Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone talk me thru making a poll, Im not sure how to. I want people to be able to vote.

Jor El
    Daniel

Comment

you need to PM a mod or report the thread
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Hi Jor-El.
        Is the poll one you'd like added in an existing thread you created ?

If you're starting off a new topic then list your choices in the first post,press report( the triangle symbol with the ! sign) asking for the poll ,then one of us'll help you out asap.
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by the missing 7 View Post
          question are the new avatars live????? or do you have to reach a certain levels before you can use them???

to clarify i meant the larger avatars Darren talked about in the 2009 forum changes thread

not custom avatars
          this has happened before and will happen again

Comment

to clarify i meant the larger avatars Darren talked about in the 2009 forum changes thread

not custom avatars
            Ahh you have to have at least 2000 something posts and have been a member for a select amount of time in order to have a custom avatar
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

question are the new avatars live????? or do you have to reach a certain levels before you can use them???
              Nope, not yet. Stay tuned.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Please forgive me if this has been asked before, but I don't really have time to go through 387 pages to look for the answer.

Can I use a signature picture or two that is from Joe Flanigan's sisters blog site? I could not find a contact me address to ask her myself. The pictures can also be found by doing a google search.

Thanks!

Comment

We want to make sure we're all on board with this decision so it's under discussion - it may take a day to get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Done.
                    Cheers Bagpuss.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
                      Please forgive me if this has been asked before, but I don't really have time to go through 387 pages to look for the answer.

Can I use a signature picture or two that is from Joe Flanigan's sisters blog site? I could not find a contact me address to ask her myself. The pictures can also be found by doing a google search.

Thanks!
                      Since his sister's blog is public and she's never - to our knowledge - posted a 'please don't repost these pics' there's nothing rule wise we can do about it.

That being said, many of Joe's fans do not like people finding pics on her blog and posting them. In fact, they are quite offended and upset and see it as an invasion of his and his family's privacy.

So if you choose to use those pics, be prepared to acknowledge that your use of them will tick some off and will get them upset at you.

And, unless they break the rules of this forum in expressing their dislike, you're on your own.

So, while we may not have a rule against pics from that specific site, please be aware that your fellow fen will not like you using and posting them. And, as long as no forum rules are broken in them expressing that dislike, we, as mods, stay out of it.

Basically, use them at your own risk.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply and answer to my question!

Comment

you may want to check out some posts in the joe thunk thread. this morning we've put forth the idea that all pics taken from Joe's sister's blog be spoiler tagged. that way people that want to use them can, those that don't want to see them don't have to.

It may be an option for your sig if you make it. make the grapic and then tag it
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi, will the social groups be back up and running by midnight tonight? (GMT, I think it'd be 7pm EST) I run a contest in there and am supposed to be updating it then so I just wondered whether I should postpone it or not

Thanks!
                            What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Just wondering whether anyone has set up a thread for the Australians to check in and let us know they're ok. I just checked to see who is online, and none of my Aussie friends are right now.

If you're not aware of a thread, I'll just check for them in their usual hangouts, but I thought I'd ask.

I know this is not the usual type of question for this thread, so I apologize if it's too off-topic.

Thanks!

Comment

Okay, something strange is happening with my Social groups. I can click on them, but I can only see the members and pictures, I cant add or see any of the posts. I also noticed that the groups have "icons" now, and I cant see any of those either. How can I fix this?

Comment

Working...
                                X