Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, Firefox with adblock works fine with me, it's IE that's a nightmare.

Comment

Add me to the list of people who's really torqued off by that ad. I just sat here and hit refresh a bazillion times so I could try to hit the "New Posts" button, but that ad is the only one coming up! I feel bad for killing forum bandwidth trying to get past it, but at the same time, it really brings usability to a screeching halt. Luckily I always keep myself logged in here at home, but I feel for anyone using a computer where that's not possible. And the "New Posts" button is really the only efficient way that I can keep up with posts without having to click through every section of the forum.

ETA: okay, just installed AdBlock into Firefox - how to I add a filter to block that one?
      ETA2: N/M, figured out how to add the filter. Works okay for me now!
      Last edited by xfkirsten; 07 February 2006, 06:39 PM.
      "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
      My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

It seems to work on in IE.. going to have to stick with it for awhile

Comment

I agree...that add really sucks! I just keep hitting "reload" until I get a different banner.

Incidentally, this is my favorite banner ad...can anyone tell me why?

Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Because it's nice and simple. No animations, no drop-downs, just a plain block of text and graphics.

I wish more ads were like that. And I actually wanna see Mirrormask.

EDIT: Wait, rollover for more?? So it IS one of those damn drop-downs?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              EDIT: Wait, rollover for more?? So it IS one of those damn drop-downs?
              Indeed. There is another, more humorous reason why I like it. Let's just say I question their font choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                Indeed. There is another, more humorous reason why I like it. Let's just say I question their font choice.
                You are a sad, strange little man.

Comment

This ad is very annoying. It took me forever to log in.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    You are a sad, strange little man.
                    LOL, once you figure it out you'll know what I mean.

Comment

I just try to scroll around it. Internet Exploder works just about as well with Firefox with it. It's prevented me from logging in several times.

And for some reason when I look at the page in Firefox, I can't log in at all. I don't get the little text thing when I'm over the textbox to log in.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

unfortunatly i'm on my mothers comp and she downloads every toolbar she sees so Ie is popup h***.

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
                          unfortunatly i'm on my mothers comp and she downloads every toolbar she sees so Ie is popup h***.
                          Which is why Microsoft Antispyware comes in handy so well. All I have in IE is IE and the google toolbar.

Comment

Oh, good. I thought it was just me having that problem. I usually refresh the page until it shows an ad that doesn't interfere.
                            My Depth Is Immaterial To This Conversation...

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                              LOL, once you figure it out you'll know what I mean.
                              FLICK ?

So this ad blocking thingy for firefox. does that kill the google ads too or just the annoying flash ones?

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
                                FLICK ?

So this ad blocking thingy for firefox. does that kill the google ads too or just the annoying flash ones?
                                It's not Adblock that you want...It's noscript. Adblock won't work on this. Though you do have to say that Gateworld.Net is an approved site for javascript. But ABSOLUTELY DON'T ACCEPT falkag.net.

Comment

Working...
                                X