Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-treme Guide to GateWorld (for newbies)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh man!!
    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Yesss finally I have got my Avatar, and my true form of the Ori has been seen through he eyes of the Doci, hahahahahahahahahaha
      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Congrats on the avatar of your dreams...
        sigpic

Comment

Merci!! Casier D'Exposition!
          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Thank you so much for this guide. It has answered some questions (user levels, av rankings -even if they are out of date) that I thought I'd have to ask, 'cos I couldn't find the answers anywhere else.

Great piece of work , now bookmarked.
            C-D
            Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

I agree with Cheerful Dragon^^. You did a good job with that guide, it's a great help for a newbie like me^^

Comment

when i first came here it was a good guide to read first but maybe someday if anyone has time to update it

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard
                  when i first came here it was a good guide to read first but maybe someday if anyone has time to update it
                  In what respect does it need to be updated?

Comment

um... just people are saying that the avatar post count is a bit out of date

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow
                      Note: various levels are subject to change without notice, pending the whims of our false god, Darren. WARNING: Av levels have changed, but are left here as a general reference.
                      they changed last time (in part) because everyone knew what they were
                      sigpic
                      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Well, if people can't read, there's little I can do about it, is there? Perhaps if I use strikethrough on the number it'll make it even more blatantly obvious than the bold red words of warning?

Comment

I know this thread hasn't been used for a while, but I had a little too much time on my hands and checked whether the data you have in your first post is still correct, Shadow.

The user levels and the linked post count levels are still the same.

I checked the rep levels and added the number of blocks you need to have. The only real new thing is the deepest red level (see bottom). (I copied this from the first post; new stuff marked in blue.)

+1 block ... is incubating and will one day take a host.
                          +2 blocks ...is slithering well on the way to taking a host.
                          +3&+4 blocks ...is a beacon of hope for all larval Goa'uld.
                          +5&+6 blocks ...is finally ready to take a human host. (thanks for the reminder, GatetheWay)
                          +7 blocks ...is getting popular among the ranks of the Jaffa.
                          +8 blocks ...is feablue in all Goa'uld harvesting worlds.
                          +9 blocks & Darren, GateGipsy ...is whispered of among the System Lords. (thanks LoneStar1836)
                          +10 blocks ...is formally recognized by the System Lords. (thanks LoneStar1836)
                          Greg ...has ascended to a higher plane of existance. So long, mortals!
                          David ...is a well-known threat to the System Lords.
                          Major Tyler, Kiwi, Feli ...serves as a loyal advisor to the System Lords.
                          Skydiver, Madeleine, Shipperahoy, TameFarrar ...reigns as System Lord. Kneel before your god!

On the negative side, you have:

...is known only in the primordial waters on P3X-888.
                          ...has been selected by the Goa'uld torture masters.
                          ...has been banished to the Goa'uld naquadah mines.
                          ...is the lowest of the low.
                          -6 blocks ...Red-Is-Cool (because of user http://forum.gateworld.net/member.php?u=3535)
                          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
                            I know this thread hasn't been used for a while, but I had a little too much time on my hands and checked whether the data you have in your first post is still correct, Shadow.

The user levels and the linked post count levels are still the same.

I checked the rep levels and added the number of blocks you need to have. The only real new thing is the deepest red level (see bottom). (I copied this from the first post; new stuff marked in blue.)

+1 block ... is incubating and will one day take a host.
                            +2 blocks ...is slithering well on the way to taking a host.
                            +3&+4 blocks ...is a beacon of hope for all larval Goa'uld.
                            +5&+6 blocks ...is finally ready to take a human host. (thanks for the reminder, GatetheWay)
                            +7 blocks ...is getting popular among the ranks of the Jaffa.
                            +8 blocks ...is feablue in all Goa'uld harvesting worlds.
                            +9 blocks & Darren, GateGipsy ...is whispered of among the System Lords. (thanks LoneStar1836)
                            +10 blocks ...is formally recognized by the System Lords. (thanks LoneStar1836)
                            Greg ...has ascended to a higher plane of existance. So long, mortals!
                            David ...is a well-known threat to the System Lords.
                            Major Tyler, Kiwi, Feli ...serves as a loyal advisor to the System Lords.
                            Skydiver, Madeleine, Shipperahoy, TameFarrar ...reigns as System Lord. Kneel before your god!

On the negative side, you have:

...is known only in the primordial waters on P3X-888.
                            ...has been selected by the Goa'uld torture masters.
                            ...has been banished to the Goa'uld naquadah mines.
                            ...is the lowest of the low.
                            -6 blocks ...Red-Is-Cool (because of user http://forum.gateworld.net/member.php?u=3535)
                            Hmmm ... somehow i suspect Gregs rank is kind of a 'Greg fiddling with complicated Admin buttons' kinda thing.
                            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Regarding rep blocks, I'm pretty sure that the message changes a few times even though it stays at 11 blocks and all the messages (excepting Greg's) can be attained by anyone. I'm gonna agree with jonno about Greg's message. It may be attainable, but it's at a pretty high level. And of course, it's possible Greg gets inundated with green for working on the forum.
                              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Great guide , it's very helpfull .
                                spoilers for unending:
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X