting.... is that not what everyone else is seeing?
              are you using internet explorer ?????

the template seems to not like it. i got the same thing once i switch to firefox everything was fine
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                are you using internet explorer ?????
                yes
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

I've got all the red x's as well. What's it supposed to look like where those are?

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post

What is everyone else seeing here? To me the forum looks just like it did before except for some new options and all the red Xs everywhere. Same coloring, same formatting.... is that not what everyone else is seeing?
                    What browser are you using? IE6 or 7 I take it. Just switch to Firefox 2 trust me you won't regret it unless your one of those people that likes inferior software.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman View Post
                      What browser are you using? IE6 or 7 I take it. Just switch to Firefox 2 trust me you won't regret it unless your one of those people that likes inferior software.
                      Well my "inferior software" works just fine with every other website I visit, so no, I have absolutely no intentions of downloading a new browser just for this one. It's not that important. It would be nice if it could be fixed, but if I have to deal, I'll deal.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      sigpic

Comment

How about letting Darren & co. sort out the bugs and drop the whole IE vs. Firefox pissing contest? Jeez. Some people prefer one over the other and some- *gasp!*- even use BOTH.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                          How about letting Darren & co. sort out the bugs and drop the whole IE vs. Firefox pissing contest? Jeez. Some people prefer one over the other and some- *gasp!*- even use BOTH.
                          Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer
                            It just would be nice to know whether 1) the problems are indeed IE related, and 2) whether there are plans to address the issues or whether we IE users just need to get used to it. As long as I know what to expect, I can deal.
                            I think this is a valid point as well since I have to utilize both and don't always have a say in which browser I am to use
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              err, it's actually a fact... just because its the most used doesn't mean its the one that is right.

btw, there are many other browsers than firefox which do just as good (and much better than IE) job. Opera and safari for two.

That's all well and good, AD...but it reminds me of what happened between VHS and betamax.

But I digress.

I've never used MySpace or Facebook, so I have to plead total ignorance on this question:

If someone is on my Friends list, do I also need to set them up in my Contacts? What's the difference?

Thanks to anyone who will answer. I'm sure this is a fairly elementary question, but having never used the big "social networking" sites, I simply have no experience with this.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                                I have IE and I don't have any problem with it on the site.
                                I tried IE here at home along with my Mozilla and I had issues with the IE but at work i don't have a say in what browser we use so there I can't do much to change things ... So as long as I know the browser itself won't allow select things then I know its a browser issue and that it isn't my work *blocking* the content
                                As it is right now my IE has all these red squares for all the icons ... and I just had to reformat my hard drive so I know everything is shiny and newly updated
                                Originally posted by Col. Newman
                                Well you can have a say if you use PortableApps just sayin'.
                                Unfortunately not everyone will so ... rather than have some debate on what browser is best...since THIS is not the thread for it...there are many folks that would like to know that regardless of the browser or at least regardless of the most popular browsers they can see all the new features and it is not an *internal* issue for them but rather an external one and they need to look elsewhere for a fix rather than at GW OR at their browser
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X