This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hamatau'ri View Post
    When you upload pictures on Gateworld, how do you get them to come up full size instead of a link or a thumbnail? Like in post #2892? I really want to start making sigs but I can't because of this problem, it would be much better if people could see sign in their entirety instead of a crappy thumb. Thanks in advance.
    You need to sign up with a 3rd party image hosting site. I recommend Image Shack or Photobucket. Their you can upload pics from your hard drive. Once uploaded the image site will give you the forum code to post a pic.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      You need to sign up with a 3rd party image hosting site. I recommend Image Shack or Photobucket. Their you can upload pics from your hard drive. Once uploaded the image site will give you the forum code to post a pic.
      Oh..., well thanks for the help anyway!

Comment

can a mod tell me how many rep points each green square is worth i thought it was fifty but it seems not, and a cant find it in the faq and user sections

Comment

I think a green block is a 100 points. (Actually I'm pretty sure a green block is 100 rep points, as I got a new block when I crossed the limit of a 100 rep points.)

(I'm however no mod.)

EDIT/ BTW There is info on this here in this thread.

X-treme Guide to Gateworld (for newbies)

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

Q: How many points do I have to get in order to get another rep block?

When you join Gateworld, you start off with 13 points and one green block. Once you pass the 100 point mark, you'll get a second square. Initially, each block represents 100 rep points. After the first four (I think), it becomes 200 points per block and the levels become progressively higher until you max out at 11 squares. I'm not sure how many points it takes get get from the 10th square to the 11th one, but I think it's around 500.

Q: How come some blocks are a lighter green?

I think it's a stylistic thing. It takes more points to get them and it helps them stand out a bit more.
          Last edited by Jper; 26 February 2009, 03:09 AM.
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

i couldnt find the guide, there are more than 300 pages here, and a search found diddly. oh well now i know

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
              i couldnt find the guide, there are more than 300 pages here, and a search found diddly. oh well now i know
              No problem, I just pointed it out to you for as you might have other questions.

Hope you get your second block soon.
              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                No problem, I just pointed it out to you for as you might have other questions.

Hope you get your second block soon.
                so do i. ive had a look at the guide and found it most usefull, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

mmmm, keller

Comment

I uh have someone on

ignore

but I want to post after them... but there isn't a quick reply button.. I never put any one on ignore before! so do I have to un-ignore and then re-ignore *sigh*
                  Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Um having a person on ignore shouldn't have any effect on your quick reply. I think you discovered a glitch.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

With the last upgrade you don't have to press the QR button, you can just go down to the Quick Reply box and start typing.
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Wow do I feel dumb...

I didn't see the post reply button..

feel free to smack the back of my head like Gibbs

I'll stand still!

Okay!
                        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                          Wow do I feel dumb...

I didn't see the post reply button..

feel free to smack the back of my head like Gibbs

I'll stand still!

Okay!
                          this is the only gibb's slap smilie I have: by zuz of course!

Comment

hello people i have subscribed to discussions and set it to instant e-mail notification, but i don't receive any e-mails from discussions on social groups.

can anyone help me out?

Comment

Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
                              hello people i have subscribed to discussions and set it to instant e-mail notification, but i don't receive any e-mails from discussions on social groups.

can anyone help me out?
                              last i knew social groups don't send out notification but i could be wrong./

may have to let the mods know it could be a error
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Any recommendations for a good screen cap program (freeware, preferrably).

Thankies.

das
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X