This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
    Please use the "report post" feature to report the thread - that way we get a handy url to click on
    Done. Thank you.

Comment

Just out of cusiousity. What happen to the blogs on the main site?

Comment

The entire Opinion section, including Blogs, was deprecated and removed from the main menu due to a lack of updates. I believe some of the mods are still blogging, though, and everything is still online:

http://www.gateworld.net/blogs/
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Ahh, I thought my Casting to Type thread in Universe was a completely different topic than the Diversity issue. As I was not debating at all whether there is enough ethnic diversity, just whether the characters as cast, were stereotyped.
          But y'all know best.
          sigpic

Comment

Hello!

I just greened someone, but noticed that that's my only option. I can't red. Not that I do a lot, I think it may have been less than ten times total. I'm just curious why that option is gone. If it's across the board, then that's cool, and if I may have said something, that's cool as well... I'm just curious. Thanks!

P.S. If this has been mentioned already in a thread somewhere, my sincerest apologies!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

THe red reps are a thing of the past. while some were using them responsibly, others were using them to bully, and it was just creating an atmosphere that we didn't like. So, when Darren revamped things for his community statement, the red reps went away.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Here comes a Really Stupid Question/Request.

Het Atlantis Pairing Poll Thread and Slash Atlantis Pairing Poll Thread is really old and outdated. Can we have a 2009 poll with an updated list (possibly with multiple choice if you guys can do that and I know you can)? I know you can.

You know, just for fun and for friendly sharing of 'ships. And everyone loves clicking those buttons.

Option!List (Het):

Spoiler:

- Caldwell/Elizabeth
                - Carson/Elizabeth
                - Carson/Laura
                - Carson/Teyla
                - John/Elizabeth
                - John/Kate
                - John/Keller
                - John/Teyla
                - Kanaan/Teyla
                - Lorne/Elizabeth
                - Lorne/Laura
                - Lorne/Teyla
                - Michael/Teyla
                - Radek/Elizabeth
                - Radek/Teyla
                - Rodney/Elizabeth
                - Rodney/Katie
                - Rodney/Keller
                - Rodney/Laura
                - Rodney/Sam
                - Rodney/Teyla
                - Ronon/Amelia
                - Ronon/Elizabeth
                - Ronon/Keller
                - Ronon/Teyla
                - Other

These are the 'ships I know exist on GW (even if their threads aren't very active, there's still plenty who ship them) and just aren't a short-running thread that pops up.

Option!List (Slash):

Spoiler:

- Elizabeth/Kate
                - Elizabeth/Teyla
                - Teyla/Kate
                - Teyla/Keller
                - Carson/Rodney
                - John/Carson
                - John/Lorne
                - John/Rodney
                - John/Ronon
                - John/Todd
                - Radek/Lorne
                - Rodney/Radek
                - Rodney/Ronon
                - Ronon/Radek
                - Other

Same as above, though smaller because GW doen't have the same slash-amount as LJ for example does.

I'm asking, because I was gonna start a topic then request a multiple-choice poll ... but then I thought it was at risk for merge!action by teh moddies.

Thanks.

Comment

How long will the "Underworld Lycans" be rising?.....because that ad is really screwing with my pages loading!.........I can just about cope with the annoying length of time my comp takes to load the blasted "dragcave" icons but this one at the top of the page is a bloomin' nightmare.....

Deeds xx
                  Last edited by discodiva; 17 January 2009, 06:32 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

so...judging by my sig being modded, that's a "no" to my question?

out of curiosity, which mod did it though? they didn't tell me when they did it. i would've changed it if asked.
                    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                      How long will the "Underworld Lycans" be rising?.....because that ad is really screwing with my pages loading!.........I can just about cope with the annoying length of time my comp takes to load the blasted "dragcave" icons but this one at the top of the page is a bloomin' nightmare.....

Deeds xx
                      I'm afraid i don't know how long the spots are set to run, sorry

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        I'm afraid i don't know how long the spots are set to run, sorry
                        Underworld will be released on the 23rd of January - Maybe they will stop around that time.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

that sounds like a logical conclusion

sigpic

Comment

So why exactly was my thread moved???

It was a thread on how the crew of the Tria survived. It was pretty much on the advancement of Ancient foods, that was where I intended for the thread to move.

Plus i posted it the General Stargate forum so people would actually look at it, instead of in the back 80.

Comment

Your thread was moved into the Atlantis Season 3 section as that's the correct section for discussion of the Tria/Return details and discussion.

I've left a "redirect" link in the Stargate General Discussion section so that anyone who clicks it will be taken straight through to your thread.

Hope that helps.
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

This is a bit of a delayed reaction, but it's been nagging at me since someone mentioned it.

Chuck was moved to OT for not being "science fiction" right? And yet the threads for Prison Break and 24 continue to be allowed in the SF&F folder even though they have even less to do with scifi than Chuck? I'm sure I reported the PB thread a long time ago and recently did so again and it's probably the same with 24, but in the off chance that those threads are NOT moved I'd like to hear the reasoning behind their being allowed to stay. And if they ARE going to be allowed, then shouldn't Chuck go back to SF&F? He has a computer databse in his head. That's a bit more scifi than guys escaping from prison or some dude hunting down terrorists.

Comment

Working...
                                X