This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Oh, darn it! I have just spend too much time on closing the Kyle XL thingy now...

I agree. Must.get.rid.of.it. The dominant yet overly sensitive little... bugger.
    *Notice how I'm already personalizing the thing

Now that I got that out of my system I feel much better
    I horribly annoying!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      'Tis a good reason not to watch Kyle XY ever, no?
      It's not giving me a good reason to want to want to watch it! It's one thing to give you the choice to make the banner bigger, it's a whole different thing when it pops up randomly on it's own, quite irritating actually.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
        There's an ad about a show called Kyle which enlarges when I put my cursor over the my control link. Even when I closed it and clicked on my controls I was taken to the abc wedsite.
        Ugh that Ad is very annoying, Ive gone to that website like 5 times. !!!

Comment

only 5.... wow your lucky

Comment

I usually don't have a problem with drop down ads but this one is annoying. Try switching your Gateworld format to the Classic option. The ad is then at the very top of the screen outside the gateworld website. Doesn't eliminate the problem completely, but it does cut down the number of times you hit it.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

And they the **** is he lifting up his shirt?! "Oh ladies, look at my nearly non-existent 6-pack and watch my show!"

Sorry, I just really hate it...so much.

Comment

This ad has been driving me up the wall the past couple days as well.....nearly every time I go to a new page it scrolls down covering everything up, and when I close it I get the frakkin ABC website pop-up.

This has gone beyond a nuisance.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  And they the **** is he lifting up his shirt?! "Oh ladies, look at my nearly non-existent 6-pack and watch my show!"

Sorry, I just really hate it...so much.
                  Yea the whole "showing stomach" thing is kinda dumb. That AD makes me *not* want to watch it,..ever. The AD is really buggin me because I am always clicking on the picture that says "Gateworld Forum" to get back to the main forum. And I keep clicking the AD instead.

Comment

It's supposed to be showing off the fact that he has no belly button, but it looks like some pathetic attempt at being sexy. Which is a bit squick since technically I think he's jailbait, or nearly so.

ALL the drop-down ads piss me off because they always get in the way and screw up the controls. Although I still think the Circuit City one is the worst since it drops down automatically no matter where your pointer is.

Comment

Oh is that what it's for? Hmm...that'd be pretty important...if the freaking "Check Out the Season 2 Preview" sign isn't blocking it!!

These ads are getting dumber everyday.

Comment

I haven't had any problem with it so I try to have a problem with it it took three attempts to get it 'accidentally' come down *shrugs* maybe I have better hand eye coordination... it does have a button to close it.

Anyway I am one of those peeps who hate all ads on GW, I see no reason to have them, just open it up for subscription... hey the way LJ is going I am quite happy to send over my two bucks fifty a month to GW.

Comment

Sorry about the trouble, all. The best we can do is be patient and let such ads run their course, and use the duplicated nav links at the bottom of the page when you're having any navigation problems.

The good news is that the ads keep GateWorld online, and your clicks do help.

I hope that we'll be in a position to offer ad-free subscription before the year is out. Thanks to all for your patience.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Well, praise be to the Ori, Kyle X is gone! I know the ads pay for the site but that was a bad one...

What is the average 'life' of a banner ad? Just in case another really hideous one appears.

Comment

I don't quite know where to post this, so this seems as good a place as any. As i was browsing the forum a minute ago, i saw an ad for Ann Coulter on the bottom of the forums. ANN COULTER!

I just want to express my shock, dismay, and anger that GW would allow advertisements for her on the site. I am personally offended by her hateful, spiteful, and downright vile rhetoric directed at not only a host of different groups, but a minority group in particular that i happen to be a part of.

She spreads a message of hate, intolerance, and in extreme cases, violence. Those are not things i associate with GW, and not things i hope GW wants to be associated with.

I would respectfully request that ads for her products, and/or links to her writings be removed from GW.

LogicSequence

Comment

The bottom banner ad is exclusively served by Google AdSense, so 1) anyone and everyone can buy ad space from Google without being screened; and 2) ads are targetted based on a page's key words.

We will generally allow any ads that do not violate the forum rules (too adult, profanity, etc.), or are deceptive, excessively flashy, or ads for gambling.

I know that Ann Coulter is a very ... shall we say abrupt and controversial figure, but I'd need to see that the specific ad violates one of the above before blocking it. Political opinion and/or a person's complete and utter lack of tact are not grounds for blocking.
                                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                                X