This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is this thread still here?

Shouldn't it be closed on account of absolute "NO WAY IN HELL!"?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

i thought the same thing when i saw it.

Comment

If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve. - William Tecumseh Sherman on being pressed to be the Republican candidate for President of the US in 1884.

In other words - Are you NUTS? I come here to play and have fun. I don't want to have to referee everyone's squabbles.
        You're never too old to do something goofy.
        sigpic
        Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

anyone who wouldn't vote for me is simply throwing their vote away.

Comment

*feeds vote to her paper shredder* TTFN!
            You're never too old to do something goofy.
            sigpic
            Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

VOTE FOR MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I'm the most popular, known unknown person on Gateworld!!! WOOHOO! GO ME!!!
              Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

no, just fall into oblivion.
                sigpic
                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic View Post
                  VOTE FOR MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I'm the most popular, known unknown person on Gateworld!!! WOOHOO! GO ME!!!
                  if you're popular then you would be known.

Comment

Those choices are most confusing, general.

Yes to the votes.....

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      Moderator elections are a bad idea. In the end, such things become a popularity contest and the winners could end up being people with little to no experience and have no idea what they are doing.

It's always best for the staff of a site to pick it's moderators, because then they can ask about what experience a person has, what skills and talents they have and more importantly, the staff would be picking someone suited rather than the most popular member on the site.
                      lol, I was going to say that I would like you to be a mod, but then I read your post. I still think that you would be a great mod, but if you disagree with elections, it would kind of be pointless for me to propose you.

Personally, I can think of a lot of people here that have been fairly unbiased, and seem to contribute in every post, but SaberBlade is the only one off the top of my head that also has a fairly high post count, reputation, and is a longtime member.
                      sigpic
                      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                      ~David Hewlett

Comment

I can't see Darren ever take on a new mod based on an election. But if you guys are having fun with this, we're not about to stop you

As always my vote is for Wormhole Xtreme.
                        sigpic

Comment

omg GATEGIPSEYS BACK!! Where've you been? You didn't even write or call!
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

It's only fun until someone starts tearing apart a "nominee" (or self-nominee, as is often the egomaniacal case) and listing off why he'd be a horrible mod and how he'd destroy the integrity of the entire board.

Comment

That's why we have the noodles of doom (Sky occasionally shares ) so we can glue everyone into line

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
                                That's why we have the noodles of doom (Sky occasionally shares ) so we can glue everyone into line
                                So people can go wild about how someone would make a great mod, but we can't retaliate with why that someone would be a horrible mod? Not very fair.

Comment

Working...
                                X