• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    well, the avatar things will be fixed as soon as i can upload them

i made a bunch today, just haven't had time to upload
    Just to let people know, the social groups should all have icons now. Most are specific to the group, others are just generic place holders. You are certainly free to upload your own, but this was just a way to get the formatting cleared up
    Speaking of Avatars. I know if you reach a magical, mysterious, undefined number of posts above 2000, you'll be able to choose your own personal avatar. But, I noticed there's no Personal Avatar of Jennifer Keller. I mention this now as you used an avatar for the social group of JS/JK and one for the Rodney/Jennifer group. I asked around on several threads before and it seems there's no avatar for her nor for the actress (Jewel Staite), not even when you reach certain levels to unlock more and new avatars. This I thought was kind of weird and surprising as there are a whole bunch of other avatars. Almost every character of SG1/SGA has one. So I'd like to request to put at least one avatar of JS/JK between the others.
    OR else could a mod please explain to me, why this would not be possible or has not been implemented?

My apologies for the possible stupid question and my possible poor English.

Jasper

EDIT/ Sorry for the addition, but I just went back to the 'Edit Avatar' section, and I'd like to point out the specific sections there I am referring to and browsed through in search of a JS/JK avatar:
    Main Characters: 43 avatars
    Bonus Main Characters: 78 avatars
    Tau'ri: 109 avatars
    If I'm somehow missing the avatar, please point it out...
    Last edited by Jper; 12 February 2009, 10:21 AM.
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

you know, i don't know.

what i do is go into the group and then at the bottom you might see a little edit bar with 'join group, edit group, delete group' (don't think you guys will have the delete one)

It's possible that that's something that only the group maker can do.

If it's a case where the thread maker isn't around anymore, let me know. Such as with teh group that wraithlord made and he's no longer around, i transferred that group to someone else
      Yes Skydiver the group maker has the power of deletion, like me

What about if your social group is the most unused lonliest social group every, cau I just delete it without permission or letting the group members know?
      sigpic
      JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
      Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
      Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        Is there a way to fix it so that when you open a discussion thread in the group, you go to the most recent page instead of the first? This is the only change that's kinda bugged me a little. Now, instead of just opening your group and seeing the most recent posts, it's a three step process. You have to open the group, open the thread, and then scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the last page to go to the end of it. It's a little annoying.
        i'll defer to darren on that one, because i haven't seen a way to change it. And i agree with you, i liked it with the newest posts first
        You could just click the little arrow/icon next to the name of the last poster. It will take you to the last post, which I think is even 'handier' than the last page.

Here's a visual explanation:
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by John's PuddleJumper View Post
          Yes Skydiver the group maker has the power of deletion, like me

What about if your social group is the most unused lonliest social group every, cau I just delete it without permission or letting the group members know?
          i would say that's up to you. give notice or simply delete it and see if anyone notices
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
            Speaking of Avatars. I know if you reach a magical, mysterious, undefined number of posts above 2000, you'll be able to choose your own personal avatar. But, I noticed there's no Personal Avatar of Jennifer Keller. I mention this now as you used an avatar for the social group of JS/JK and one for the Rodney/Jennifer group. I asked around on several threads before and it seems there's no avatar for her nor for the actress (Jewel Staite), not even when you reach certain levels to unlock more and new avatars. This I thought was kind of weird and surprising as there are a whole bunch of other avatars. Almost every character of SG1/SGA has one. So I'd like to request to put at least one avatar of JS/JK between the others.
            OR else could a mod please explain to me, why this would not be possible or has not been implemented?

My apologies for the possible stupid question and my possible poor English.

Jasper

EDIT/ Sorry for the addition, but I just went back to the 'Edit Avatar' section, and I'd like to point out the specific sections there I am referring to and browsed through in search of a JS/JK avatar:
            Main Characters: 43 avatars
            Bonus Main Characters: 78 avatars
            Tau'ri: 109 avatars
            If I'm somehow missing the avatar, please point it out...
            there are two sets of avatars we're talking about here

i worked on the social groups ones and i have access to edit those

i don't have access to the forum wide 'post' avatars. that's up to darren and others to upload.

So i'd suggest that you contact him and heck, if you make some maybe he'll even upload it for you
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

there are two sets of avatars we're talking about here

i worked on the social groups ones and i have access to edit those

i don't have access to the forum wide 'post' avatars. that's up to darren and others to upload.

So i'd suggest that you contact him and heck, if you make some maybe he'll even upload it for you
              Ah, but since you could change the social groups ones, I thought you would maybe have access to the forum wide 'post' avatars.
              I could PM Darren... however, since I'm still a 'newbie', I hope you'll forgive me for asking: "Who's Heck?"
              I'll even try making an avatar... if he's willing to add one

Comment

I'm a little curious where this "vB is an out-of-the-box product" perception is coming from too.... I'm active at another board that just recently changed from phpBB to vB, for the express reason that vB is infinitely customizable and modifiable. The guy that owns it has made all sorts of tweaks and modifications based on user input.

I may just be misunderstanding what I've read in this thread too. That's entirely likely and happens quite often lol
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I'm a little curious where this "vB is an out-of-the-box product" perception is coming from too.... I'm active at another board that just recently changed from phpBB to vB, for the express reason that vB is infinitely customizable and modifiable. The guy that owns it has made all sorts of tweaks and modifications based on user input.

I may just be misunderstanding what I've read in this thread too. That's entirely likely and happens quite often lol
                  I've made lots of tweaks and modifications, as well. And we can customize all sorts of things, and even apply third-party hacks when necessary. But I think the point is that there are still plenty of aspects of the forum software that we as end-users don't have control of.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

So with all this upgrade and sutff, will the fanfic uploader come back online?
                    sigpic
                    JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
                    Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
                    Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

I have someone developing a new fanfic application. It's close, but currently in her hands.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I have an avatar that is animated and would like to use it but when I upload it it's not animated. Now, I know I've seen animated avatars here on GW before... a flaming Prior of the Ori if memory serves. So, my question is, if that animated avatar works, how come mine doesn't?

I can use it on other forums but not here.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Hi! I'm new on this forum, and my posts aren't coming through for some reason. Is there something wrong with my account?
                          This is my own sig of my fave character!

Comment

Originally posted by E'lyssa View Post
                            Hi! I'm new on this forum, and my posts aren't coming through for some reason. Is there something wrong with my account?
                            All new members are on Probie status for a bit of time and all of their posts have to be approved by a moderator prior to general public viewing

While we can appreciate the inconvenience if you just post as normal we will try to keep up with you
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

*ehem*

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                              I have an avatar that is animated and would like to use it but when I upload it it's not animated. Now, I know I've seen animated avatars here on GW before... a flaming Prior of the Ori if memory serves. So, my question is, if that animated avatar works, how come mine doesn't?

I can use it on other forums but not here.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

Sorry. We're not overlooking you, but I think that's a question for Darren, and I don't think he's around at the moment. I'm sure when he does check in, he'll be happy to answer your question.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X